Poll: which do you prefer

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft logs is the new armory

So since the armory went and revamped itself removing information, warcraftlogs have stepped up and done a really good job at adding in important information that the armory doesn't show. Recent activity, relics+traits, every trait in their weapon, decimals in the secondary % and the option to see ratings. I just llike the layout much more, I have no reason to ever visit the armory again.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...d/suprhmnjesse

Deleted
    Okay. Good for you?

It still misses a lot of info Wowprogress doesn't (& vice versa), but I do prefer it the regular armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Okay. Good for you?
    What is even the point of this response? Yay for MMO Champion forum culture, where people feel the need to come here and take their horrible lives out on other members of the community with spite.

On-topic: WarcraftLogs has everything. The new Armoury look is appealing, but WarcraftLogs have matched it and more. The whole situation with this is very reminiscent of a state-run service vs the private alternative. WarcraftLogs is the private alternative here.

I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing either way though. Arguments surrounding separation of the community and elitism come to mind. Blizzard are also quite loudly against basing everything off of "numbers", which WL represents - and whilst more information is good, we can see what numerical values has done to the PuG community in-game since GearScore in Wrath. Only time will tell if this new feature will have any spread or impact on the broader player base.

EDIT: Gz on Sephuz OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    What is even the point of this response? Yay for MMO Champion forum culture, where people feel the need to come here and take their horrible lives out on other members of the community with spite.
    Something you prove yourself, I guess, since you made my 4 words represent that somehow.

EDIT: Gz on Sephuz OP.
    Thank you, legendary number 13 was the last that was eligible for BM, wanted it just so that new legendaries would be the only thing on my table in 7.2.5 just got the gloves/boots left for MM

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, it looks all the same in information, except that Warcraft Logs has added in the calculated rankings and a loot list (which isn't that importat)..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Both

WarcraftLogs advantages:

1. It shows relics
    2. It shows recent activity and last login

WarcraftLogs is missing:

1. Collections
    2. Achievements
    3. Reputations

Deleted
    WoWprogress replaced the armory for me a long time ago.
    Warcraftlogs is more like an addition if i want to get more detailed information but wowprogress has by far the best overview.

Deleted
    Is Warcraft logs so down the drain that it needs to advertise itself on mmoc or what is the point of this thread?

I think it's actually quite hillarious that their new armory page shows LESS information their API provides.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter tbh, I never use the armory for anything and only occasionally check our logs.

Warcraft Logs is useless if you don't do hardcore PvE, because that's literally all the information it shows.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

I like Warcraft logs simply for the logs aspect but I'll definitely have to stick with the Armory for everything else simply because it shows things that Warcraft Logs misses (collections, rep, etc..).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Okay. Good for you?
    Sounds like it is good for him, and perhaps others who are unaware of the changes to warcraft logs. You're still super cool, don't worry.

Looking up my character, Armory is absolutely superior as it actually shows information about said character (ignoring vital information such as name, server, specialization and class, achievement points and when I last logged out!).

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    So since the armory went and revamped itself removing information, warcraftlogs have stepped up and done a really good job at adding in important information that the armory doesn't show. Recent activity, relics+traits, every trait in their weapon, decimals in the secondary % and the option to see ratings. I just llike the layout much more, I have no reason to ever visit the armory again.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...d/suprhmnjesse
    Since the armory shows my character and WCL doesn't, I guess I'd have to go with the one that provides information.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

As the creator of Warcraft Logs, I don't really consider the character pages to be a replacement for Armory. My new pages are showing information that is relevant to PvE progression and rankings (like gear, artifact, talents, stats, activity, etc.). I'm not trying to make a generalized replacement for Armory, which is why you don't see stuff like Collections, PvP, Reputations or Achievements, since none of that is relevant for PvE raiding/Mythic+ progression.

For those who like wowprogress better, I assume you're mostly talking about the Mythic+ stuff (like a score for Mythic+ and information about dungeons completed, etc.). I do plan to enhance the Mythic+ section of my pages to show some of that information.

If there's anything you would like the WCL character pages to add (either stuff wowprogress does or stuff that Armory does), let me know!
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

Deleted
    And here you are, doing exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are good
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringko
    Looking up my character, Armory is absolutely superior as it actually shows information about said character (ignoring vital information such as name, server, specialization and class, achievement points and when I last logged out!).
    There were actually some bugs for characters that don't really log on my site that kept them from displaying. I've fixed those now, so you can at least see the intended display for your character now.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity