Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/elections/re...ecial-election

I understand that many people voted early, before Gianforte flipped the f*** out, but this is still so damn depressing.

People would rather vote for someone who physically assaults the press than vote for a Democrat.

Holy. F***ing. Hell.

I'm done. F*** it, I'm done. Stop the ride, I want off.

10+ Year Old Account
    party before principle, party before country, party before morals. Thats all Im getting from this guy still winning.

How much more damage can the previous generation do before they finally die.

You've done enough. Let go and stop fucking those of us who still have 40-60 years left alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    By the way, last night's wrestling event aside, who would even vote for this guy? Let's take a look at his stances: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_G...ical_positions

His view on retirement is "Noah was 600 years old when he built the ark" What the actual fuck.
    He also has ties to a YEC museum. But I guess that might be a plus in that part of the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why would you even predict a scandal? The simple fact of the matter is that if he doesn't get stopped here, nobody will care about it by the time the next election rolls around if they generally like the job he's doing. People constantly predict doom and gloom for the GOP in response to every new scandal in the headlines, but if you pay attention, voters largely don't care and will forget about it in a few months unless it personally affects them. Everything is justified or forgivable so long as they keep sticking it to real or imagined political opponents.
    If Gianforte were to lose, I think it would now, with the assault charge, be very easy for GoP Reps to explain away the loss- instead, they will all have to decide how to handle questions about their new colleague. You're right that it will probably blow over very quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I'm done. F*** it, I'm done. Stop the ride, I want off.
    This isn't bad news. Quist should not have come this close at all, and the fact that he did and that this isn't an isolated event means that Republicans should start questioning whether backing Trump is really a good idea.

Because if we stay on this train, then they're in for pain at the polls down the road.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL - Republicans would vote for anything thats reds.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is I dont wanna hear anyone that supported this dude try and be all law and ordery ever again, or complain when Spencer gets punched in the face. This is utterly idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys know he's already won, right? The vote count as it is visible isn't enough to overcome the early mail-in votes.

Sadly, this is not a "WTF Montana" issue. The mail-in votes likely outnumber the in person ones, and that was a lot of momentum to overcome. Instead, they get to be the laughing stock of national and international news, with their sole Rep damn near a pariah, and maybe he finds himself tied up in court and/or facing a recall election if enough people say "I want to change my mail-in vote!"

There's always 2018, Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Because if we stay on this train, then they're in for pain at the polls down the road.
    If Repub's can openly beat down reporters for simply asking a question, then I don't think the politicians are the ones in for pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quist should not have come this close at all.
    Uh, why, because he's a singer?

Sure, he doesn't have a lot of experience in politics, but that's clearly not important *COUGH*GOD EMPEROR TRUMP*COUGH*.

I'll vote for a singer who wants to make positive changes over a nutjob who thinks the planet is less than 10k years old and that retirement is bogus since Noah worked until he 600 YEARS OLD.

TLDR:

Singing > bat-shit-crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Uh, why, because he's a singer?
    Because he's a Democrat that thought it would be a good idea to have Sanders campaign with him in deep red Republican territory.

This is a state that went overwhelmingly for Trump, and Quist almost caught the Republican. That should not be happening unless somebody is really fucking up, and at this point it's either Gianforte, Trump, or both. Quist would, in any normal year, have been utterly decimated. And yet he wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see Corey Booker hit a FOX News reporter with the People's Elbow

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I guess the silver lining to this event is Republicans spent over $10 million (From a seemingly unlimited supply of money they love pouring into these off-year elections to defend R +20 seats. Just like how they will massively outspend Dems in the Georgia race) and they elected a guy who assaults someone because he can't answer a relevant question. Good look Republicans, stay classy.

I guess Tucker Carlson and Fox News can defend this violence and the new image of their party because a millennial feminist, who made a fool of Tucker on air tweeted something NOT VERY NICE ABOUT TRUMP. WAAAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's a Democrat that thought it would be a good idea to have Sanders campaign with him in deep red Republican territory.

This is a state that went overwhelmingly for Trump, and Quist almost caught the Republican. That should not be happening unless somebody is really fucking up, and at this point it's either Gianforte, Trump, or both. Quist would, in any normal year, have been utterly decimated. And yet he wasn't.
    But the Sanders revolution promised they could totally win over rural whites.

Honestly Sanders is basically a kiss of death, none of his back candidates have won any seats. Better luck in Denmark?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    But the Sanders revolution promised they could totally win over rural whites.

Honestly Sanders is basically a kiss of death, none of his back candidates have won any seats. Better luck in Denmark?
    Sanders WAS winning rural whites with Quist then the body slam incident happened and it seems it helped Gianforte.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rep...rge-2017-05-26

While Gianforte was favored from the outset, Republican groups showed far more urgency in investing in the race than did Democrats.
    The Quist and Gianforte campaigns raised similar amounts of money—helped by a $1.5 million loan from Gianforte to his campaign

—but there was far more GOP spending by third-party groups. Of the $6.75 million in outside spending on the race, $5 million was to either boost Gianforte or attack Quist, according to an analysis of Federal Elections Commission data

But but Gorge Soros right?!?

damn they paid a lot of money to hold on to this seat

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rep...rge-2017-05-26

While Gianforte was favored from the outset, Republican groups showed far more urgency in investing in the race than did Democrats.
    The Quist and Gianforte campaigns raised similar amounts of money—helped by a $1.5 million loan from Gianforte to his campaign

—but there was far more GOP spending by third-party groups. Of the $6.75 million in outside spending on the race, $5 million was to either boost Gianforte or attack Quist, according to an analysis of Federal Elections Commission data

But but Gorge Soros right?!?

damn they paid a lot of money to hold on to this seat
    I guess the best we can do is to highlight these large amounts of money that conservative groups are spending to keeping their seats. They are still winning, but possibly at some point there might start being a backlash to paid off and quite corrupt politicians who talk about helping the working class but instead screw over the working class so that they can pay off the people who got them elected in the first place.
    I guess losing by 7.5 percent (that is the margin I read) is a decent result all things considered. It was not 40 points, which often happens in these types of elections, and to get the margin up to 7.5 percent conservative groups DID have to flood the airwaves with all sorts of political ads. On the other hand, the 5 million they dropped on this race is peanuts to them, and they will be able to spend many times this amount on races that are in more expensive areas.

I guess montana republicans like what's been happening for the past five months. They apparently want more of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Sanders WAS winning rural whites with Quist then the body slam incident happened and it seems it helped Gianforte.
    The gap between them had shrunk significantly with sanders supportinf quist. Quist wasnt even supposed to be in the ball park. I mean i guess they want bread and circuses over policy? The motivations of the american voter are non sensical.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.