Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll not pay a sub for any game, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind a sub fee if blizz gave D3 a content patch every couple of months, would you guys do the same?
    Nope. Been there done that with the whole sub thing. Not worth it. Blizzard: buy the box, pay monthly to play the game, make exclusive content for the cash shop, maximum greed enabled for little effort but make everything appeal polished and flashy enough to reel in people for quick money only for them to realize the game isn't even that great but feel too invested in playing another game that isn't blizzard so keep feeding them money until they take your soul and don't have a thought of your own to stop playing. Blizzard in a nutshell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would I sub for something that I'm not playing even for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

No, I play it every few months now and it is free. I loved 2 and 3 is kinda fun but the hook just isn't there like before.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Well, if they added more each season and stuff like the necro pack were included over time, I'd pay. I probably play ~100 hours each season anyways, I've gotten my money's worth out of the game.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    In its past and current iteration based on their design philosophy, no.

The game would need a lot more for me to pay a fee. Structure, balance, a persistent world of sorts with monster respawns(even if it's just character bound), actual challenge instead of playing the GR power creep game of seeing how long you can go before you get 1 shot, legendaries that are legendary, uniques that are unique, viable build possibilities that aren't set bound (this includes LoN), some form of cross classing (even if limited to items only), consistent and meaningful updates.

It wouldn't even be Diablo 3 anymore.

No. I don't think a sub fee works well for an ARPG, and for Diablo specifically there has been no where enough content to ever justify it.

I wish I enjoyed Path of Exile because of all the love and care they get from their Devs.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it has the amount of content and depth/build diversity as PoE but with D3 graphics AND future actual content (new seasons isnt new content)

Then yes
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I take it you never played anything in the Diablo franchise before D3?

Because the entire premise is a never-ending grind, the only thing they fucked up in D3 was killing the trade economy portion of the game.
    I've played every Diablo game. The only difference is that I didn't spend much time on multiplayer in Diablo 1 and 2, so I skipped the loot grind.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Currently, not anymore. But if they introduced D3 as a sub based model, I would have; it likely would have lead to a better game.
    Agree with that, even if honestly i'm not really fond of sub fees. A good microtx system would have been better - anyway yes continuos support needs money, B2P may lead to a good game but that doesn't last very long.

I suppose their idea was to get resources through RMAH, but given how much of a crap idea it was, then all long term plans got wrecked.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I think the D3 boat has sailed and DLC (such as Necro) is likely what we'll see until a D3 inspired MMO/RTS or D4.

I also think the 'sub-model' has died, despite the fact I would much rather have _everything_ in a game included in sub fee and absolutely 0 microtransactions it's just not the way the market is going.

The sub model is pretty much dead the only games that can maintain it are ones that came out a long time ago

inb4 - FF:XIV ... Yes there are exceptions, but for the most part it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree with that, even if honestly i'm not really fond of sub fees. A good microtx system would have been better - anyway yes continuos support needs money, B2P may lead to a good game but that doesn't last very long.

I suppose their idea was to get resources through RMAH, but given how much of a crap idea it was, then all long term plans got wrecked.
    Yeah that was my sentiment as well. They really needed some level of microtransaction(probably too late now I suppose). I'm glad they're adding the Necromancer though. Gives them the resources to built other features as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    The sub model is pretty much dead the only games that can maintain it are ones that came out a long time ago

inb4 - FF:XIV ... Yes there are exceptions, but for the most part it doesn't work.
    It works for the right type of game. Some use sub models, others use DLC models, which is basically $5-10 a month anyway, just in DLC costs. It'd be like if each WoW patch was $5 or $10 instead.

Granted it usually fails, but I don't think that's intrinsically due to the model, more due to the game. Sub model for new games do not work unless the game is hyped, popular, well known, and provides continuous updates.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Yeah that was my sentiment as well. They really needed some level of microtransaction(probably too late now I suppose). I'm glad they're adding the Necromancer though. Gives them the resources to built other features as well
    Honestly, i think new class DLCs work really well for an ARPG. Content stays the same and free/B2P for everyone, while you can add variety to your playstyle by doing the grind with other characters/build, adding longevity in a "cheap" way.

Problem with D3 is that it's just too late and it has lost momentum. Core players would buy it anyway, i also can see many others doing it for the novelty and then get burned out very fast - the game systems is at best okay-ish and honestly the progression slows up so fast it feels just grinding for the sake of it, and not to make your character better.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind a sub fee if blizz gave D3 a content patch every couple of months, would you guys do the same?
    No. I don't play it enough.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Nope; were it to require a sub fee now, I could then enjoy uninstalling the Blizzard client from my PC, since D3 is the only game from them that I still have installed.

Well, i suppose a side note is due.

Currently, no one sane of mind would pay a sub for D3. The game is so set in stone it won't have anything major or relevant in the future, apart maybe other new class DLCs. Since many people are dubious about Necro, i'll just wait and see how it pans out - i can always buy it later when i feel i want to play it.

If the game was new? Well, probably yes since i could freeze the sub as soon as i saw the game wasn't entertaining anymore, but i also think that with a sub and a steady income the game would have been different. Very likely the original idea was to use the RMAH as source for the income needed for long term support, too bad it was the worst idea ever concieved.

Not for D3 as it exists today, but possibly for the new game I assume they're going to announce.

However, in all my years of gaming I've never maintained continuous subscriptions to more than one game at a time, thus in my case, Blizzard would be competing with themselves.

Deleted
    Nope, i do not want to even get free added content for games i have already played, i want the next tittle, not trying to stretch games forever, it is not good for those games, and lately i am each time more sure it is not good for me.