Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Frost without breath

is there a good build that doesn't take breath? I hate not being able to fill all GCDs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    is there a good build that doesn't take breath? I hate not being able to fill all GCDs
    The only other build you could possibly run would be Machinegun (MG) frost.
    Otherwise you're looking at playing Unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only other build is Machinegun, which isn't nearly as good. What do you mean by not being able to fill all of your GCDs? Breath is pretty constant button pressing. Especially DURING Breath, when you'll be spamming Obliterate and Rime procs mercilessly.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

If you're not playing bos in pve, then you may as well not bother playing a dps dk....

He can always play with the same talents as a BoS build, but without BoS. I don't see any problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    The only other build is Machinegun, which isn't nearly as good. What do you mean by not being able to fill all of your GCDs? Breath is pretty constant button pressing. Especially DURING Breath, when you'll be spamming Obliterate and Rime procs mercilessly.
    How is that possible, every time I've ever played frost i've always been starved for resources when using frost strike I run out of runs and RP and sit there for waiting for them to come back before I can do anything. and even then it's a trickle. I don't see how you can be flooded enough with runes to keep spamming buttons while the breath is going.

what is the machine gun build?

http://ptr.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#C5na
    this is the build I would like to run, too bad frostscythe can't proc rime
    Last edited by Wardonis; 2017-05-26 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    How is that possible, every time I've ever played frost i've always been starved for resources when using frost strike I run out of runs and RP and sit there for waiting for them to come back before I can do anything. and even then it's a trickle. I don't see how you can be flooded enough with runes to keep spamming buttons while the breath is going.

what is the machine gun build?
    You're either doing it wrong or you need more haste.

Edit: Are you using frost strike during breath...?
    Last edited by mmoc89e4f4f7a6; 2017-05-26 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    You're either doing it wrong or you need more haste.

Edit: Are you using frost strike during breath...?
    i'm still 102, I tried it briefly and didn't like it after hitting 100.

looks like in 7.2.5 frostscythe procs rime, i'll have to play with it there

10+ Year Old Account

looks like in 7.2.5 frostscythe procs rime, i'll have to play with it there
    For M+ the machinegun spec is very much viable, although, when playing BoS correctly, it does do alot more damage, even in AOE heavy encounters. Problem is, for single target (bosses) BoS does significantly more damage, and if you manage to keep BoS up during the entire bossfight (which for dungeons you should be) it's at least a 300k difference at 900 ilvl (in my peronal experience).

On a sidenote : please do NOT use frost strike while BoS is up oO

i'm still 102
    Level up bro
    c

You might actually want to look at a Build after you hit max level. Of course its not going to work before 110 because the Build is designed for max level only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this might be helpful for you if you're looking for BoS info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diFtZoFdDJw

Don't judge a spec/talent route when being low level though, but BoS works rather fine during leveling as well, did it on my second DK. Play it "normal" while killing normal mobs, then the BoS rotation when killing elites.

But yeah, level to 110, then try out BoS again, perhaps you'll like it. It is all about cooldown and resource managment, as most of your damage is during your BoS, and it's all about keeping it up and running for as long as you can.
    Machinegun frost is an option, I guess. But it is rather bad at the moment.

Then there is UH, which is the underdog of all underdogs in DPS at the moment, but some (me included) find it fun enough to endure the lack of DPS.

However, if you're not in a mythic progression guild, I'd say play what ever you feel is the most fun (Unless you find pulling huge DPS numbers fun, then you need to learn BoS).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    If you're not playing bos in pve, then you may as well not bother playing a dps dk....
    Which is a problem, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Which is a problem, don't you think?
    Tell me about how many choices other specs have?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Tell me about how many choices other specs have?
    Oh well, let me start.

DH Havoc:

LVL 99 : 2 Different options depending on how much AoE you need and what legendaries you have
    LVL 100: Sames as before
    LVL 102: All three options are valid depending on legendaries/encounters
    LVL 104: All 3 options are used, but it's only defensive..
    LVL 106: 2 Options once again, but one of those is a little tricky (momentum) but really good if you can master it.
    LVL 108: 2 options are valid, some for M+, some for ST
    LVL 110: 2 valid options ,arguably 3 depending on encounters.

DK Frost:

LVL 56: Only 1 option.
    LVL 57: Only 1 option which changes depending if you have T19 4p or not
    LVL 58: Only 1 option
    LVL 60: Defensive, dosn't matter
    LVL 75: Defensive, dosn't matter
    LVL 90: Only 1 option
    LVL 100: Only 1 option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    He's talking about the EXTREMELY BORING moment before the breath where you just bank runic power I suppose.

That simple dead moment in frost made me quit the spec altogether, it only looks like a giant design flaw and nothing else really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    He's talking about the EXTREMELY BORING moment before the breath where you just bank runic power I suppose.

That simple dead moment in frost made me quit the spec altogether, it only looks like a giant design flaw and nothing else really.
    10 seconds before each breath.. that can't be it.

Quote Originally Posted by zevah View Post
    10 seconds before each breath.. that can't be it.
    It's almost as bad as the 15 seconds of absolutely nothing decent to do between FoF and WDP every 20 seconds on monk.

Quote Originally Posted by zevah View Post
    Oh well, let me start.

DH Havoc:

LVL 99 : 2 Different options depending on how much AoE you need and what legendaries you have
    LVL 100: Sames as before
    LVL 102: All three options are valid depending on legendaries/encounters
    LVL 104: All 3 options are used, but it's only defensive..
    LVL 106: 2 Options once again, but one of those is a little tricky (momentum) but really good if you can master it.
    LVL 108: 2 options are valid, some for M+, some for ST
    LVL 110: 2 valid options ,arguably 3 depending on encounters.

DK Frost:

LVL 56: Only 1 option.
    LVL 57: Only 1 option which changes depending if you have T19 4p or not
    LVL 58: Only 1 option
    LVL 60: Defensive, dosn't matter
    LVL 75: Defensive, dosn't matter
    LVL 90: Only 1 option
    LVL 100: Only 1 option.
    To be fair the standard BoS build is good at everything from ST to AOE and doesn't need to change talents fight to fight. Other specs still need to change multiple talents from ST to multitarget fights. It might be boring to be stuck with the standard BoS build at all times, and I get that many don't like it, but it does have advantages that other specs don't.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.