Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Why can't ISIS be defeated?

Is it really that difficult for the most powerful military forces in the world to handle this?

Or is it incompetence?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Deleted
    There is not really a great will to do it as everyone is like 'lets attack isis' but use it to fight thier proxy wars.

Saudi + gulf vs Iran
    USA + west vs Russia
    Turkey vs Kurds

Deleted
    Because it's not a tangible enemy. They hide among the population. You can find and wreck all their stuff, but they'll still find a way to make bombs in a pressure cooker or whatever. It's not an army vs army thing. If they decide to hide, who are you gonna fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Is it really that difficult for the most powerful military forces in the world to handle this?

Or is it incompetence?
    ISIS is based on an idea. How do you fight an idea?

ISIS wants to bring about the End Times, I imagine such an idea doesn't make a lot of sense to atheist Europe these days but it would've made sense to Europeans a hundred years ago when Europeans were religious.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Defeating them without committing a genocide is quite hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Idk, ask the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically like trying to exterminate all the rats in a sewer. There are lots of places to hide.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    It's difficult to defeat an idea rooted in religion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

ISIS wants to bring about the End Times, I imagine such an idea doesn't make a lot of sense to atheist Europe these days but it would've made sense to Europeans a hundred years ago when Europeans were religious.
    Communism was based on an idea and when it was physically defeated lost all credibility as a model for the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Idea which is used to making money. Seriously people thinks that main command structure in ISIS cares for all those fanatics who follows them? It's simple as day, that they use ideology for making money by getting crude oil.

War is an good buisness, if you know how do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Communism was based on an idea and when it was physically defeated lost all credibility as a model for the world.
    Communism had armies and governments, ISIS is guerrilla.

Or is it incompetence?
    It is but also, why would they?
    Having an enemy that you can get people worked up about is good for any leader. ISIS is great for that as they have no means to actually fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Idea which is used to making money. Seriously people thinks that main command structure in ISIS cares for all those fanatics who follows them? It's simple as day, that they use ideology for making money by getting crude oil.

And here is how you end it. Destroy all oil wells.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

I think they don't care about money at all, other that you need some money to further your religious causes, buying guns and bullets.

Religious wackos appear crazy to the non-religious.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Or is it incompetence?
    Nobody really cares. Some countries like Russia or the Iran have vested interest(for their own motives of course) in showing a little bit of support but on whole the western powers don't really care. And why should they? A little FUD for their people, good weapon contracts with their allies etc.

Because those "most powerful military forces" are not going to endanger their precious white lives, and the local forces are hesitant to kill their fellow Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Communism had armies and governments, ISIS is guerrilla.
    Its not even that, communism was never defeated in a war. It was defeated by itself. Ideas are defeated when people no longer supports them. Isis is not even new to thier idea. Its just a group that took once again the mantle of trying to exterminate the Sunni.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-05-26 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the US will just spawn and arm more troops under the disguise of being "freedom fighters".

Because u can't kill a idea.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    you mean defeated like china? but i disgress, there was never a communist empire, neither the Sowjet Union nor china or northkorea where real communist states. and who really cares?