Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    How to get people to resub: Make an announcement saying that random items from this expansion are going to become unobtainable. Now everyone who doesn't want to risk losing out on it has to buy Legion and resub.

They've done stuff like this since forever, but it wasn't until MoP when they were bleeding subs that they decided to make it a standard for every expansion.

In short: They will do it and continue to do it in every future expansion because they know that whether or not people like the idea of it, it will still make Blizzard money.
    I honestly don't think that works. Challenge Mode didn't make people resub in droves yet I wonder how many would still be playing now if they could still do Challenge Mode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    there is so many total content and rewards now that making unavailable reward is literally irrelevant
    You know what the next expansions content is? Even in Legion people are doing previous expansion content

Completely agree.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
    What I'm wondering about most with the removal of the artifacts, what will happen to the leveling experience itself for new people. How will one get a weapon during the legion leveling? because now we're doing the whole zone with our artifact, but if it gets removed what will the option be? Needing a heirloom to be able to lvl? or walking around with a WoD weapon until 110?
    They can easily add a few weapons to existing quest rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It is bitching. I mean I may or may not want them to keep the appearances. Tell you the truth I am not to worried about it either way. Sure I got an opinion but that is all it really is. Whichever way they go I won't be worrying about it to much. Just a video game I play. No reason to lose sleep over it. If I did then it would boil down to just bitching.
    We have different definitions of bitching...

Pointing out a potential mistake is different to saying OMG BLIZZARD YOU REMOVED MY STUFF YOU SUCK

7+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that it was common knowledge the artifact appearances would not be available post-legion.

Why makes you think otherwise?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I agree, it would increase the replayability value of old content a ton. That didn't stop them from removing the legendary cloak quest from MoP though, and the legendary ring quest from WoD.

Which I feel is a shame because they were an important part of the story. Why would you remove story from an xpac? Mindboggling.

I for one would love to replay the Wration/Anduin bromance every once in a while..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I honestly don't think that works. Challenge Mode didn't make people resub in droves yet I wonder how many would still be playing now if they could still do Challenge Mode
    Plenty of people resubbed for the CM sets and Legendary cloak in MoP, as well as the ugly wolf from SoO AoTC. I had the "pleasure" of helping a number of returning players get their CM set who said that they resubbed because they didn't want to miss out on this stuff.

I'm not saying that it greatly increases their subs. I'm just saying that I know there are those will come back just to obtain items before they're removed. Hell, I did this for the WoD Moose and Yeti.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I was under the impression that it was common knowledge the artifact appearances would not be available post-legion.

Why makes you think otherwise?
    They're still debating on a timeframe when to remove... 8.0 8.1 8.2 etc

We have different definitions of bitching...

Pointing out a potential mistake is different to saying OMG BLIZZARD YOU REMOVED MY STUFF YOU SUCK
    Step one in any good bitching is laying the foundation. It starts with saying something. Then when it happens you point to how "for over a year we have been saying" and then it changes into "if only they had listened" and then ends up at "this is why game is dying".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they leave them people bitch. If they take them people bitch. Pretty much they should just do what they want and just expect.. you guessed it.. bitch.
    Exactly Blizzard will be in a catch 22 situation, not matter what they do someone will find issue with it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Plenty of people resubbed for the CM sets and Legendary cloak in MoP, as well as the ugly wolf from SoO AoTC. I had the "pleasure" of helping a number of returning players get their CM set who said that they resubbed because they didn't want to miss out on this stuff.

I'm not saying that it greatly increases their subs. I'm just saying that I know there are those will come back just to obtain items before they're removed. Hell, I did this for the WoD Moose and Yeti.
    I understand but I question how many would've stayed subbed in the long run if they wasn't removed. Challenge Mode was perfect content to keep because you couldn't outgear it, it would remain challenging indefinitely

- - - Updated - - -

Step one in any good bitching is laying the foundation. It starts with saying something. Then when it happens you point to how "for over a year we have been saying" and then it changes into "if only they had listened" and then ends up at "this is why game is dying".
    Again different definitions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Exactly Blizzard will be in a catch 22 situation, not matter what they do someone will find issue with it..
    It's not really catch 22... That's business. Usually though businesss side with the majority

If they make Artifact Weapon Appearances unavailable to unlock after Legion

I already know some people are going to argue the prestigious argument and what not but I think you need to consider the benefits in the long run. Soloing raids/dungeons from previous expansions is hugely popular and is an incentive for people to keep playing be it trying to get that mount or mog item! If Blizzard remove Artifact Appearances that severely reduces the incentive for people to spend time soloing Mythics and Raids in Legion in the future considerably. I honestly think removing them will be a wasted opportunity and also demonstrate that the amount of work going into them was wasted if only a handful have them
    i completly agree - artifacts are such a huge graphic assets that removing them will be criminal - look at all the feral/bear skins - removing those will be pure cunt move.

but my gut feeling tells me that they will find easy solution - they will remove them from game and put in in game shop for 5 $ per appearance (or 20 $ for base and 5 $ for each of consecutive 3 ) just to milk players dont tell me you wouldnt pay that for some of them. its logical solution that comes to my mind - its what i would do with them instead just removing them completly - if it was my buisness i would milk the f... of playerbase with that
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-26 at 11:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they make Artifact Weapon Appearances unavailable to unlock after Legion

I already know some people are going to argue the prestigious argument and what not but I think you need to consider the benefits in the long run. Soloing raids/dungeons from previous expansions is hugely popular and is an incentive for people to keep playing be it trying to get that mount or mog item! If Blizzard remove Artifact Appearances that severely reduces the incentive for people to spend time soloing Mythics and Raids in Legion in the future considerably. I honestly think removing them will be a wasted opportunity and also demonstrate that the amount of work going into them was wasted if only a handful have them
    I am pretty sure, that Blizzard have commented that they will make it so that Artifact weapens appereances will be optainable after Legion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i completly agree - artifacts are such a huge graphic assets that removing them will be criminal - look at all the feral/bear skins - removing those will be pure cunt move.
    They are not getting removed. I'll forever be able to look like any of the bear skins I unlocked.

Personally I think its perfectly fine if they are unavailable for transmog if you didn't obtain them during Legion. Rewards for participating when the content was current have always existed in some shape or form, and this won't be any different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I am pretty sure, that Blizzard have commented that they will make it so that Artifact weapens appereances will be optainable after Legion.
    I believe it's still more "we're still discussing it"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They are not getting removed. I'll forever be able to look like any of the bear skins I unlocked.

Personally I think its perfectly fine if they are unavailable for transmog if you didn't obtain them during Legion. Rewards for participating when the content was current have always existed in some shape or form, and this won't be any different.
    Now c'mon you know what he means

Then there's the age old art of bitching about other people "bitching". I mean...really....FFS.

What it boils down to is that there are legitimate complaints based on actual problems(potential or otherwise). And then there are just people QQing just to be heard. In this case I think this subject falls into a legitimate complaints. Turning off Artifact skins, and the enjoyment of hunting/farming for them, is a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they remove raid and challenge related ones. Keep questing/order hall skins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    I hope they remove raid and challenge related ones. Keep questing/order hall skins.
    If they remove raids and challenge then people won't have incentive to return and you'll be left with an Expansion with less stuff to do

Deleted
    I would argue the people bitching if they kept them in is considerably smaller
    on both sides the bitching will be minimal. thats the problem with millenial players - they ALLWAYS bitch about something.
    so no blizzard is NOT making a mistake becuase people will ALLWAYS bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    on both sides the bitching will be minimal. thats the problem with millenial players - they ALLWAYS bitch about something.
    so no blizzard is NOT making a mistake becuase people will ALLWAYS bitch.
    I have already addressed this