Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Why do you want to be farming WQs the entire expansion? They're not fun they're a chore

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    There are plenty of other things you could do in the game to entertain yourself. There's M+, doing PvP, doing pet battles, running old content for transmog and achievements, leveling alts, farming materials for professions...

Besides, world quests can still be worth doing even if the rewards are not as useful anymore. I have Concordance on my main and that doesn't stop me. I still do world quests that offer relics and pieces of gear with good stats because there's always that rare chance of a titanforge. And it's happened before. I got a 900 Holy relic from a PvP world quest once, my Demon Hunter alt got a 915 ring with a socket... I still do quests that give a considerable amount of AP and gold. I don't clear the entire map but I certainly have a bunch to do if I want to.

If none of those things are interesting to you then maybe it's time to play a bit less, or play another game. As long as you play enough to earn the gold for a token every month, there's nothing wrong with taking a step back and having other hobbies!
    The thing is... I want to play WoW. I use to play wow ad infinitum. Almost every waking hour I would spend on it. Too much though. But due to how it is now, I just can't. The only thing that I can do is try alts. That is something I don't usually like doing. My main is where I like to spend 99% of my time.

Still there is more stuff to do for me now then in WoD and possibly more then in MoP. Due to mythic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    The thing is... I want to play WoW. I use to play wow ad infinitum. Almost every waking hour I would spend on it.
    And what did you do back then when raids had a lockout, dungeons (heroic) had a lockout and in TBC there was no "random dungeon finder" circumventing it, dailies were limited to "grind for gold" or "grind until exalted / some reward I want"?

There wasn't any nebulous "content" that existed "back then" and doesn't exist now. And current "content" is designed in a way to stretch its replayability to the length unknown in any other expansion, WQ paragons, m+ dungeon scaling, tf gear, AP, all these things exist so people run the same content more, not less than before.

I can't imagine how can someone say there was "more to do" in other expansions. They can argue it was more fun / less fun, but that's each person's subjective opinion.

The only WQs I do anymore:
    - High-yielding (>3) Blood of Sargeras
    - Recipes I don't yet have
    - Low-effort WQs for Emissaries (typically saving up to 3 days worth of Emissaries because you might double/triple dip with Kirin Tor/Wardens). I'll also prioritize Warden Towers, Operation Murloc, and Bareback Brawl PvP quests over others if they're part of the Emissary (easier than doing PvP for Prestiging up)
    - All non-Pet Battle WQs in Broken Shore (25% of a turnin is more than worth it even if it's annoying)

If it's none of the above, I just don't bother.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And what did you do back then when raids had a lockout, dungeons (heroic) had a lockout and in TBC there was no "random dungeon finder" circumventing it, dailies were limited to "grind for gold" or "grind until exalted / some reward I want"?

There wasn't any nebulous "content" that existed "back then" and doesn't exist now. And current "content" is designed in a way to stretch its replayability to the length unknown in any other expansion, WQ paragons, m+ dungeon scaling, tf gear, AP, all these things exist so people run the same content more, not less than before.

I can't imagine how can someone say there was "more to do" in other expansions. They can argue it was more fun / less fun, but that's each person's subjective opinion.
    Well the thing is... pet battles... is not content for me.
    PvP while I sometimes do PvP, is just more like meh... I can do this for an hour. (and after 15 min already bored)

This expansion has more dungeons then recent expansions. This is where it is at for me.
    Dungeons in for example, vanilla and tbc and even WOTLK.... even tho those dungeons were stupidly easy - yeah I kept busy inthere even just for the enchantmentmaterials. And there were a lot of them... so I could not get bored quickly.

The other aspect I guess... is something that is rather rare to be encountered...
    In older expansions where dungeons were cool... (for me) I made a lot of friends. When does that happen now? That aspect of fun for me (and also reason as a GM back then) was to recruit and make friends. Now this has been replaced by Mythic+-system. Now I don't make friends really.... but the kick of the dungeon replaces it. There are a lot of points as to why making friends is harder now (for me) due to how the game is.

Brawlers guild is something that I don't need either.

You can basically see my activity as such: does it provide any (even small) upgrade for my character? No? Then I won't do it. It is not a timespender.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well the thing is... pet battles... is not content for me.
    PvP while I sometimes do PvP, is just more like meh... I can do this for an hour. (and after 15 min already bored)

This expansion has more dungeons then recent expansions. This is where it is at for me.
    Dungeons in for example, vanilla and tbc and even WOTLK.... even tho those dungeons were stupidly easy - yeah I kept busy inthere even just for the enchantmentmaterials. And there were a lot of them... so I could not get bored quickly.

The other aspect I guess... is something that is rather rare to be encountered...
    In older expansions where dungeons were cool... (for me) I made a lot of friends. When does that happen now? That aspect of fun for me (and also reason as a GM back then) was to recruit and make friends. Now this has been replaced by Mythic+-system. Now I don't make friends really.... but the kick of the dungeon replaces it. There are a lot of points as to why making friends is harder now (for me) due to how the game is.

Brawlers guild is something that I don't need either.

You can basically see my activity as such: does it provide any (even small) upgrade for my character? No? Then I won't do it. It is not a timespender.
    So generally TLDR it's not the game has less content it's just that the community isn't how is used to be in the "golden oldies"?

Oh, and enchanting materials are more plentiful due to nethershard tokens so people don't have to run dungeons / raids as the only source. (And if they do they get complaints "why didn't you trade me this item it was an upgrade". We had tons of threads about it back when enchanting crystals were worth 5x what they're worth now.)

But yeah if we list the amount of content "now vs then" it's gonna be kinda like that:
    - raids: always been, now just have more difficulties with separate lockouts
    - dungeons: always been, now have extra difficulty modes due to m+
    - professions: always been, sometimes better sometimes worse, I personally don't like the Legion iteration of them, but gives people "stuff to farm", I find most except enchanting / alchemy very lackluster (personal opinion)
    - pvp: always been, now have extra "progress" due to prestige levels
    - dailies: existed since TBC, at start as a source of gold, patterns, few pieces of gear, specific head or shoulder enchants, you basically run them until you unlocked what you needed, or for gold
    - pet battles: exist since MOP, more as a side game than main focus
    - periodical events like holidays: always been, but got several revamps, new additions to the calendar, new rewards to old ones, and generally were a side content too
    - RP: more of a "player created content" not something Blizzard bothers with except branding some servers as "RP realms"
    - levelling: only big portion of the game in vanilla maybe, in expansions it was always "the game begins at level cap", levelling mostly exists to preserve the RPG in MMORPG

So generally I hardly see the reasoning behind "back in the days there was so much to do, now there isn't". The whole idea of AP and titanforge and legendaries got implemented so people chase the illusion of "player power" and "upgrade" while in the past expansions they would just obsolete that piece of content faster. I can understand the complaints about "how community has changed", it's the price of convenience we pay for group finder at the click of a button.

Even when badge gear existed you only ran so many dungeons until you exhausted the amount of badge gear upgrades you could buy for your main. Now with m+ there is always that 0,01% chance that you will get upgrades, no matter how decked you are.

Personally I'm a bit tired with the stretching of content Blizzard is doing and the philosophy "theoretically everything has that 0,01% chance of being an upgrade", but it exists exactly to satisfy people who constantly were "running out of content", it didn't exist in the past, content always had expiration date or a cap / lockout, so I find it hard to believe people who are still "out of content" now weren't "out of content" back then 3 times faster.

Okay, I'm not getting why it becomes worthless? 1) AP tokens, regardless if you've hit the 52 mark or not and its such a minor increase, its still a increase so it's a plus. 2) Resources, okay yeah most don't need it but not like there's a reason not to have them. I mean regardless if you have over 100k resources or not there's no such thing as having "too much". 3) Gear-- vendor it for gold. 4)Gold- see #2, I mean unless you've maxed out your gold count why is not getting more gold "worth it"? Not everybody has got all the paragon mounts and toys so until you've got them all might as well keep trying. 5)Pet Tokens-- you might not do pet battles, I know I sure don't but there are those that actually enjoy doing them.
    I mean literally every "reason" for not doing them there's a reason to do them. Lets say you've maxed gold out on your main. Send gold to your alts till you max all them out too. Its not like going into the next patch or next expansion with loads of gold is a bad thing!

Deleted
    So we had 6 months really good expansion. We had reason to log in. Now we will have Warlords of Draenor v2 the shittest expansion that man could create. I will log only for raids. Just the Blizz things...

Great! Finally! I don't want to see another WQ ever again at this point.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    B-bu-but we can still farm rep for a chance of them reputation mounts...!

Seriously, fuck Blizzard to hell and this expansion. Not bothered to play this tripe expansion for the past month, taking a shit on a wall would be more productive than spending another second playing it.

Honestly curious how many fans of WoW, such as myself, they have pissed off with their disgusting approach to keep people playing as much and as long as possible with miniscule gains. I've done, for example, almost 80 paragon caches and have yet to get a single mount. I am fucking done with the game.
    And i thought i was an extreme case with my 47 paragon caches on one toon and no mount/toy/pet. Blizz suxx with its fuckin' rng and i'm considering quitting the game after my 3 account 6 month subscriptions end (already cancelled the automatic renewal).

Agree with OP, but for mount collectors WQ are a terrible chore that still continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Suar View Post
    So we had 6 months really good expansion. We had reason to log in. Now we will have Warlords of Draenor v2 the shittest expansion that man could create. I will log only for raids. Just the Blizz things...
    M+ is still there. And I bet it will get ilvl bump on loot when TOS opens. PVP is still there. Broken shore with dailies, Nether disruption world bosses, various building perks, etc. is still there. Invasions are still there, even if sometimes at dumb hours. Nethershard vendor and gambling for titanforged relic / trinket still exists (even though I personally hate gambling but that's how Legion rolls). Weekly events are still there.

There is stuff to do to the point I can't really raidlog my main and just play alts or do achievements, which is all I want from this game past the first patch of each expansion, still didn't have time to do some of the more off the beaten path stuff like "glory of the legion hero" or "this side up", because there's never time left for it so I end up postponing it endlessly, same for few of my alts left sitting there gathering dust.

If people are gonna whine no matter what that there is "no content", then please bring back WOD, at least back then I had time to do my stuff and it seems people are always crying about "no content" even in expansion like Legion when content is stretched to the max.

You must follow the golden rule:

Do what is fun for you: do not do what is not fun

I laugh at people who ignore pet tokens. I use mine to buy pets that sell for gold...AH gold baby. 4-5k for a pet isn't bad for running some missions now and then.