Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Why doesn't LFR force roles?

As title says. Been farming LFR lately for augment runes, about 50% of the runs I get into has people playing as a spec they didn't queue for to skip on queue timers. Occasionally it's even so bad that we only have 2 healers, or the group that I just ran with that had *4* tanks.

Would it be so hard to force people to play as the spec they actually signed up with? Just set their spec to whatever they queued as upon entry and prevent them from changing.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

3rd world problems? If the run is wiping people will inevitably call them out and use the vote kick system. If you cant even get people to use the vote kick system then I have a paddle I can let you burrow for that river

typo
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-05-25 at 11:47 PM.

Better question is, why doesn't LFR auto kick AFK flags like BG's do.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    3rd world problems? If the run is wiping people with inevitably call them out and use the vote kick system. If you cant even get people to use the vote kick system then I have a paddle I can let you burrow for that river
    Almost nobody reports in LF"R" unless you're calling said people out.

Yeah, I've signed up more than a couple times thinking I was queued as Tank, forgot that I'd ticked DPS for something another time and just rolled with the assumption that I was a tank. It happens, it's hard to call people out on it, because you can't see who all actually got picked for which role.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Almost nobody reports in LF"R" unless you're calling said people out.
    depends on the lfr in question. People certainly know how to kick in WoW in my experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Come to think of it, pretty sure arenas and random battlegrounds already force you to play what you signed up with.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

15+ Year Old Account
    Some times a 910healer does LFR, sees there are 2 other 900+ healers, then goes dps, which is fine most of the time
    Other times its a 860 dps with 150k dps who figured out it gave him shorter queue as healer while he is "dpsing", not okay, instant votekick.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You need more than two healers in LFR? huh, who knew! Usually we blow through it with 2 healers and, depending on the fight, 1 tank. Granted I usually only do LFR on tues when all the big deeps are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DevoutChaos View Post
    It happens, it's hard to call people out on it, because you can't see who all actually got picked for which role.
    Yes, you can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    3rd world problems? If the run is wiping people will inevitably call them out and use the vote kick system. If you cant even get people to use the vote kick system then I have a paddle I can let you burrow for that river

typo
    Personally, I don't feel like checking every raid member by member, and by the time you wipe the damage is done. I believe the burden of checking should be with blizzard, not the player.

Vote kicking obviously works, but if he brought a group of friends it's going to be your ass out on the street aswell. I noticed a group mentality that whenever you speak up, you're already at risk of being kicked yourself.

I feel like having forced roles would improve the playing experience.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Personally, I don't feel like checking every raid member by member, and by the time you wipe the damage is done. I believe the burden of checking should be with blizzard, not the player.

Vote kicking obviously works, but if he brought a group of friends it's going to be your ass out on the street aswell. I noticed a group mentality that whenever you speak up, you're already at risk of being kicked yourself.

I feel like having forced roles would improve the playing experience.
    Never speak in raid chat in lfr, it just makes you a target because people can see your name. Doesn't matter if you were right or wrong.

Personally I probably agree you shouldnt be allowed to change specs. But I dont think its that big of an issue either. Lfr is either pretty quick or really really bad. Don't think forced specs would improve the latter that much.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As title says. Been farming LFR lately for augment runes, about 50% of the runs I get into has people playing as a spec they didn't queue for to skip on queue timers. Occasionally it's even so bad that we only have 2 healers, or the group that I just ran with that had *4* tanks.

Would it be so hard to force people to play as the spec they actually signed up with? Just set their spec to whatever they queued as upon entry and prevent them from changing.
    I sometimes queue as heals when I dps Xavius, only because lfr is so faceroll that I can do that. if every heals did it, then it would be a problem but honestly you can 3 heal all of EN. NH/ToV are a different story but yeah if the group wipes and people are called out, they switch and its all good

OP's post as usual lacks any foresight or common sense.

Do lfr, tank drops out after one boss. Helpful dps wants to switch to tank but can't because the OP's idiotic fucking idea got implemented.

Yea, no.

Deleted
    As a healer who plays DPS in LFR:

Would you rather want me to DPS or be AFK? Because having 5 healers is like having 3 players afk in a raid.

Deleted
    Why would it force roles when it doesn't even force encounter mechanics?

I fucking love seeing people being called out to get kicked, then they panic and they're like "please no I'll change spec"

BUT IT'S TOO LATE MATE, you were branded a fucking moron now eat shit and learn.

But I agree there is always way too many healers, some of them can go dps and let like 2 or 3 (depending on gear) do the actual healing.

The worse are the fucking twits, always ret paladins, ALWAYS, queuing as tanks. GTFO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Do lfr, tank drops out after one boss. Helpful dps wants to switch to tank but can't because the OP's idiotic fucking idea got implemented.

Yea, no.
    Exactly this, it happened to me many times sofar.

15+ Year Old Account

Yea, no.
    Do I know you?

OT: I find that to be a rare scenario. Imo, I'd rather wait 2 min for the queue to top off the raid again than have a bunch of people leeching.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Deleted

Yea, no.
    it can't be THAT hard for blizz to have the game either remember what boxes you ticked, or to put in a "tank/healer left, would you like to change roles" box.

But honestly the main thing is they should just automatically put you in the spec you queued as/were assigned during the loading screen, that way you know for sure anyone who isn't their assigned role is doing it on purpose instead of just not noticing/caring/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I know you?

OT: I find that to be a rare scenario. Imo, I'd rather wait 2 min for the queue to top off the raid again than have a bunch of people leeching.
    sometimes it can take a while to find a tank, and there have been bosses where you do need 2.