Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    In my opinion they absolutely do. I could buy a store mount and stare at its prettiness but then I'd get bored of it in no time. Why do I get bored of it? Because everyone else can get it just as easily as me.

I want to ride rare mounts since I need something to show off my achievements. Transmog took away gear, nothing remains except mounts.
    This mindset boggles me...

I use mounts I like the look of, why would I ride something hideous just because it's rare? Nobody even cares what others ride beyond "oh that looks cool"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We will never get an agreement on this, because people will say it is a matter of ethics and design - since we pay a sub fee, nothing should be on the shop and shops are for f2p games. But to me pure f2p games are such a clusterfuck of hidden (and not so hidden) payments (because obviously nothing is truly FREE, everybody likes to get paid)

Hmm..I missed that - for HotS I loved the concept and the cinematics...but ...nah..rather skip a mount than playing a game that doesn't suit my taste. Never got my deck past lv 6 in HS either.
    I gave up on HS, if I didn't see the thread I wouldn't have done HotS either

Deleted
    i'm personally not a fan of store mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

I would assume most raid guilds/leaders would think that if someone bought an item from the store that has purely cosmetic value they would think "This person has no fucking common sense in how to spend their money, why should I have them in my guild/raid?"
    bwahahahhahahahah......Its high probability any guild who thought that when the celestial steed came out is dead now. What a moronic thought...there are many players ....good players ..fantastic players...that are completeness. A guild that kicked one of those players back then i am they pretty sure they no longer exist.

And today? You just buy every thing in that shop with wow gold (token).

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The most hilarious thing about the Spectral Steed is that it had an actual inventory % when shown for availability during the purchase process.
    Yeah, and didn't they "sell out" of that or a pet at one time? It was a hilarious mental picture imagining some harried intern hunched over his desk, hurriedly copy+pasting more into the sales queue.

OT, I don't consider them a big deal. I've never bought one because I don't want to, but I have no issue with those who do. The only one I would have considered purchasing at the time was the Celestial Steed, since it was BoA at a time when nothing else was. The helms were (subjectively) ugly and overpriced to boot. I'm shocked the price has never come down on those... I guess they recouped their cost and decided it wasn't worth pursuing further.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I thought the fire cat mount was cool enough to go and play that other blizzard game. I may have mounted it once... after "earning" the Prestigious War Wolf, it's almost all i ride on most toons when I'm ground pounding it. I have it in my random with the 4 falcasaur mounts and other favorites, as well as its own hot key for when I specifically want to ride it.

Everyone has different tastes, I for instances hate the way Suramar and Suramar City looks, so I avoid it. If you don't like a mount, don't use it - or don't buy it. It's simple. I don't care too much about someone spending the money on the store stuff - as it is not P2W yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I main a Druid, Insta-birdie/moose beats all mounts so collecting them has left them all dormant for quite some time. Nevertheless, I've donated for the pets that have proceeds toward a good cause. I see no stigma that comes with purchasing those things, though I could see how some might I guess.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stigma? No, I don't think so. Almost everything in wow is for sale these days. People are used to it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is plain untrue. We had threads here, asking to boycott people with cosmetic helms, to literally kick them from Pugs etc - going all the way back to "that retarded horse"

Unless we want to argue semantics whether that is a stigma or not
    I would absolutely say that is a stigma. It's wide disapproval. People are missing the point here. I'm going to assume a lot of the people in this thread that aren't seeing it weren't raiders or weren't playing the game yet when that retarded horse came out. There was such a backlash against that thing it was unbelievable. That video isn't satire. It's literally what most people in the raiding community thought of this thing.

Hell I remember a thread saying "If you have TRH you shouldn't be allowed to queue for LFD..."
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-05-26 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    beening all in your face that you hav something that some doesn't have vs. a hate because of jealosy they cannot affored it. Those two togther seem to total way more people then who just don't give a rats ass what you do.

only hate i hav is when blizzard removes something or reward people for nothing and then the players use that reward as a measuring stick.. that really get's on my nerves.

I think the only Stigma I ever saw with "store Items" were the cosmetic Helms. I remember being in LFD and LFR groups that would boot players with them, or healers just ignoring them completely. I thought it was asinine. Yes I thought they were stupid but, if someone had more money than common sense and wanted those... by all means, it's their money.

Deleted
    I don't like the store mounts and in my opinion they don't belong in a subscription based mmorpg. But if someone wants to buy them go ahead, your money wont tell you how to spend them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I think the only Stigma I ever saw with "store Items" were the cosmetic Helms. I remember being in LFD and LFR groups that would boot players with them, or healers just ignoring them completely. I thought it was asinine.
    I've read a lot of people saying things like that on the forums...but I've never actually seen it happening ingame. The worst that I've experienced was people calling others dumb for buying them - but that's about it.

That said: I don't think people care about it anymore nowadays. Not really.
    Especially since due to the tokens, you can buy almost everything ingame with real money now without resorting to any ToS violation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    /facepalm

I already addressed this but somehow you just ignored most of what I said. It's really not hard. Without the shop, the game would get less revenue. Less revenue means a smaller development budget, which means less content.

It doesn't matter whether the mount is "simple reskin" or whether the initial concept was a faction reward. There is simply no way that we would have got those mounts in game without having to sacrifice something else.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. It's a lazy, poorly considered stance to take, especially after someone has gone to the effort to show you why the stance is full of fail.
    The amount of revenue doesn't effect the amount of content directly or cata and WoD would of both had more content then legion.

You are inventing rationals for your argument now...

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My guild loved my Iron Hitching Post and GM had a bunch of things bought too.
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    The amount of revenue doesn't effect the amount of content directly or cata and WoD would of both had more content then legion.

He's not exactly wrong, but he's basing it off the wrong things. But as it stands wow has made exceedingly large amounts of money without the in game store, and they want to show investors that the profitability of the game isn't going down (despite the amount of players are), so how they do that is adding these things to the game for the more dedicated crowd to spend their money on. It doesn't take a genious to see that some rewards are taken from what would have been in game rewards and put in the store, with a last minute replacement filling that mounts spot in the actual game world (grinning reaver for example).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see your point. I also see where the logic fails, because you're effectively arguing apples and oranges.
    You're arguing that because Cata was developed at a time when WoW had more revenue than during the development of WotLK, and because in your opinion Cata had less content than WotLK, more budget = less content....

Have you any idea of how silly that conclusion is. You're confusing correlation with causation.

What I am saying is that for any given development, more revenue will mean more budget will mean more content for that specific project not that it will have more content than some other project.

If we applied logic to your assertion "The amount of revenue doesn't effect the amount of content directly", then you're effectively trying to argue if they had given Cata less budget, they would have produced more content. Or put another way, Cata had less content because they spent more money developing it.

The revenue the game gets is going to affect the development budget (if you refute this, then please explain).
    The amount of content they can produce is affected by the size of the budget (if you refute this, then please explain).

Yes, this is true, but so are you. We are both looking at a scenario and postulating how it would react to certain stimulus.

The difference is I am postulating based on the substantiated application of logic and reason. Heaven alone knows what the basis of your postulation is. My guess is that you're simply trying to find a way to justify your moral outrage at feeling like you're being milked by Blizzard. The sad part of it is though that if you actually got your way, it would end up screwing you over.

If Blizzard removed the shop, you'd either have to settle for less content, or higher subscriptions. This fantasy you seem to cling to that by depriving Blizzard of the shop revenue, you'd somehow land up with more stuff in the game is both short sighted and naive.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2017-05-26 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    And I remember it being widespread opinion in raid guilds on my server that if you bought this thing you were a moron that had no impulse control.
    This is still true. I personally have no idea what's store bought now and what isn't though.

I don't think anyone cares. When that golden dragon serpent thing came out, some people made fun of the buyers, but not these days. Hell, I don't even notice the transmog helms - or most transmogs in general - because I play so zoomed out.

I have no problem admitting I bought the Sparkle Pony. TBH, the main reason I got it was for alt mounts, gold didn't rain from the sky back in Wrath.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.