Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You'd think after more than half a century the Russian shills would have invented a better tactic than whataboutism, but here we are.
    Pointing out that the US is no better then the Russians does not make one a Russian shill. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Pointing out that the US is no better then the Russians does not make one a Russian shill. Try again.
    No, attempting to marginalise legitimate criticism of Russia's activities by saying "WELL, X country did Y" is what makes one a shill.

That bad shit happens elsewhere does not make the shit in question less bad. If anything, you're confirming that it is bad Russia is doing this by branding similar activities as bad. It's a stupid tactic designed to mollify idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah and the US is so friendly toward Europe. They used French Citizens as Human Experiments by lacing Bread with LSD.
    They had the CIA influence several European Elections. A good example is the 1951 Italian Elections, were the CIA was fabricating stories to get Italy's centrist Christian Democrats into power.

You Americans are hardly any better. Its like a Wolf warning the Lambs about the Butcher.
    I'm not American. You'll also notice I said 'actively' as in currently, not 60~ years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No, attempting to marginalise legitimate criticism of Russia's activities by saying "WELL, X country did Y" is what makes one a shill.

That bad shit happens elsewhere does not make the shit in question less bad. If anything, you're confirming that it is bad Russia is doing this by branding similar activities as bad. It's a stupid tactic designed to mollify idiots.
    I never said it makes it less bad, I said the US is no better. The US meddles with European elections and so does Russia. What I am against is the double standards.
    The US should be treated the same as we are treating Russia for meddling with Elections.

But I know that wont happen because of the power difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I'm not American. You'll also notice I said 'actively' as in currently, not 60~ years ago.
    Sorry my mistake.
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2017-05-26 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it makes it less bad, I said the US is no better. The US meddles with European elections and so does Russia. What I am against is the double standards.
    The US should be treated the same as we are treating Russia for meddling with Elections.

But I know that wont happen because of the power difference.
    Sucks to suck, doesn't it?

And the US will always be better by virtue of the fact that, for the time being at least, it isn't a neo-tsarist autocracy with a hard-on for purging minorities and political opponents.

Also, as mentioned, we're talking about now - not what happened 60 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    I see, so it looks like you and Trump are part of the group of people that think it's not in the best interests for Europe and the US to stay as close nit as we are. Does this include the West too? Just out of curiosity, it's always interesting to see the views of people with these kind of ..... views.
    How did you get...

You know what , nevermind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Good for Macron acknowledging the Leader of the Free World first.

Back of the line, Trump!
    Germany? it's a nice country, but leader? With an army pitifully small for its size and wealth. And a chancellor who continues to put non-Germans' interests ahead of the people she was elected to represent.

Like it or not Skroe (and I don't), the most powerful country in the world is lead by Cheeto, lord of the BS.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    So... after Trump bullies another leader on video - the story is now that this is okay, and the european leaders are at fault because they didn't show enough respect in the first place?

Just trying to put the messages of the last 8 pages together...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Germany? it's a nice country, but leader? With an army pitifully small for its size and wealth. And a chancellor who continues to put non-Germans' interests ahead of the people she was elected to represent.

Like it or not Skroe (and I don't), the most powerful country in the world is lead by Cheeto, lord of the BS.

I think he means leader of the free world as in virtue, not as in most powerful country.

I don't think Skroe would ever state there is a more powerful nation in the world, its just not the leader of the free world anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I think he means leader of the free world as in virtue, not as in most powerful country.

I don't think Skroe would ever state there is a more powerful nation in the world, its just not the leader of the free world anymore.
    The US is by default (size, % of GDP on the military, our wonderful geographic position, rule of law, representative democracy,etc) the leader of the free world. When some airy sense of "virtue" is what it takes to win wars, let me know.

We are in the position of Donald Trump as chief executive of the leading nation of the free world for lots of reasons. Chief among them (imo) is that globalization has fcked the working class in developed countries right in their backside.

Who knew that when masses of people feel economically/culturally insecure, they will vote based on their fear?

It is in the best interests of the "1%" to do everything possible to include the other 99% in the prosperity they enjoy. Or we get times like now.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Putting the best interest of humanity as a whole over narrow minded tribalism is exactly what a leader of the free world should be doing.

And a chancellor who continues to put non-Germans' interests ahead of the people she was elected to represent.
    If you're referencing letting refugees into Germany you're flat out wrong. It was a calculated decision to reassure peripheral member states and attempt to maintain unity within the EU. It wasn't her fault that other member states (particularly the V4) took advantage of that instead of acting in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    That's about right but Europe don't need NATO protection anymore. Russia is not a threat and Europe and Russia could be very good partners if the US stopped their meddling and warmongering (no, Ukraine was not a spontaneous revolution. No, the missile defense system purpose isn't hypothetical Iran's nuclear warheads). Between Russia and the US the only aggressor is the US.

And the US needs their bases in Europe a lot more than we need NATO. Without them the US is only a boasting and arrogant nation locked on their island. So yes, they will pay, shut their mouth, and be happy about it.

This dude is a Trump jr. Knows best. Does best. Who could be righter than him. No need for the world. We best.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US is by default (size, % of GDP on the military, our wonderful geographic position, rule of law, representative democracy,etc) the leader of the free world. When some airy sense of "virtue" is what it takes to win wars, let me know.

We are in the position of Donald Trump as chief executive of the leading nation of the free world for lots of reasons. Chief among them (imo) is that globalization has fcked the working class in developed countries right in their backside.

Who knew that when masses of people feel economically/culturally insecure, they will vote based on their fear?

It is in the best interests of the "1%" to do everything possible to include the other 99% in the prosperity they enjoy. Or we get times like now.
    Not denying anything of that.

But thats how people cope with trump:

Some call him cheeto jesus and other nicknames

Some would never call him president.

And for Skroe it's stating that Merkel is now the moral consciousness of the free world. As he doesn't see trump fit for a role that is by default (and right) americas.

So while that doesn't change the power of the US, but it does change how the US is perceived. It was bad under bush, got better under obama, got worse under obama, and even worse under trump. The point is: Merkels word have weight and you can put faith in them. Trump is just a spoiled child who's words you cannot take at face value.

So i can see his point, without saying the US got weaker, germany stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Not denying anything of that.

But thats how people cope with trump:

Some call him cheeto jesus and other nicknames

Some would never call him president.

And for Skroe it's stating that Merkel is now the moral consciousness of the free world. As he doesn't see trump fit for a role that is by default (and right) americas.

So while that doesn't change the power of the US, but it does change how the US is perceived. It was bad under bush, got better under obama, got worse under obama, and even worse under trump. The point is: Merkels word have weight and you can put faith in them. Trump is just a spoiled child who's words you cannot take at face value.

So i can see his point, without saying the US got weaker, germany stronger.
    Name calling is how some people act out against an authority figure.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I guess you don't understand how bankruptcy works.
    you funnel your negative assets into a shell company and then declare bankruptcy on that entity so that when they try to split the assets all the creditors receive are more bills.

if you see the US start buying up a lot of russian debt, you should start worrying.

Deleted
    Tbh montenegro pm deserves no respect joining the organization that bombed his country. Trump treated him like the bitch he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Wait, do some people really think Trump shouldn't have been front and center? Do you really think Montenegro is an equal of the US?
    I'm sure that justifies what he did.

Wait, do some people really think Trump shouldn't have been front and center? Do you really think Montenegro is an equal of the US?
    Oh, he should have been front, absolutely. But shoving partners aside to be front? That's a bit off the mark, if you ask me. And a bit pathetic, too.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how insecure you feel about your nation as american i suppose. If someone finds position for a photo op to be that important.