Poll: How will we defeat Sargeras?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Our artifacts are blessed/infused by council, I guess lorewise that great power comes from that. I mean before that you could say they were just very nicely crafted weapons.

Sargeras dies when council sacrifices itself/their power, most likely illidan somehow working as focusing iris or something. I mean he is powerful mage still, those skill don't just vanish?

Most likely that power is too much for illidans body and we get drama how he says last word blabla sacrifice, tyrande cryes and malfurion screams brother.

Demon hunters then join army of light and start hunting all demons and be forgotten in next expansion, unless blizzard lets wow die with some dignity.

Next expansion is about against void and anduin is big cahoot, now instead mages (khadgar,dalaran,nightborne etc.) priest and holy-users are in big role. Or I assume holy is opposite of void?
    Last edited by Thokri; 2017-05-26 at 06:09 PM.

We sacrifice Demon hunters and pandas

If they are going with the "hints" from the future way, if we look at a line from Il'gynoth;
    "The lord of ravens will turn the key"
    This might mean Khadgar, since he turns into bird, BUT I belive and hope, that the hint is not that obvious.
    If we look at Norse mythology, Odin had two ravens, that did scouting for him (Huginn and Muninn), I kinda would like the story to go with this path.
    So Odyn would somehow help us, but at the same time he will help the Old Gods escape or something and that will lead into the next expansion.

Hopefully Sargeras isn't as easy to kill as Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    If they are going with the "hints" from the future way, if we look at a line from Il'gynoth;
    "The lord of ravens will turn the key"
    This might mean Khadgar, since he turns into bird, BUT I belive and hope, that the hint is not that obvious.
    If we look at Norse mythology, Odin had two ravens, that did scouting for him (Huginn and Muninn), I kinda would like the story to go with this path.
    So Odyn would somehow help us, but at the same time he will help the Old Gods escape or something and that will lead into the next expansion.
    A bit OT, but still:
    Khadgar turns into a raven because his staff has that power. He even tells you that when you fly to Azuna. He is definitely no lord of ravens.
    Odyn seems a lot more likely to me (Odin is even called Raven Lord in norse myth at times).

Sorry for the aside. As you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    A bit OT, but still:
    Khadgar turns into a raven because his staff has that power. He even tells you that when you fly to Azuna. He is definitely no lord of ravens.
    Odyn seems a lot more likely to me (Odin is even called Raven Lord in norse myth at times).

Sorry for the aside. As you were.
    True, I was a bit off topic, kinda realised it once I had posted, but then I thought what the heck :P

But yeah, nice to see, that someone else is kinda sharing my PoV on this, Odyn seems more likely

we will have "some" help obsiously, maybe kiljaeden himself will help:

"Since striking the bargain that chased the Draenei into the stars, Kil’jaeden believed the Legion could not be stopped—yet, none of his deceptions have prevented you from reaching this critical moment. Infuriated that Sargeras’ promise of victory has never come to pass, the demon lord prepares to face you himself, for a final battle that will shape Azeroth’s destiny forever."

Deleted
    Jaina will probably show up in the last secound with the powers of the guardian x1000 and save the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Exactly, and how could we forget a system when each platform has someone helping you, but when you clear the platform they get exhausted and thus their power fades. Maybe with an achievement so you have to start and defeat the fight on each platform once.
    Seriously now... you should work at Blizz... those ideas are just poping and they're precious!

personally i dont think we will defeat him his use for the legion is an army against the old gods and void maybe well end up teaming up with him

Didn't the devs confirm that Sargeras wouldn't be the end boss.

Sargeras is too big of a big bad to have killed off.

Perhaps, as he's currently lol'ing around in the nether, we kill THAT WHICH IS SUMMONING HIM BACK?
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Quote Originally Posted by dev'olution View Post

Perhaps, as he's currently lol'ing around in the nether, we kill THAT WHICH IS SUMMONING HIM BACK?
    No such confirmation actually. But I do doubt myself that it will be him.

I still think it will be corrupted Illidan. Blizzard seems really keen on bringing back old villians i.e. Ragnaros, Gul'dan or other WoD Characters from Warcraft game. I think it's there will be a twist in Tomb and he gets corrupted.
    Last edited by meroko; 2017-05-28 at 05:42 AM.

I hadn't heard that. Who else would it be? If we are meant to defeat the Legion once and for all? And who else could it be on Argus? He will literally be the last known Legion villain we haven't already defeated. Would they really give us an entire tier of villains we've never heard of?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I suppose we could fight a lot of the same ones again again, since we never defeated Mannoroth or Tichondrius in the Twisting Nether or on Argus, but they have to come up with some sort of package they can sell as new content.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Dunno but the rewrites of him and the Legion made him look like a fool. I just want to see him and the Legion be done.

Void Lords, old Gods and true Dark Titans seems to be a lot more logical and present threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Dunno but the rewrites of him and the Legion made him look like a fool. I just want to see him and the Legion be done.

Void Lords, old Gods and true Dark Titans seems to be a lot more logical and present threat.
    Lots of hints that the Void Lords and their minions the Old Gods are next up. In the Emerald Nightmare, Malfurion warns us that defeating Xavius is only buying time - time to defeat the Legion before the "true darkness" rises. Drak'thul, the Orc warlock who begins the achievement unlocking the Fathom Dweller mount, tells us "The demons are not your enemy." He used to think they were, but is now more concerned with the whispers in his head.

As for "true Dark Titans", the only one I'm aware of is Sargeras. As I understand it, he is the only Titan ever to go dark, and also the only Titan still alive (unless you count the essences of the others hiding in the Keepers bodies).

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    As for "true Dark Titans", the only one I'm aware of is Sargeras. As I understand it, he is the only Titan ever to go dark, and also the only Titan still alive (unless you count the essences of the others hiding in the Keepers bodies).
    Wait, isn't Azeroth a baby titan?
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Wait, isn't Azeroth a baby titan?
    Good point, and Azeroth could absolutely be the wild card in this equation, although no one's figured out what happens to us when the planet 'wakes up'.

The answer is here:

Only this time we will use FOUR hours and FOUR Broken Daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I'll quote you both here since I'll be answering the same question. For one thing the WotA books were written well before a lot of the current Titan lore was established by Blizzard, we now know for a fact that Titans are gigantic cosmic entities that dwarf planets. The author may not have included this at the time and just assumed he could write a Titan as being something very large but perceptible to us mortals - which is of course false (also as a side note it kinda makes you wonder where he was at the time if the solid ground could support a being larger than Azeroth). Or, he will have written it in implying it was an avatar and just not conveyed that to us properly. If it was the latter, then there you go, if it was the former, then we can consider that encounter as a non-canon event due to retcons by the Blizzard writers.

From what we know in the currently established Titan lore, there is absolutely zero chance Brox managed to wound a cosmic-scale entity's true form, enchanted axe or not.
    Just because it's unfathomable in reality to conceive a being the size of a planet does not mean it is so in the Warcraft universe. Furthermore, you have absolutely no idea how powerful the Axe of Cenarius, or any of our Artifacts, are, so how could you possibly state with any certainty that it could not harm Sargeras under any circumstance?

Let me give you an example of something very similar in recent media. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 spoilers! The villain of the movie is, literally, a living planet. A small group of humanoids not only defeat him, but destroy him. Why is this ok in one of the biggest tentpole movies of the summer but not in WoW?

If the Devs want us to fight Titan form Sargeras, that's what we're going to do.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-05-30 at 01:38 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar will come crashing down from a rift in the Twisting Nether and bashes his skull in. Broxigar was presumed dead, but no-one really dies in Warcraft.

/RollCredits.

...and in the post credits scene it appears that it was just another avatar that was killed, so 4 xpacs from now there will be another Legion invasion by Sargaras.