Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Opened over 25 anniversary loot boxes

And i didnt get any skins. Are the drop rates that low?

10+ Year Old Account
    did blizzard publish the loot box algorithm china law was asking for ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    did blizzard publish the loot box algorithm china law was asking for ?
    A legendary every 20 boxes guaranteed iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    A legendary every 20 boxes guaranteed iirc.
    This is based on the laws in China forcing Blizzard to disclose loot percentages. Then, the loot you do get has a ~50% chance to be from the current event. So, you might need to open 40 boxes before you get your Anniversary event skin.

Read this. The numbers of 13.5% chance of a Legendary quoted are apparently from a mistranslation. As Beste Kerel said, it's supposed to be more like 5%, or 1 in 20.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#66631c997628

Here's an excerpt:

Recently, Blizzard divulged the exact drop rates for Legendaries based on a Chinese law that required them to do so. That revealed that 1 in 13.5 loot boxes on average will contain an item “of legendary quality.”

Opening loot boxes a long time, I’ve come to see that it’s about a 50% chance whether the legendary you get is an event item. The other half of the time, it’s an old legendary or a gold pile.

Calculations based on the average length games put earning one loot box through XP at about one hour of time.

So, using all these metrics, on average, it will take 27 loot boxes, or 27 hours of play, to get one Legendary event skin. 11 Legendary skins would be 267 boxes/hours, and that’s assuming no duplicates. In my initial 100 boxes, I got four duplicates out of eight drops. On the positive side, players will earn enough duplicate gold from these boxes to buy several skins. I got just over 6,000 in 100 boxes (as someone who already owns a lot of stuff), so that might be ~15,000 in 267 boxes.

There are only 168 hours in a week. Let’s say that somehow you’re able to play Overwatch for eight hours a day because you’re just that damn good at time management. In three weeks, playing seven days straight, that’s 168 hours/boxes, plus or minus some bonus boxes for arcade activities.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I opened 10 boxes and got one dance emote, for Zarya. Then I went ahead and bought Mercy's dance.

Also, @Kudos, that was a good read. Thankfully, for me, none of the Anniversary skins are a must have. I'll just be playing like I normally do and see what I get.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

i got bastion skin, that's it so far. about 15 boxes opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the mei skin on the loot crate you get for logging in. Shortly after I bought the hanzo skin.

I got the Power Ranger skin.

Around 10 boxes so far, two dance emotes and one non-event legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Genji's skin twice, but that's it. But I also have like 15k gold so I will just buy whatever I want that I don't get.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Opened about 12 or 13. No skins, just Widow's dance, which I'd already bought. Drops do seem incredibly low this time around.

Oh, got Reaper's dance on XBox too, but that's a different account obviously.

I purchased 50 Anniversary Loot Boxes for $40, I ended up with 6 of the new legendaries, 6 of the new emotes, and several duplicate legendaries (unsure how many since I didn't keep track of that, I just remember a legendary gold drop, duplicate D'Va and Mei and a duplicate old Hanzo Legendary). RNG is RNG.

One of my boxes even was this: http://puu.sh/w2czv/1bfe5b4a32.jpg

There are only 168 hours in a week. Let’s say that somehow you’re able to play Overwatch for eight hours a day because you’re just that damn good at time management. In three weeks, playing seven days straight, that’s 168 hours/boxes, plus or minus some bonus boxes for arcade activities.
    For 11 skins, you play 168 hours on a boring shooting game?

I got the Bastion skin twice, and the Pharah one twice also.

I'm somewhat saddened.

I opened up about 110 boxes so far and I'm missing 13 dance emotes and 6 event skins. Not complaining i mean I knew that the boxes are a gamble and you might not get what you want.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Boxes do seem particularly underwhelming this time around.

I've opened around thirty. Got tracer skin twice, gengi skin once, and tracers dance. I don't really play either hero much, but I've been trying to play tracer a bit more since the game seems to really want me to get good with that hero.

I'll probably buy some loot boxes towards the end of the event. ~6k WoW gold/box isn't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems they've "acknowledged the feedback"...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...997537?page=68

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I just wanted to acknowledge that we've been following the threads about the loot box rewards as they pertain to the anniversary events, other events and loot boxes in general. The feedback and suggestions have been helpful to us. We had a really great discussion yesterday about the feedback we've been hearing this week. While I don't have any immediate action items to report, I thought it was important for you to know that we are listening.

Please feel free to continue your discussions about rewards, loot boxes, and anniversary cosmetic items in this thread. I'll ask the forum moderators to route all discussion on the topic to this thread.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
    Very often a first step of them changing something or doing something. It does seem this event hasn't gone down particularly well; the new skins weren't generally very well received and the dances being limited time has caused a lot of upset; so even without the potentially lower drop rates it does look like they realised they dropped the ball on this.

I opened 24 that I bought, 9 from arcade, 9 from leveling, 1 for doing 1 v 1 which I have been sitting on for a long time and I got the Pharah legendary, a dozen new voice recordings, 3 dances and a shit load of wasteful anniversary player icons which I wouldn't even wipe my butt on.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Seems they've "acknowledged the feedback"...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...997537?page=68

Very often a first step of them changing something or doing something. It does seem this event hasn't gone down particularly well; the new skins weren't generally very well received and the dances being limited time has caused a lot of upset; so even without the potentially lower drop rates it does look like they realised they dropped the ball on this.
    I think it's less of the "dancing being limited time" and more of how MANY dances and new legendary skins there are, and at 3k per legendary, and 750 per dance, it gets crazy to get them outright.