Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is literally no reason to get married currently, except social pressure.
    Crazy expensive wedding, expensive divorce, and for what... some tax breaks ? Are you sure that they won't be much less than what you spent on the wedding ?

People are too selfish for marriage to work in our society. Its all me me me. The notion of sacrifice is out the window. Marriage is about sacrifice and long term commitment. People today are selfish and have no attention span. As an employer, being married looks really good on a resume because it makes you look like a responsible adult.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    But at least they would have had a kick-ass wedding instead of having to deal with unplanning one.

Moral: if you meet someone you like marry them as soon as humanly possible.
    Haha. Its funny how differently people think. Ide rather have it fall apart before being married. 12 years pretty much automatically makes me pay alimony for the rest of my life. Yea...

Moral: Dont get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    “It almost seems less taboo to get divorced than to call off a wedding,” said Natalia Juarez, a Toronto-based breakup coach.

What's up with that anyways? If you're gonna get married then go ahead and do it. Why the extremely long engagement period and exorbitant wedding. Clearly the "I'll stay with them a while to make sure they're the right one" strategy isn't a good one. Now this person and others like her are left picking up the pieces and wondering what those last 12 years are worth.

In many cases they end up really angry and bitter and spend a long time trying to erase the other person from their life. A much better plan is to get married soon after meeting the person and go all in. Be committed and sincere.
    This kind of thinking further confirms that marriage is stupid.

When you get married, you say vows you don't have to mean. You can break those vows, over and over again, and society STILL lets you get married. Again. If that's the case, why put yourself through that? Wouldn't a relationship that didn't have those commitments, yet stayed together despite that, come off as...stronger?

The only benefit to marriage is tax breaks. The same exact relationship can be had between two individuals, married or not. Marriage is a ridiculous custom in America that has absolutely no purpose besides money for lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The faster you go, the less you care about the things around you.
    Precisely, at least when things get a little squirrely at speed, I get some kind of sensation out of it.

Stop nation bashing. This is an article from a top newspaper. Hardly a random one from a nowhere site.
    Nation bashing? You're out of your mind or quoted the wrong person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Who on here is more qualified than me?
    People who have relationship experience. Until you give us your credentials, you have no qualifications.

- - - Updated - - -

Better to go all in, make the commitment and give it your all. Look what happened with this long term boyfriend-girlfriend nonsense. Turned out to be a total waste!
    You do realize that this story is useless, right? There was no reason given for their separation. We don't know if it was because they took too long to tie the not, or if one of them cheated. Maybe they just fell out of love. There are countless reasons for couples to part ways, but this article gives no such reason. So any speculation on the reason for the separation is baseless and pointless.

Much like this thread.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    This kind of thinking further confirms that marriage is stupid.

When you get married, you say vows you don't have to mean. You can break those vows, over and over again, and society STILL lets you get married. Again. If that's the case, why put yourself through that? Wouldn't a relationship that didn't have those commitments, yet stayed together despite that, come off as...stronger?

The only benefit to marriage is tax breaks. The same exact relationship can be had between two individuals, married or not. Marriage is a ridiculous custom in America that has absolutely no purpose besides money for lawyers.
    I'll quote you, but this is really a response to everyone saying "marriage is stupid."

There's a lot of benefits to marriage beyond "tax breaks." There's a lot of benefits to not being married beyond "lol no divorce court." It's not a simple, easy decision. I'd question how many of the people saying marriage is stupid are in a position to be married if they chose, but that's sort of besides the point.

In any case, in September I'll have been married 11 years, and I don't regret it. But I also have no animosity towards anyone who doesn't get married. As long as each person's happy with themselves, more power to them.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Since this thread is about marriage, I'd say pretty much anyone who actually is, or even has been, married.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    What a good post this person knows what the-

Say what now
    I implore a polyamorous relationship between multiple people and have for years, as I've deemed the ideal of 'mutual paired mating for life' to be a construct of religious zealots looking to control others. It's a personal decision, and something I've stuck with and makes me and my loves happy.

Frankly it's a matter of finding the right persons to love.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    But at least they would have had a kick-ass wedding instead of having to deal with unplanning one.

Moral: if you meet someone you like marry them as soon as humanly possible.
    Kick ass wedding? You mean a bottomless pit of expenses where you pay double for everything just because it's a wedding? And to that the massive costs of a divorce?

My dumb little sister married at 21 divorced at 24. It cost her a fortune and hindered her career.

I'm 33 with a decent upper middle class net worth, a divorce for me would wipe out years worth of savings and sound financial decisions.

Getting married nowadays is one of the dumbest financial decisions someone can make. That's not to say nobody should get married, but it's most certainly NOT something anyone should ever rush into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Since this thread is about marriage, I'd say pretty much anyone who actually is, or even has been, married.
    And pretty much everyone who has ever contemplated marriage, who met anyone married, who ever left his house or is adamantly against marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    To be fair there isn't much else to do in Canada other than hockey, curling and moose hunting.
    Yeah...we have to fill the time that would otherwise be used for getting shot at with something...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Ah, the comments were so predictable.
    As for the OP case, well, 12 years? I dont think he ever wanted to marry her at all, thus I fail to see that this is somehow fault of mariage as such.

Here you go again. You take it upon yourself to be the supreme authority with zero experience, then pretend offended when others point out your zero experience, therefore showing how you have no credibility in your preaching.

You don't learn very easily do you? Less than 2 pages ago was this last brought up, and you're at it again. The very least you can do is go have atleast a single date before coming here and talking about being most qualified on relationships.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-05-26 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Here you go again. You take it upon yourself to be the supreme authority with zero experience, then pretend offended when others point out your zero experience, therefore showing how you have no credibility in your preaching.

You don't learn very easily do you? Less than 2 pages ago was this last brought up, and you're at it again. The very least you can do is go have atleast a single date before coming here and talking about being most qualified on relationships.
    Damn Linadra, when did you become so savage? LOL!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Damn Linadra, when did you become so savage? LOL!
    I have my shadowpriest moments!

No, really, some people are nearly begging to get confronted about their rhetoric. Tennisace is very good at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How would someone who's been divorced be more qualified than me?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A dog, a WoW gold farming bot program, an infant, a corpse, etc...
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    People are too selfish for marriage to work in our society. Its all me me me. The notion of sacrifice is out the window. Marriage is about sacrifice and long term commitment. People today are selfish and have no attention span. As an employer, being married looks really good on a resume because it makes you look like a responsible adult.
    That's a good way to get your business sued by the rejected applicant and investigated by the EEOC. Assuming it becomes known and/or obvious that you discriminate against the unmarried.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    How would someone who's been divorced be more qualified than me?
    Well, I mean, at least they'd have been married.