Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Nice video of an unregistered off-road vehicle at a sanctioned track event.
    Is this better?

Nice video of an unregistered off-road vehicle at a sanctioned track event.
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/national/co...u-need-to-know
    https://ngtnews.com/maryland-passes-...iesel-vehicles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBQFnUgv37c

It's a thing a lot of very smart people have been doing for years, because apparently "sticking it to liberals" is more important than our environment. Just search "rolling coal" on youtube and you'll turn up an endless number of videos of folks thinking they're super cool for doing it to others in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Corporations lie to make money, that has little to do with what consumers are buying. Enter the latest emissions scandal from GM, which many are saying resulted in more pollution than the VW one.
    Surely you can enter those numbers yourself for us all to see. How much has it cost GM again?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-26 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Oh pwease, who? Mitsubishi ? Toyota ? Nissan? I beg you. They cry every time we release a new car.
    Toyota's and Hondas have always been good to me. I'm not a fan of Nissans at all.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective and experience. German cars don't have a great rep in my area because of the high repair costs and nominal, if any, advantage over Hondas and Toyotas. Some of the maintenance costs are pretty outrageous, but that might just be a "free market" issue.

But for my experience, my Hondas , Acura, and Jeep have been great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilzan View Post
    Is this better?
    Okay? A person accelerating in a diesel vehicle. There are far more non commercial diesel vehicles in Europe than in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There are often times emergence of trends that make me start thinking things that would likely get infracted if articulated.

I mean...what sort of mentality drives thinking that this is "cool" or whatever?
    Just an act of immaturity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Many of us drive a lot. I'll take more money that I can spend on other luxuries over a car that makes a micropenis feel slightly larger.
    I drive alot too, but the pros of bigger cars simply outweigh the consider low mpg. You miss out on.

4x4 going over difficult terrain.
    Tow package
    Cargo space,
    Hauling heavy objects.
    You can camp out in one
    Pull another vehicle out.

There's so many uses, but if you live in a city I guess only high mpg would matter. But cities are depressing and too crowded for me so not my cup of tea

Okay? A person accelerating in a diesel vehicle. There are far more non commercial diesel vehicles in Europe than in the US.
    These are modified diesel trucks, with the specific modifications intended to create that thick cloud of exhaust, and it's absolutely not normal operation for modern diesel vehicles.

This is why nobody takes you seriously when you claim to be an independent, because it takes some next-level denial to pretend like anything about that video is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/national/co...u-need-to-know
    https://ngtnews.com/maryland-passes-...iesel-vehicles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBQFnUgv37c

It's a thing a lot of very smart people have been doing for years, because apparently "sticking it to liberals" is more important than our environment. Just search "rolling coal" on youtube and you'll turn up an endless number of videos of folks thinking they're super cool for doing it to others in public.
    Like I said, lack of maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    I drive alot too, but the pros of bigger cars simply outweigh the consider low mpg. You miss out on.

Tow package
    Cargo space,
    Hauling heavy objects.
    You can camp out in one

There's so many uses, but if you live in a city I guess only high mpg would matter. But cities are depressing and too crowded for me so not my cup of tea
    It is comes down to your personal lifestyle after all. Yeah, you could do those things in theory with your truck. But if you don't do that on a very regular basis, it is pretty much pointless, to have such a vehicle, especially, with now having all those rent services around, offering you the vehicle you need.
    And once you drive through the average (european) city, you will be absolutely cursing your vehicle, being unable to find a fitting parking lot for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely you can enter those numbers yourself for us all to see. How much has it cost GM again?
    So far nothing... since this is new. But as with VW, I would expect hefty fines, buy back programs etc. Unless of course our current administration steps in and shuts it all down, cause 'merica.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

These are modified diesel trucks, with the specific modifications intended to create that thick cloud of exhaust, and it's absolutely not normal operation for modern diesel vehicles.

This is why nobody takes you seriously when you claim to be an independent, because it takes some next-level denial to pretend like anything about that video is normal.
    What is ridiculous is people actually think that those kinds of vehicles are a large percentage of the vehicles in the US.

People also modify their cars to street race in the US and all over the world as well. Those trucks are a lower percentage of those types of vehicles.

People modify their vehicles to go off roading in the US and all over the world as well. Those trucks are a lower percentage of those types of vehicles.

Diesel powered vehicles in the US is by far a low percentage of vehicles in the US. Much less a modified one.
    All diesels vehicles in the US are 1%. And in the Europea they account for 58% of the vehicles.
    The chances of you encountering a modified truck like one of these and them "rolling coal" on you is very very slim.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-26 at 07:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post

Tow package
    Cargo space,
    Hauling heavy objects.
    You can camp out in one

Sure, if you actually use those features. I know many environmental liberals who also happen to be farmers, and they own larger vehicles with those features... and it's because they actually use them. It's why I'm certain the combustion engine will probably never completely disappear - there's a use for it, and people have need of those perfectly legitimate uses.

I live in a city of about 120k, with mountains very close by that I love to visit and go hiking/jogging in, as well as the beach not too far away either. We have a bunch of city rednecks and Beverly Hillbillies who buy giant vehicles with those features, then never use them.

Went out camping with some friends one time, and one friend's car got stuck in the mud. One of the people with us was one of said city rednecks who had a massive truck with lots of the accessories. We asked him to use that fancy winch that looked like it had never been used, and lo and behold it had in fact, never been used, and he had no idea how to use it.

Cargo space has never been an issue in any of my cars either, and the only time I can ever imagine it being an issue is for people with actual compact cars and other tiny models.

One reason I'm getting a Tesla once more supercharging stations proliferate - even more trunk space in both the back and the front since there's no massive engine to take up a ton of space.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-05-26 at 07:15 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Somebody should remind him he isn't on the campaign trail anymore and should save his empty promises for 2020.
    You forget that he is actually already campaigning for 2020. He started like 1 month after inauguration.

What is ridiculous is people actually think that those kinds of vehicles are a large percentage of the vehicles in the US.
    I must have missed the part where someone in the thread claimed these vehicles are a large percentage of the US auto market. Looking back, it seems like someone pointing out the existence of "rolling coal" and its relevance given the rejection of climate change by many Americans.

People also modify their cars to street race in the US and all over the world as well. Those trucks are a lower percentage of those types of vehicles.
    Rolling coal is also largely a political statement, and the endless videos of folks rolling coal on "liberals" in Prius's and other smaller, fuel efficient cars, or in front of protesters pretty solidly cements it as a pretty overtly political act.

Comparing it to racing modifications is hilarious.

People modify their vehicles to go off roading in the US and all over the world as well. Those trucks are a lower percentage of those types of vehicles.
    This is true, and also entirely irrelevant to a discussion regarding folks who roll coal.

Diesel powered vehicles in the US is by far a low percentage of vehicles in the US. Much less a modified one.
    Which is irrelevant to the current discussion, but thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    You forget that he is actually already campaigning for 2020. He started like 1 month after inauguration.
    And fundraising with a joint-fundraising committee with the GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are removing a particle filter or installing a trigger that can remove it at a push of a button. This is not a stock truck and according to a link above, costs 2k to return the vehicle to stock.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sure, if you actually use those features. I know many environmental liberals who also happen to be farmers, and they own larger vehicles with those features... and it's because they actually use them. It's why I'm certain the combustion engine will probably never completely disappear - there's a use for it, and people have need of those perfectly legitimate uses.

I live in a city of about 120k, with mountains very close by that I love to visit and go hiking/jogging in, as well as the beach not too far away either. We have a bunch of city rednecks and Beverly Hillbillies who buy giant vehicles with those features, then never use them.

Went out camping with some friends one time, and one friend's car got stuck in the mud. One of the people with us was one of said city rednecks who had a massive truck with lots of the accessories. We asked him to use that fancy winch that looked like it had never been used, and lo and behold it had in fact, never been used, and he had no idea how to use it.

Cargo space has never been an issue in any of my cars either, and the only time I can ever imagine it being an issue is for people with actual compact cars and other tiny models.

One reason I'm getting a Tesla once more supercharging stations proliferate - even more trunk space in both the back and the front since there's no massive engine to take up a ton of space.
    The Teslas tell you exactly where the charging stations are located. Depending on the model you get you shouldn't have any issues with charging stations. My next door neighbor has one and has never had an issue. There has always been one within range on the interstate. She says that they are pretty strategically placed on the car's range and metropolitan areas.

- - - Updated - - -

I must have missed the part where someone in the thread claimed these vehicles are a large percentage of the US auto market. Looking back, it seems like someone pointing out the existence of "rolling coal" and its relevance given the rejection of climate change by many Americans.

Rolling coal is also largely a political statement, and the endless videos of folks rolling coal on "liberals" in Prius's and other smaller, fuel efficient cars, or in front of protesters pretty solidly cements it as a pretty overtly political act.

Comparing it to racing modifications is hilarious.

This is true, and also entirely irrelevant to a discussion regarding folks who roll coal.

Which is irrelevant to the current discussion, but thanks for pointing it out.

And fundraising with a joint-fundraising committee with the GOP.
    Apparently people must think it is a large enough percentage to even mention it and keep harping on it.

As if every Prius own is a liberal.

It is quite relevant to the discussion as they modify their vehicles do they not. Simply because you deem it irrelevant does not make it so my friend.

As I said in my prior post. Only 1.5% of the vehicles in the US are diesel powered. In Europe 58% are diesel powered. How many of that 1.5% of all of the vehicles in the entirety of America do you think have been modified to do that and are trucks? And other 1%? So 1% of 1.5% chance of encountering this particular modified vehicle. And then this driver of said modified vehicle has to decide to "burn coal". The odds of happening are very very slim.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-26 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget about cars. Where will I get my TVs from if they tax imports from Asia.

Apparently people must think it is a large enough percentage to even mention it and keep harping on it.
    Nobody said that either, you're making all kinds of assumptions, dude.

As if every Prius own is a liberal.
    According to what these people have said in the videos I've seen, this is exactly what they think, apparently.

It is quite relevant to the discussion as they modify their vehicles do they not. Simply because you deem it irrelevant does not make it so my friend.
    Vehicle modification in general is not what is being discussed. A specific modification for a specific purpose related to a specific topic is what is being discussed.

As I said in my prior post. Only 1.5% of the vehicles in the US are diesel powered. In Europe 58% are diesel powered. How many of that 1.5% of all of the vehicles in the entirety of America do you think have been modified to do that and are trucks? And other 1%? So 1% of 1.5% chance of encountering this particular modified vehicle. And then this driver of said modified vehicle has to decide to "burn coal". The odds of happening are very very slim.
    What is the significance of this in relation to the current discussion? This is an unrelated tangent.

You really love trying to drive discussion off-topic, don't you.

Nobody said that either, you're making all kinds of assumptions, dude.

According to what these people have said in the videos I've seen, this is exactly what they think, apparently.

Vehicle modification in general is not what is being discussed. A specific modification for a specific purpose related to a specific topic is what is being discussed.

What is the significance of this in relation to the current discussion? This is an unrelated tangent.

You really love trying to drive discussion off-topic, don't you.
    Actually I tried to bring it back to topic a couple times. They were all but ignored. Watch while I try and do it again.

It is quite funny that it is difficult to find a link where he called the Germans 'evil'. Yet hours ago there were hundreds of them. I even said the MSM was misquoting (bad translation) him on the first page. They just raced to get it to the presses without confirmation first. They really should be ashamed of themselves.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-26 at 08:09 PM.

I really think a lot of this has to do with Merkel and Obama and how close those two are. She made statements after finding out Trump won the election.

“Germany and America are connected by values of democracy, freedom and respect for the law and the dignity of man, independent of origin, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political views,”

It was small poke at Trump. Also, she met with Obama before meeting Trump at their NATO meeting. She says it was scheduled way before the NATO meeting was. Still Trumps fragile ego cant handle things like this.