Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When Trump gives you lemons, you don't eat them because they're INFECTED.

I'm more bothered by how it seems he struck a deal in his own self interest to lift the ban.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I'm more bothered by how it seems he struck a deal in his own self interest to lift the ban.
    That's become par for the course in this Presidency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that they were only banned because of a disease affecting them, keeping it in place when that is no longer a threat would be unjustifiable. Better to lift this ban and come up with a more sound reasoning for a fresh ban if that was the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    When Trump gives you lemons, you don't eat them because they're INFECTED.
    It was actually tne prior administration that was supposed to lift the ban. But they were too busy apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Considering that they were only banned because of a disease affecting them, keeping it in place when that is no longer a threat would be unjustifiable. Better to lift this ban and come up with a more sound reasoning for a fresh ban if that was the best option.
    Was there a chance it could spread though?

ahahah what is this group #1204533 that found out trump lied right to their faces?

How much might it save consumers? Not per lemon, but on an annual basis.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

In what way was in his self interest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Was there a chance it could spread though?
    The article says the Lemons were deemed safe, so as of now the reasoning for the ban is invalid. Better to lift it and come up with a better reason than risking lengthy court battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what way was in his self interest?
    "As a somewhat related piece, construction on Trump tower in Argentina had been delayed due to lack of approval for building in the country's capital. There are many conflicting reports about exactly what is happening, but many articles out of Argentina are saying that construction on the tower has begun again since the President of Argentina visited Trump. Although both Merci and Trump's team deny that they reached any kind of agreement over the building of Trump tower at the same time as trade negotiations were done, local stations are reporting that construction has begun again."

Same thing with the whole China situation. A source of conflict magically resolves itself and, poof, Trump Corp gets something favorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    How much might it save consumers? Not per lemon, but on an annual basis.
    When life sells you lemons, how many do you buy, and how much lemonade do you make?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    The article says the Lemons were deemed safe, so as of now the reasoning for the ban is invalid. Better to lift it and come up with a better reason than risking lengthy court battles.
    But, before they were deemed safe though. It really is difficult to find why the lemons were banned in the first place other than "concerns of disease". Which is a BS excuse.

Here is a wiki page on the matter. It seems Japan all of Europe didn't want anything to do with them either.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arge..._lemon_dispute
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-26 at 08:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "As a somewhat related piece, construction on Trump tower in Argentina had been delayed due to lack of approval for building in the country's capital. There are many conflicting reports about exactly what is happening, but many articles out of Argentina are saying that construction on the tower has begun again since the President of Argentina visited Trump. Although both Merci and Trump's team deny that they reached any kind of agreement over the building of Trump tower at the same time as trade negotiations were done, local stations are reporting that construction has begun again."

Same thing with the whole China situation. A source of conflict magically resolves itself and, poof, Trump Corp gets something favorable.
    It's unproven at this point, and I can't tell which sources are trustworthy and which ones aren't, but several local stations are reporting that construction has restarted on Trump tower. President Merci is denying this though (both any "business" deals with Trump and the construction on the tower period) saying it's false reports.

Of course, it's his ass that goes down if this ever gets out, so he'd have plenty of reason to lie about it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Ah... I see. Nothing anyone can prove but we all "know" what really happened. We all know the story. We have seen it before.

Ah... I see. Nothing anyone can prove but we all "know" what really happened. We all know the story. We have seen it before.
    You have to admit its interesting timing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

You have to admit its interesting timing.
    As is are all the political consequences. One side overlooks their own discretions while looking at the opposing side's with a magnifying glass. That is why most people are sick and tired of politicians as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Well apparently the USDA released a report last December that noted the ban could be lifted because the disease was confirmed to have been dealt with. I read on another report (since I read multiple news sources for something) that Obama had actually intended to lift this ban himself, but well, we know that he was dealing with ensuring an investigation into Trump was well under way.
    I'm skeptical

I'll be honest. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought he was letting them send us bad cars.

This is great news, since it's estimated to save the American consumers and businesses that use lemons a few cents per lemon!
    Agreed. I think we should celebrate this good news by throwing a lemon party.

I thought he was losing favor with farmers from Mexican labor issues.