Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Drinking while gaming?

Do you drink while you game? Doesn't it impair your ability to perform well in the game if you do?

Like would you show up drunk to a mythic raid and still be able to perform well?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've played drunk maybe two times in my life. It's pointless and stupid. Didn't enjoy it at all.

I hate people who show up drunk to raids and whatnot. I don't tolerate drunks in group play that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Sometimes, dont want to be that guy here but smoking while playing games is alot of fun only downside is that playing while not smoking can be abit boring sometimes when used to it ( please dont flame me for braging about smoking here and it's not something i do as often anymore. I think drinking is worse as it effects your vision and stuff so no i would not raid while drinking. Atleast not progression maby just for fun, bg's can be alot of fun while drinking though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I've played drunk maybe two times in my life. It's pointless and stupid. Didn't enjoy it at all.

I hate people who show up drunk to raids and whatnot. I don't tolerate drunks in group play that much.
    Same, listening to drunk people while not drunk yourself is not fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure when farming or doing some other mundane task, but not why raiding or anything that takes actual concentration.

I do drink sometimes, but I wouldn't be able to play drunk, especially something like raiding. If I'm drinking during gaming, it's usually one or two drinks. For enjoyment, not to get wasted.

That being said, I actually never get wasted. Stopped doing that few years ago, stopped with cigarettes and weed, on a diet, trying to be healthy. I still drink alcohol sometimes, but it's for the taste only. Getting drunk is not my thing anymore.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-05-26 at 08:48 PM.

Sometimes. More like a buzz than drunk though. If I'm getting drunk, I'm out with friends not at home playing video games.

No, it doesn't impair my ability to play/raid. Though I play DPS, not healer or tank. I'm not usually talking in discord during raids, so I'm not bothering people that don't like here drunk talk. My guild raids with 1/3 roster drinking anyway though. No one gives a shit. Everyone pulls their weight. Sometimes the REALLY drunk players get annoying, but they usually get globally muted pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I do drink sometimes, but I wouldn't be able to play drunk, especially something like raiding. If I'm drinking during gaming, it's usually one or two drinks. For enjoyment, not to get wasted.

That being said, I actually never get wasted. Stopped doing that few years ago, stopped with cigarettes and weed, on a diet, trying to be healthy. I still drink alcohol sometimes, but it's for the taste only. Getting drunk is not my thing anymore.
    Whats the point of drinking if not to get plastered?

Isn't that why people drink? You can drink plenty of other drinks free of alcohol that taste much better.

Used to have a guildy who always showed up drunk to raid who dps'd a lot better than they were sober (and I don't mean from bad to good, I mean good to great) but randomly, whether at the beginning of the fight, middle of it, or near the end, she'd just drop dead. Used to joke it's not a raid until she died.

Deleted
    Wouldn't drink while doing a progression raid but getting smashed playing borderlands or something with 4 of your mates is fun. CSGO at 5am off your tits is quite interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Shot of vodka every time i wipe.

I've had a beer or two before a raid.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

We used to play drunken Mario Party in college. We'd take a shot at the start of every turn. Shot everytime a star was purchased. Shot for...other stuff too(can't remember this was quite a while ago). Was quite fun.

I can't imagine drinking while doing something like raiding. That just seems sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: A bunch of casuals.

You're just a noob if you can't play drunk.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I only remember doing it once. I got home from a Christmas dinner with some friends, and i was rather smashed. Saw a mate enter dota 2, and I was like: "fuck yeah, wanna play?". Guy did not know what he got into. He said i played like i had just dropped 4k MMR and turned Russian.

Maybe a few beers over the course of the night. Usually not enough to get wasted or anything. I wouldn't do it doing progress raiding because yes by the end of the night with tension, frustrations, and the need to peek proform because yeah it could take my edge a little. Mostly the ability to focus on every little detail. But if I am sitting on the sofa playing some Maddan with my oldest son doesn't hurt to have some brews while we split a pizza.

It's like drinking in general. As long as you don't go to far and you don't do it when it doesn't make sense to not drink then your good. Pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Isn't that why people drink? You can drink plenty of other drinks free of alcohol that taste much better.
    I spent the most of my 18th year getting wasted. Then I realized it's way better to have 2 drinks, have fun with friends without throwing up, come home with no difficulty, and remember that you had fun afterwards.
    I like the taste of some alcoholic drinks, that's why I still drink them. Plus, it's still kind of a cultural thing, so when you go out with friends, it's normal to have a beer or something. But I'd probably stop that if I didn't enjoy the taste.

Yep, buzzed gaming is the best! Done it while progressing raids, PvPing BGs, solo content, or play other games like OW or w/e moba I'm into.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

in vanilla and a bit in tbc albeit not as much there were way too many people raiding drunk, 99% of them dps.

Now i dont think you can do it anymore, too many buttons, procs, rotations, fire and mechanics to dodge.

Funnily enough whenever these people weren`t on the bosses simply didnt seem to die lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Is this a serious questions?

On Topic. Yes I drink when I play, however I do not get drunk during raids or when other players depend on me.

Nope, if you're gonna drink then you do it with friends or outside. Not at home to play games.