Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    Deleted

Class Hall Optimization for gold

I'm raising each of my alts to 110, grabbing all their Artifact Weapons, and working towards completing the Class Hall Campaigns, and Broken Shore Campaigns for each (for the mount). Since I'm letting them idle a lot, I thought I might as well use the class halls to hoover up some extra gold using the legion app.

I have a few questions about the gold missions in the class halls.

1. Are they like the old pre-nerf garrisons, where each alt has the same chance at getting gold missions as the other ones? Or is it like post-nerf garrisons where you get diminishing returns? I now have 4 110's, and the gold missions on my main seem to have dropped off. Might be unlucky, but not sure, may be coincidental.

2. Worth raising the class champion's to ilvl900? I seemed to get more benefit and gold missions at ilvl850 which seems odd.

3. Worth buying class hall upgrades to 7 for the extra follower? Seems a lot of order resources for little gain, so I'm reluctant to invest.

4. I assume the old +10% success, +15% success, and +40% success > 8hrs are the go to champion equipment to use?

The alts are purely going to do gold missions, nothing else, so I just need info on setting them up in an optimal fashion

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post
    1. Are they like the old pre-nerf garrisons, where each alt has the same chance at getting gold missions as the other ones? Or is it like post-nerf garrisons where you get diminishing returns? I now have 4 110's, and the gold missions on my main seem to have dropped off. Might be unlucky, but not sure, may be coincidental.

2. Worth raising the class champion's to ilvl900? I seemed to get more benefit and gold missions at ilvl850 which seems odd.

3. Worth buying class hall upgrades to 7 for the extra follower? Seems a lot of order resources for little gain, so I'm reluctant to invest.

4. I assume the old +10% success, +15% success, and +40% success > 8hrs are the go to champion equipment to use?

The alts are purely going to do gold missions, nothing else, so I just need info on setting them up in an optimal fashion
    1. Somewhat unclear, most of my alts do get at least one gold mission per day. There are six now, you might have to run some no-gold missions to cause some missions just seem to never expire.
    2. Probably not. 850 should be enough for just gold, you'll miss out on the rare 900 missions from the broken shore. but they dont give pure or direct gold. Might want to get a few to 900 just for them but keep some low ilevs in the active roster.
    3. Shouldnt be needed. But worth it if you wanna go 900 on some toons.
    4. +30, +40 on 8h+ missions and then some +10/15 success or -10/15 duration. Depending on preference. Try and get Meatball on all toons to.

The problem will be getting resources for them all, you have to play a few toons and exchange blood for resources. Toons that have the oh-ability to instant finish a wq are prefered since they can be self sufficient after setup.
    Last edited by looorg; 2017-05-15 at 04:09 PM.

I am at 10 decked out class halls right now. I don't think the exact WoD operation is possible in Legion, you will have to go get resources. Gold missions cost 350 resources, give 2k gold at 200%, so that's 4 Bloods of Sargeras for 4k gold. I don't really focus on gold since 7.2, mostly send AP missions so I might not be correct.

1. No diminishing returns from character to character, missions take some time to come back though and I do believe other missions clog up the table.
    2. I take that back, past 850 gold missions exist and give more gold. You should upgrade then.
    3. If this is a strictly gold making operation then no.
    4. Missions come in all types, under 8, exactly 8 and more than 8 if you don't counter. Can't cover everything.
    Last edited by f4ncybear; 2017-05-15 at 07:25 PM.

I use a lot of alts and gold is priority in my order halls. Never checked any guide, I just go with what I think is best to optimize mission success and so far it's working pretty well.

I gear them with 30/40% over 8h, direct +10/15% chance and increased chance when with your best troop type. With this you can get 200% on most missions, even the ones lower than 8h. Not sure about ilvl, but I just raise everyone to 900 because it's easy and I *think* ilvl does help with mission success chance when you are above the required ilvl. Also I don't see other missions taking "mission slots", you will just have a bunch of missions.

I don't think anyone's really studied if the gold orderhall missions have diminishing returns.

The most optimal route is likely to level the followers on 3 of your L110 classes with the daily WQ auto-complete talent to 900 and leave the followers on the 3 other classes at 850. Ideally your main is not one of these classes.

Then for the 6 classes without the WQ autocomplete talent, ideally one of them is your main and he'll be itemlvl 900. For the remaining 5, you leave their followers at itemlvl 800 so their missions don't compete.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm basing my answers on having 9 "decked out" class halls, with numbers 10 through 12 being works in progress. I've also been using Jabari11's guides on the WoW subreddit. (Patch 7.2 guide can be found here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post
    I strongly believe there aren't diminishing returns.

It has to do with 7.2 class hall missions being added to the pool. That said, I haven't seen much effect. YMMV.

Yes! To quote Jabari11 from /r/wow, "You get an extra Spec and three equipment slots over the extra troop type - this allows you to keep a full time Combat Ally without losing any ability to do missions."

And having a combat ally is good, because you can then equip a +order resource item or two for when you are out completing world quests (which is a must if you don't want to run out of OR).

I also very highly recommend getting Meatball, who has +75% bonus towards Bosses and a chance to return with an item that you can apply as a temp buff to your followers. His only real weakness is that he doesn't counter any threats, so be wary of that if you're facing any Cursed counters.

Increased success chance on >8 hours is a good start, but:

* Keep an eye out for equipment that gives a flat increase (ignore the +5% version unless you have nothing better)
    * Equipment that further boosts the success chance when the champion is accompanied by a certain troop type (preferably a +30% troop)

The more versatile your followers are, the better.

FYI: Unlike the garrison missions from WoD, Legion class hall missions do not expire. The only exception is rare-type missions, which remains unchanged from WoD.

This can potentially affect how often you'll have gold missions appear in the missions roster since you can only have so many missions available and you would be cycling more slowly through them. It's why I typically have 3 -- sometimes even 4 when I can manage it -- missions going on each character.

Edit: Welp, I learned something new. I would keep in mind that doing less missions will still effect how often new ones appear, however.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2017-05-27 at 08:30 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Once flying hit and it was easier to get alts to 110, I started to move more alts from 100-110.

Some classes are WAY harder to get established due to class hall perks. They really should have given every class the ability to buy armaments with resources. The classes I have at 110 that can do this are way better for missions, though the others are slowly catching up but I kill about 2-3 months on missions for armor or relic slot items.

Meatball is ESSENTIAL for every class. With 2 other champs he can push every gold mission to 200%, and once you get 3 relics on him, he can pretty much do it solo.

I get about 2k a day average from gold missions. Once I get 4-5 of my weaker 110s maxed out in the mission area I will definitely be making about 4k a day average.

About resources: Champ as bodyguard with 50/100 resource per WQ helps a lot, so does 100 resource per WQ w/ bodyguard classhall trait.

I find invasions usually has 1-2 rewards of resources, especially for the 1 shot bosses. I rotate my chars to snatch up that. For example, today there was one for 750 resources. I just hit only that 1 boss with all my low resource 110s for fast resources.

If you go around and hit up the WQ with resources it pays, also doing WQ pays off as most times you get 500-1000 from the chest, and the paragon chests are always gold/resources for me.

I actually have found the mini-game of missions to be fun. Finding the right mix for your specific class and then waiting on the relics you need to make them go from good to awesome is a cool thing, for me at least.

I just have to find the motivation to move my last 4 classes to 110...its hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the 7th follower so you can get Combat Allies that don't interfere with missions. Make sure you have 1 of each ability counter too. Once you have Meatball, you may want to swap out +10% success chance with +15% speed when you have it - Balls can ensure that you get the gold bonus quite easily, and Meatball is basically 200% success chance anyway.

Combat Allies are the real big deal for gold farming though - With luck, you can get +150 gold per WQ, and even if you just get 1 gold leg, thats still 125 gold per WQ. As long as they are "quick", they become worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

One help would be to bind your regular hearthstone to some place out on the broken isles, just to shorten the time it takes to get out there to do WQs for order hall resources. Use the dalaran hearthstone to return of course.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The best thing to 200% the gold missions (since i dont think ANY of them are under 8 hours) is the 20, 30, and 40% bonus to missions over 8 hours.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The best thing to 200% the gold missions (since i dont think ANY of them are under 8 hours) is the 20, 30, and 40% bonus to missions over 8 hours.
    There are plenty of 6h and 8h gold missions (8h is probably the most common gold missions duration)

I am doing this myself, eventually going for 12, one of each class, at seven atm with the eighth having just dinged 110 and gearing up followers.

First, refer to https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._guide_for_72/ for which champions to use for each class. Saves you some work and it's worked very well for me so far. Generally though it's just 2x each spec and 2x each counter and this provides you those combos, some with alternatives. This will also tell you which order hall upgrades to pick which is key in doing this also. This is not my guide.

1. From my experience, no, but this could change in a future patch. This does require you to be proactive and acquire the resources to keep doing these unlike garrisons which just gave them to you so they'll most likely leave it alone for now. I kept track of it for one week and I got anywhere from 6-9 gold missions per character per week, though I'd say 7 a week is about what you can expect. Sometimes you will get none at all for a couple days in a row and sometimes you will get several to spawn in a single day. They seem to despawn in roughly about a day in a half if you don't do them. You can even get the same gold mission 2 or 3 times a week.

2. Depends what you want. If you're just doing it for gold than at this point, there is little to gain going higher than 850. The bonus gold is exactly the same at 1,500. Though the standard gold does seem to be a bit higher on average at 900, the missions also cost 100 more (350 at 900 vs 250 at 850) which certainly adds up. It also goes without saying that it's going to require a lot more equipment to get all your followers up there.

3. Probably yeah. This is a pretty steep investment right off, especially if you're trying to to this on several characters, but in the long term it will certainly pay for itself and make it easier to stock up resources when you're getting low.

4. The best items are generally plus 20/15% to T2 troops and the 15%/10% completion % chance tokens, or obviously any legendary item with those traits plus a bonus. With those combos you can pretty much 200% *any* mission with just two followers and a t2 troop, and you don't even need them at legendary to do so. In fact I've been able to 200% some of them with only rare followers. As mentioned 8h is the most common gold mission timer in which the 8 hour % increase chance token is not enabled, as it has to be longer.

5 or 6 classes have the option to complete a world quest every 18 hours, and I'd suggest taking that one when available. Especially when you're doing this on a bunch of alts it's a very quick way to just log in and pick up some resources; there is almost always at least a couple missions that award 600+, and sometimes ones that give 700 or more or even up to 10 bloods which you could then turn into 2k resources. It does cost 100 per day but if you are using resources only for gold this will keep them self-sustaining with some surplus over time. It's also a great way to pick away at such things such as the doing 200 WQ for your hidden alternate color or even your pvp appearance if you care about such things.

It's definitely not the quickest way to make tons of gold, but if you do this for one year with 12 characters, each earning 2k a day, you will earn around 9 million gold. Especially if you are like me and are going to level alts anyways it's pretty easy money. Obviously they could change it to give DR if more people start doing this (especially with how easy it is to level alts now), but it's Blizzard so they could also add even more lucrative gold missions in a future patch.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2017-05-24 at 08:44 PM.

Get meatball, give him fetish (15% mission success rate), a tier 2 follower bonus token (20%) and random 3rd token, this puts ANY gold mission with metaball + 1 tier 2 follower at AT LEAST 75+15+20+30 = 140%. Getting remaining 60 should be ez with any random follower, who has a slowing counter (the one that doubles mission duration) or/and a curse counter (the one that prevents getting success chance above 100%). Use meatball's bonus orbs if somehow u failed to get 200% at this point.

And here I am trying to get 8k for the 2nd legendary slot.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I generally use 2 >8 hour duration bonus and 1 generic 10/15%. Since they also work great for Sentinax missions which are always nearly 3 days (or 2 days and a bit on some class)

Unless they got bonus to followers or their health, then I try to use 2 +follower bonus items.

Focusing on shortening mission duration, or <4 hour mission items seems hardly worth it, and only done it on champs with a base -20% duration.

Most times I 200% any 2 missions , sometimes 3.

900 gold missions give a little more, and 900 is needed if you want to do ToS missions for an extra item bag in 7.2.5.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-25 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Once flying hit and it was easier to get alts to 110, I started to move more alts from 100-110.

Some classes are WAY harder to get established due to class hall perks. They really should have given every class the ability to buy armaments with resources. The classes I have at 110 that can do this are way better for missions, though the others are slowly catching up but I kill about 2-3 months on missions for armor or relic slot items.

Meatball is ESSENTIAL for every class. With 2 other champs he can push every gold mission to 200%, and once you get 3 relics on him, he can pretty much do it solo.

I get about 2k a day average from gold missions. Once I get 4-5 of my weaker 110s maxed out in the mission area I will definitely be making about 4k a day average.

About resources: Champ as bodyguard with 50/100 resource per WQ helps a lot, so does 100 resource per WQ w/ bodyguard classhall trait.

I find invasions usually has 1-2 rewards of resources, especially for the 1 shot bosses. I rotate my chars to snatch up that. For example, today there was one for 750 resources. I just hit only that 1 boss with all my low resource 110s for fast resources.

If you go around and hit up the WQ with resources it pays, also doing WQ pays off as most times you get 500-1000 from the chest, and the paragon chests are always gold/resources for me.

I actually have found the mini-game of missions to be fun. Finding the right mix for your specific class and then waiting on the relics you need to make them go from good to awesome is a cool thing, for me at least.

I just have to find the motivation to move my last 4 classes to 110...its hard.
    how long do you play per day to keep that up?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    FYI: Unlike the garrison missions from WoD, Legion class hall missions do not expire. The only exception is rare-type missions, which remains unchanged from WoD.

This can potentially affect how often you'll have gold missions appear in the missions roster since you can only have so many missions available and you would be cycling more slowly through them. It's why I typically have 3 -- sometimes even 4 when I can manage it -- missions going on each character.
    This is SO F***ING WRONG. All Legion Order Hall missions have a duration of exactly 1day 12h from the time they spawn. Exceptions are the rare OH quests which have a varying duration (10 days for raid missions, 3 days for dungeon quests and Command Center Missions, can't remember the duration of the pvp and the pet battle ones.)

If you wanna see the duration of OH missions, install Master Plan and instead of opening the Order Hall panel by left clicking, open FIRST the Garrison Panel with right clicking, THEN the Order Hall panel. The duration of missions will be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    how long do you play per day to keep that up?
    I play about 3-4hrs a day and maybe 8hrs a day on one of the weekend days. I usually do 1hr before work rotation of all mission boards, and after work I do some WQ until I am bored and then logout.

I do all PVP objectives on one character I am trying to prestige up with, every day as well, so that takes time.

I don't spend much time on the broken shore.

Getting at least 870 on your chars makes WQ go much faster. So that should also be a priority.

I usually wait until 3 days of WQ are up too on the char so I can save time by say doing a warden's which will also benefit that zone's questline. Either warden or Kirin Tor combine with the zone that is up, which saves time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    This is SO F***ING WRONG. All Legion Order Hall missions have a duration of exactly 1day 12h from the time they spawn. Exceptions are the rare OH quests which have a varying duration (10 days for raid missions, 3 days for dungeon quests and Command Center Missions, can't remember the duration of the pvp and the pet battle ones.)

If you wanna see the duration of OH missions, install Master Plan and instead of opening the Order Hall panel by left clicking, open FIRST the Garrison Panel with right clicking, THEN the Order Hall panel. The duration of missions will be visible.
    Thank you. Edited post accordingly.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Currently working on this myself. The actual ammount of work required wasn't actually as high as i thought it would be. 11/13 done so far, with a 108 and a 101 left. Not looking forward to running meatball on 12 characters simultaneously.