Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoffman has an absolute cannon, that was such a sick shot.

https://streamable.com/k5stz

Must be awkward to be that...not Penguins goalie who let the shot go through. Game 7, 2OT, and suddenly after such a hard fought game it goes off your stick and into the net.

Well, at least I won't be split in who I'm cheering for now.

Was worried if I said anything earlier I'd jinx it but... "mediocre" Ottawa is eliminated!

Won't be disappointed if Nashville wins but don't think I can root against the team that beat Caps and Sens.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    sucks for them, Pageau with the screen lool

Odd being in the Western Conference, I really don't understand the hate for the Caps and Sens. Should be an interesting series. Both teams play an up tempo style, so even without Joey and Fiala I expect the game plan to be similar to the Chicago series. Arvy and Forsberg should have much more room out there, and Jarnkrok shouldn't be getting beat to a pulp and pushed around either. Obviously we are the underdogs, but after the last series I'm not doubting our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Odd being in the Western Conference, I really don't understand the hate for the Caps and Sens.
    A lot of rivalries inside the Atlantic (Leafs/Bruins, Leafs/Sens, Leafs/Habs, Sens/Habs, Bruins/Habs) and Metro (Rangers/Pens, Rangers/Flyers, Rangers/Devils, Rangers/Isles, Rangers/Caps, Pens/Caps, Pens/Flyers) are all more passionate (IMO) than any inside the West besides maybe California and Flames/Oilers.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2017-05-26 at 01:05 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Odd being in the Western Conference, I really don't understand the hate for the Caps and Sens. Should be an interesting series. Both teams play an up tempo style, so even without Joey and Fiala I expect the game plan to be similar to the Chicago series. Arvy and Forsberg should have much more room out there, and Jarnkrok shouldn't be getting beat to a pulp and pushed around either. Obviously we are the underdogs, but after the last series I'm not doubting our guys.
    Probably because of their inconsistency. Ottawa repeatedly fails to get the job done, have been perennial chokers in the playoffs for their entire existence and have always had a stupid fan base not fully supporting the team. Washington is very much the same in that regard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Probably because of their inconsistency. Ottawa repeatedly fails to get the job done, have been perennial chokers in the playoffs for their entire existence and have always had a stupid fan base not fully supporting the team. Washington is very much the same in that regard.
    They are both teams from capital cities. So let's blame capitalism!

I really hope Nashville wins the cup.... but I have my doubts. Those injuries, especially Johansen, might be too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lots of people hate Crosby for his whining early in his career. idk about Caps hate but theyve been a perennial powerhouse with a history of ineptitude in the playoffs. I don't like Pittsburgh because they have 4 superstars when healthy and just seem to get these lucky pickups. Doesnt hurt when you have the best player in the world, that will always draw haters. See, LeBron James and Tom Brady.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    lots of people hate Crosby for his whining early in his career. idk about Caps hate but theyve been a perennial powerhouse with a history of ineptitude in the playoffs. I don't like Pittsburgh because they have 4 superstars when healthy and just seem to get these lucky pickups. Doesnt hurt when you have the best player in the world, that will always draw haters. See, LeBron James and Tom Brady.
    Lots of people hate Crosby, but not because he is the best player in the world.

I don't think there were many people who hated Gretzky, Lemieux or Jagr....
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Lots of people hate Crosby, but not because he is the best player in the world.

I don't think there were many people who hated Gretzky, Lemieux or Jagr....
    Because there weren't whiners back then. And one also must remember that during the 80's and 90's, there were guys who existed merely to protect the star players. Whether they fought or not didn't matter, because they made their presence felt on the ice. There are too many sissy boys in the league today who whine and not enough tough guys who will stand up for their teammates against the dirty players.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    A lot of rivalries inside the Atlantic (Leafs/Bruins, Leafs/Sens, Leafs/Habs, Sens/Habs, Bruins/Habs) and Metro (Rangers/Pens, Rangers/Flyers, Rangers/Devils, Rangers/Isles, Rangers/Caps, Pens/Caps, Pens/Flyers) are all more passionate (IMO) than any inside the West besides maybe California and Flames/Oilers.
    Hawks/Blues and Kings/Ducks definitely match most of those rivalries.

Toxigen wins the Bracket Challenge btw for the 3rd time in 4 years. Congrats
    Last edited by Stommped; 2017-05-26 at 04:42 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Because there weren't whiners back then. And one also must remember that during the 80's and 90's, there were guys who existed merely to protect the star players. Whether they fought or not didn't matter, because they made their presence felt on the ice. There are too many sissy boys in the league today who whine and not enough tough guys who will stand up for their teammates against the dirty players.
    don cherry is that you

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    don cherry is that you
    lol I'd be pretty poorly dressed but I'd probably be fairly wealthy if I were Don Cherry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Hawks/Blues and Kings/Ducks definitely match most of those rivalries.

Toxigen wins the Bracket Challenge btw for the 3rd time in 4 years. Congrats
    The dynasty is real.

I get that, but the original post I quoted was Caps and Sens. I mean I can understand being annoyed by the Caps and their inability to do anything, but hate? Meh

Sens I just don't really get at all. They haven't been good enough for me to understand why anyone would hate them. It would be like fans hating us, it kind of doesn't make sense. Well I guess I could see Columbus hating us when they were in the Central, we beat them like 32 straight times in our barn.

Ugh..Pittsburgh again. As a Caps fan its just so aggravating. Back to back dominant regular seasons only to see our arch rival knock us out of the playoffs and then go on to the Finals, possibly win back to back Cups.

Go Nashville.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get that, but the original post I quoted was Caps and Sens. I mean I can understand being annoyed by the Caps and their inability to do anything, but hate? Meh

Sens I just don't really get at all. They haven't been good enough for me to understand why anyone would hate them. It would be like fans hating us, it kind of doesn't make sense. Well I guess I could see Columbus hating us when they were in the Central, we beat them like 32 straight times in our barn.
    whoops I read pens haha. people hated the Sens because they play the 1-3-1 system which is boring to watch most of th3 time.

The.two largest fan bases both dislike Sens from a rivalry perspective. That's the only reason why it seems excessive. I dislike the Caps for beating us in the playoffs this year for example, but that'll go away next year. I hate the Sens and that isn't going anywhere.