Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Go fuck yourself please".

10+ Year Old Account
    Stare at them with a half-closed eye, stand silent, and when they speak again to ask what you are dong, interrupt them by saying "So the stories were true...". Then start walking backwards slowly, while whispering gibberish and occasionally chuckling, ignoring everything they might say. If they still insist, shout out the following word: "GEBAHSTI!", turn and run as far as you can.

There, I just avoided you many inconveniences. You're welcome!

"My uncle just died I gotta go to his funeral."

works every time

otherwise you can say "I'd rather kill myself than go to your boring party. Every one of your friends (except me) sucks. Don't ever dare invite me again."

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    It's called being tactful and letting people down easy. They do fit. You can be honest without being rudely blunt.
    saying "Maybe a different time" when you are not interested is not being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    saying "Maybe a different time" when you are not interested is not being honest.
    People for the most part understand that you're not interested if you say that here.

10+ Year Old Account
    How old are you that you have to ask on a forum how to do basic stuff like that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    As someone with Crohn's Disease, that excuse works amazingly for getting out of shit (lol) you don't wanna do.

Teh proofz, it says Ulcerative Colitis, but a full colonoscopy in 2015 found it to be Crohn's Disease: http://i.imgur.com/KMiQx1e.jpg
    I became aware of it back in college. Then and for a few years thereafter, I was in a twice-a-week Call of Cthulhu rpg group and one of the other players had it.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks I have (insert random but important sounding thing) to do in the morning so I better get some sleep. Assuming this is some sort of evening/night time affair since that's the only times I go out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I became aware of it back in college. Then and for a few years thereafter, I was in a twice-a-week Call of Cthulhu rpg group and one of the other players had it.
    It's not a fun disease to have. Most people don't understand how bad it can be since it's an invisible illness, and how badly it can affect your life. If you look at that imgur link I listed and look how often I was in hospital because of it. In and out every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    It's called being tactful and letting people down easy. They do fit. You can be honest without being rudely blunt.
    Not with the experience and conversations I've had with dudes. You're blunt with them, or they take it as 'keep trying'. So saying 'not right now' is a 'keep trying'. If you're not interested, lay them off definitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I guess it depends on your relationship with the person you're declining. I've personally used "I'm not up for XXX tonight" on friends, because it was the truth. With people I don't consider friends, again, I just tell them the truth "Sorry, not much of a XXXer" (golfer, drinker, etc).
    Well, it depends on why you're declining, imo.

If there's a particular reason you're declining (whether the activity, or scheduling conflict, or w/e), then you should include that.... but only if you're open to another time/activity with the person/people. If you simply don't want to spend time in that person's company, then "No, thanks." is the best response, with no excuses that may be open to misinterpretation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Just make up some white lie to let them down easy.
    In which case you are a hypocrite and a dishonest person. That's not my way. I'm about sincerity and authenticity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In which case you are a hypocrite and a dishonest person. That's not my way. I'm about sincerity and authenticity.
    Aids is pretty authentic as well, but no one wants it around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, it's nice of you to ask but I'm not interested.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Then just say "no thanks, I am not interested." It is not rude unless you make it that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    So why did you ask this question in the first place?

Just say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

"No, thank you for the offer though."
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

just say, you're tennisace and im not the last person on earth, you got no chance m8.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No.
    /10chars.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it