Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Saw this on FOX news.

And I thought it was interesting to note even the author seem flummoxed over the response he was receiving to making a general observation.

Big-time backlash: When all polling on Donald Trump is dismissed as fake - Fox News
    https://apple.news/ADzak0DN_TTWcauhUbCfRGQ

Now I'm not going to debate Trump's merit as a president because pretty much everyone is sick of reading those, but to me this does highlight the effective power someone in a high ranking office can have over their constituents. Blindly following someone to this degree seems almost like a cult of personality to me.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-05-26 at 03:43 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The link isn't working for some reason...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

This is the link: https://apple.news/ADzak0DN_TTWcauhUbCfRGQ (Have to reply with quote and it reveals the link... he pasted in stuff that isn't a URL)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The link isn't working for some reason...
    How about now? I'm not used to making threads .

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, a guy on FOX News (granted, I haven't watched FOX News) who seems reasonable and makes sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Interesting, a guy on FOX News (granted, I haven't watched FOX News) who seems reasonable and makes sense!
    Their news section isn't that bad honestly. You can tell there is a bias in the stories they pick but the journalism is alright for the most part. It's the opinion section you or anyone else should steer well clear of, oh and the comment section...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    How do we fight ignorance?

Why has the US population become so hostile to intelligent discourse?
    Because it's easier to lash out than learn a new thing. Especially when the media has finally and utterly succeeded in convincing the general public in the US that they are, in fact, god's chosen nation and second to none. When you're running around the world actually believing that not only are you the actual, living master race, but everyone should bow down to you, it doesn't sit well when they tell you to fuck off and show some manners if you can't at least take part in an intelligent discussion.

Now, this isn't the actual public in the US. But there is a large portion of the population in the US that behaves like this. And the rest is too dumbfounded to reason with them. Sociologically, this could be quite interesting, I'd assume if I had any clue about sociology.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, it's not a problem limited to the right either. Not too long ago I was called "a horrible judgemental doctor who had no business being in medicine" just because I suggested someone use a condom while their prescription of Truvada wasn't available...

I didn't even know there was a term such as "condom nazi" before that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Yeah, it's not a problem limited to the right either. Not too long ago I was called "a horrible judgemental doctor who had no business being in medicine" just because I suggested someone use a condom while their prescription of Truvada wasn't available...

I didn't even know there was a term such as "condom nazi" before that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    I did a quick Google search for that drug... am I wrong or should they not be using condoms regardless?

Edit: I mean they should wear them all the time, feel like I phrased that wrong.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I did a quick Google search for that drug... am I wrong or should they not be using condoms regardless?

Edit: I mean they should wear them all the time, feel like I phrased that wrong.
    They should absolutely be using condoms along with using that drug. It doesn't protect you from the myriad of other STI's out there, only HIV.

because its there has been an ongoing assault on education and its working, Trump is the poster child of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Because it's easier to lash out than learn a new thing. Especially when the media has finally and utterly succeeded in convincing the general public in the US that they are, in fact, god's chosen nation and second to none. When you're running around the world actually believing that not only are you the actual, living master race, but everyone should bow down to you, it doesn't sit well when they tell you to fuck off and show some manners if you can't at least take part in an intelligent discussion.

Now, this isn't the actual public in the US. But there is a large portion of the population in the US that behaves like this. And the rest is too dumbfounded to reason with them. Sociologically, this could be quite interesting, I'd assume if I had any clue about sociology.
    Wait.. what?

What media is saying that we are god's chosen nation? Everything on the news is either: You are all bad, and you should feel bad for being who you are, unless you are a minority or Well, everything was taken out of context, what he really meant to say/mean is *insert stupid over the top revision of what trump said*.

I am bombarded with you are bad and should feel bad all the time, every day. I don't remember the last time I/we were portrayed in any sort of a good light from the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    because its there has been an ongoing assault on education and its working, Trump is the poster child of it.
    You don't really get to talk about an assault on education with terrible punctuation.

Because when you try to have a conversation that is more than "listen to me telling you all the ways you've fucked up" from the other side you get called a racist, homophobic, xenophobic, ect ect phobic.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Wait.. what?

What media is saying that we are god's chosen nation? Everything on the news is either: You are all bad, and you should feel bad for being who you are, unless you are a minority or Well, everything was taken out of context, what he really meant to say/mean is *insert stupid over the top revision of what trump said*.

I am bombarded with you are bad and should feel bad all the time, every day. I don't remember the last time I/we were portrayed in any sort of a good light from the media.
    Really? Then we're not watching the same media. Btw, I don't necessarily mean only "news media".
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    And I thought it was interesting to note even the author seem flummoxed over the response he was receiving to making a general observation.

Big-time backlash: When all polling on Donald Trump is dismissed as fake - Fox News

Now I'm not going to debate Trump's merit as a president because pretty much everyone is sick of reading those, but to me this does highlight the effective power someone in a high ranking office can have over their constituents. Blindly following someone to this degree seems almost like a cult of personality to me.
    These are the same poll people who had Clinton at a 99% chance to win, Trump 1%. It is fake news. For so many reasons. Perhaps you should take a look at the methodology of HOW and WHERE they perform those polls before you start lending credence to them

Cults of personality are indeed dangerous. While I find trump Entertaining, it is worrisome that some are willing to excuse his uncouth actions out of hand.

Lets not pretend that the left doesn't do the same though, It makes me face palm every time I see a iphone using, starbucks sipping college communist wearing a Che T-shirt. they dismiss the fact that he was a blood thirsty murderer who hated gays and blacks (that's the mortal sin to leftists, not the fact that he was a murderer).

Its a by product of years of dumbing down of the population. From American Idol, to the rise in popularity of the Kardashians, to social media whores to click baits, etc. etc.

Not everyone mind you, but enough of the population to make a difference(see results of the election).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    These are the same poll people who had Clinton at a 99% chance to win, Trump 1%. It is fake news. For so many reasons. Perhaps you should take a look at the methodology of HOW and WHERE they perform those polls before you start lending credence to them
    You don't seem to understand how "chances" work.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    You don't seem to understand how "chances" work.
    Yup, Trump totally won by a 1% chance. It didn't have anything to do with networks and poll data being completely retarded. Given that they didn't change the way they collect their data to be more accurate or more representative, people will continue to look at it and say hey fake news.