Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Doesn't that just reinforce that it's not religion, but culture/region?
    Do you think it's culture/region convincing them that there's a positive afterlife when they are putting on their suicide vests?

Seems more like a culture thing more than religion. There's over 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world, shouldn't there be more widespread attacks every day in every country if the problem is just religion?
    Every 5 minutes a christian dies because of his relgion, should we start getting concerned when its reach seconds ?

Deleted
    Christianity needed a good 2000 years until we started behaving like grown ups. Islam is way younger. He's currently hitting puberty hence all the ruckus.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Christianity needed a good 2000 years until we started behaving like grown ups. Islam is way younger. He's currently hitting puberty hence all the ruckus.
    You say that like the length of time a religion has existed even matters to how it's followers act in the current age.

This comment has no basis in fact.
    Humans are instrinsically valuable by virtue of the kind of thing that we are, a human. We are not valuable because of our size, our stage of development, our degree of dependency, our location, or a function we can immediately perform.

Hey atleast they are now bombing the shit out of terrorist camps in libya and ground troops will follow.

Seems more like a culture thing more than religion. There's over 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world, shouldn't there be more widespread attacks every day in every country if the problem is just religion?
    How dare you use logic?
    Shame on you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't that just reinforce that it's not religion, but culture/region?
    yep, As the region evolves so does whatever lives in that region.

Our regions used to resemble their political and social constructs and so did our main religion. Religion is shaped by who practices it, not the other way around. Otherwise you wouldn't have dozens of different schools of thought within a single religion based on a single book.

Fun fact, Bush jr said he was called upon by God to end the tyranny in Iraq.

It's not exactly unexpected. Most acts of terror happen in Muslim countries and if not towards a minority, then towards other Muslims.

The fact that people living privileged lives in financial security can be convinced that blowing themselves and a ton of innocents up in the name of stories is a scary one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a matter of time but a matter of the religion being allowed to grow in a stable and safe environment. And even when Islam gets their western version when we stop it being controlled here from outside of the west, there will still be issues since the middle east is one hot mess that will probably never will be fully resolved.

Tbf, quite a lot of shit has been going on in the name of Christian/Catholic religion in our time as well.

Not The Crusades or Spanish Inquisition-style shit, but just look at the biblethumping belt...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Tbf, quite a lot of shit has been going on in the name of Christian/Catholic religion in our time as well.

Not The Crusades or Spanish Inquisition-style shit, but just look at the biblethumping belt...
    Yea. I hate it when the biblethumpers burn the non-believers alive in cages.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Once again, its almost as they dont care about their safety there. They have also burned like a hundred churches to the ground there before

Happy i visited egypt 10 years ago, would not go there today.

Same in pakistan where they also love to attack minority groups.
    I'm confused by this statement. Why do say the Christians don't care about their own safety

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I'm confused by this statement. Why do say the Christians don't care about their own safety
    I was wrong they are bombing the shit out of terrorists in libya as pay back for the attack, good stuff they will put ground troops soon to so good luck terrorists you are getting fucked

And i was saying the egyptians dont care about the Christians not Christians dont care about christians.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-05-27 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    same type of perpetrator as manchester and every attack in recent history.

not too long ago we read about the time for strategic patience of the USA towards North-Korea coming to an end.. I wonder how long we'll have strategic patience with muslim extremism? It seems to me things have been slowly escalating for a while now, when will we get the wake up call?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    same type of perpetrator as manchester and every attack in recent history.

not too long ago we read about the time for strategic patience of the USA towards North-Korea coming to an end.. I wonder how long we'll have strategic patience with muslim extremism? It seems to me things have been slowly escalating for a while now, when will we get the wake up call?
    Actions have been taken, unless you believe the solution is to either ban a religion, can't be done even if you want it to unless you want to go full Stalin and still fail a it. Or round everyone up and put them in camps, refuse any and all refugees, again not realistic as those with bad intentions can still get here and those attacks are generally committed by homegrown terrorists, people recruited in the country of the attack.

Beyond that what can be done is breaking ties with certain nations that export and finance the root of this problematic branch of Islam but that means also cutting in our own flesh as those are economic interests that will be felt. There seems to be some more political support for this but i always tend to fade out before it gets turned into anything concrete.

Can't you acknowledge that specific religious ideas have a notable impact? (Oh and there are attacks every day in all muslim countries, did you forget the rhetoric of how the west doesn't care about those when it's not a westerner?)

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There are 2.2 billion Christians. How often do you hear about Christian extremists killing people?
    Often enough, though typically it isn't reported as such, because of local bias that people of their religion can't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Often enough, though typically it isn't reported as such, because of local bias that people of their religion can't be that bad.
    You believe the liberal-biased Western media covers up stories on white, Christian extremism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There are 2.2 billion Christians. How often do you hear about Christian extremists killing people?

To answer your question though, there are MULTIPLE Muslim Terrorist attacks almost every single day. They just occur in Muslim countries and usually don't get much press in the West unless they are large scale.

January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    So we can agree there are more muslim extremists than there are christian extremists, but that still doesn't mean we should be alright with either type of extremism.

Also, unless you're suddenly forgetting history, Christians have spent the last two thousand years terrorizing the world, especially in horrific acts like the crusades and the spanish inquisition. There is a reason there are 2.2 billion Christians in the world and that reason is conquest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    You believe the liberal-biased Western media covers up stories on white, Christian extremism?
    Liberal based? Hell no. But conservative based? Where they can deny whites peoples history of subjugation and slave mastery because white is right amirite?

I'm not saying conservatism is a problem. I'm saying conservatives that have such a thin grasp on politics and history are the problem.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.