They FINALLY fixed the typo in Lash of Insanity's spell trait description, though it's still in PTR. Never know if Blizzard decides to revert that change when the patch hits. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransen View Post
    They FINALLY fixed the typo in Lash of Insanity's spell trait description, though it's still in PTR. Never know if Blizzard decides to revert that change when the patch hits. Fingers crossed.
    And people said they'd never buff Shadow.

agreed. i'm pretty happy our tooltip fantasy finally matches our class fantasy. i really couldn't stand seeing the word "tentacle" every time i hovered over that trait.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    I hear you and the other dude -but- my VEruption with this legendary will make Void Eruption crit around 1 million on EACH dot applied with or without misery on a group with or without shadow crash, will my damage not shoot up a lot higher than on live?

Say we go into a fresh group of 4-5 and dot them up and do the usual of getting into Void Form, won't the damage of void eruption with this legendary not spike my damage substantially higher than on live, initially? Is that not burst damage? Am I missing something? How is each dot applied to each target making my Void Eruption do 400% more damage not give substantial burst atm when on live I can 'finish' a group at top or near top damage.

If the scenario is ST theres no point on using this legendary. If the scenario is new group, dot up, VF -> kill, rinse repeat this legendary is so worth it.

I'm calling it rn. This new leggy paired with Shadow Crash will decimate medium to high health multi targets like no other.

- - - Updated - - -

If the question is, 'Is this new legendary boring'?, no doubt it is. Will it have it's usefulness then yes it will just like every legendary has it's use even if it's not at every situation.
    The real problem is that this legendary is another legendary that buffs Shadow's multi-target DPS more than single target.

Like, the only legendary Shadow has that is pure single target power is Mangaza's Madness. For a spec that has such terrible single target, it's baffling to add another legendary with strong multidot scaling.

Haven't played in months, just got back and noticed the new Misery talent...fucking hell this is amazing. Such a small change like making both dots apply with one cast, just feels so much better.

Deleted
    This new legendary chest does not solve our issues in M+. If a pack has 4/5 mobs and it is worth dotting them up then we are a totally fine class for that pull anyways.

Our issue comes on actual burst aoe, think rats in arcway or imps in CoS, where the entire pull lasts 5-10s and there are 10mobs.

Using the new chest, casting swp on 5 of them, then enter Vform for some delayed damage. Seems barely better than swp one and channel MFlay.

Sheesh, if they want a legendary to buff eruption it might as well make VEr instant. Still won't fix our problems, but at least it's a QoL increase

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    This new legendary chest does not solve our issues in M+. If a pack has 4/5 mobs and it is worth dotting them up then we are a totally fine class for that pull anyways.

Our issue comes on actual burst aoe, think rats in arcway or imps in CoS, where the entire pull lasts 5-10s and there are 10mobs.

Using the new chest, casting swp on 5 of them, then enter Vform for some delayed damage. Seems barely better than swp one and channel MFlay.
    Thats where MS should be it's own spell. Can't begin to tell yu why they took it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Thats where MS should be it's own spell. Can't begin to tell yu why they took it out.
    I can. The original point of Mind Spike was to give us short term single target burst damage, way back in Cataclysm. Because Blizzard now believes we should be saddled with ramp-up at all times, the spell has no purpose; after a few weird iterations trying to find a new niche for it, they axed it.

As long as Blizzard believes it should take ~30 seconds for Shadow to ramp up we'll never see it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I can. The original point of Mind Spike was to give us short term single target burst damage, way back in Cataclysm. Because Blizzard now believes we should be saddled with ramp-up at all times, the spell has no purpose; after a few weird iterations trying to find a new niche for it, they axed it.

As long as Blizzard believes it should take ~30 seconds for Shadow to ramp up we'll never see it again.
    He meant Mind Sear not Mind Spike.

There are so many band aid fixes we could have bringing back Mind Sear to gives us aoe. The previous issue were with buffing Sear too much to replace Flay in non aoe situations.

Make Mind sear do 3x dmg on mobs without dots on.
    Give it a large dmg boost and a CD.
    Boost dmg but remove insanity generation.

Thats just off the top of my head.

Or just...y'know, make Mind Sear not require SWP on the target, that'd be nice.

Deleted
    Mind searing a pack of mobs still only does 700k dps, where as DHs/hunters/mages/affliction/warrior/monk/DK/ret can ll do 4-10mill dps

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post

I meant Mind Sear, my bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind searing a pack of mobs still only does 700k dps, where as DHs/hunters/mages/affliction/warrior/monk/DK/ret can ll do 4-10mill dps
    Yep, but our damage scales the longer they live and where our dilemma exists. Provide us with strong burst and we'll be OP in everything with the way our spec is currently designed. Even tho other specs are good in every situation, smh.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The chest Might be amusing to have in world pvp combined with zek. Quickly burst someone down before they know what hit them
    Last edited by Rustedsaint; 2017-05-27 at 02:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He meant Mind Sear not Mind Spike.

There are so many band aid fixes we could have bringing back Mind Sear to gives us aoe. The previous issue were with buffing Sear too much to replace Flay in non aoe situations.

Make Mind sear do 3x dmg on mobs without dots on.
    Give it a large dmg boost and a CD.
    Boost dmg but remove insanity generation.

Thats just off the top of my head.
    Thats the thing though, they buff mind sear they'll have to nerf our dots. In fights where we're progressing our dots are super strong, add the currwnt mindsear our damage raises even higher. The problem with our spec is how everything works with each other and how tightly woven the interactions are. Buff one thing and our damage becomes exponential. Hopefully in the next exspansion they do a rework of the spec especially if the expansion ties with the old gods

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Might be amusing to have in world pvp combined with zek. Quickly burst someone down before they know what hit them
    Def. That new legendary will make our Opener much more deadly. 400% on something that already does ok damage will be tough to ignore.

I dont get this pessimist/masochism thing where "they cant buff X without nerfing Y because we will be too good" FUCK THAT, the same mindset was used by the dev in SoO where shadow was at the bottom because the "Multi dot is aoe" and "lol utility" meme from the devs, why shadow has to be balanced differently? currently in live most of the classes are good at everything you throw at them, shadow priest problems can be solved by reworking a few talents but that would require them play the class for more than 1 hour and thats time the dev can spend playing dh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    currently in live most of the classes are good at everything you throw at them
    Yeah, Priest seems to be the only class that still suffers from Hybrid Tax.

Mage, Warrior, Rogue, DH, DK, Hunter, etc...almost every other class can excel at both ST and AoE with one spec, but Spriest? lol no, you have crap ST and even crappier AoE, also you have huge ramp-up time, fuck you priests.

shadow priest problems can be solved by reworking a few talents but that would require them play the class for more than 1 hour and thats time the dev can spend playing dh.
    Mmhm, that's one of the things I kinda hate about retail: so much broken and unbalanced shit that it feels like we're playing a never-ending beta test.

like disc's Shadow Covenant talent, which is absolute hot garbage in 99% of situations....yet it went through alpha and beta without receiving any real changes, went through 7.0 and 7.1 and still didn't get any changes, and even in 7.2.5, the only change it's getting is becoming instant cast, but it still sucks because the other talents in that row are better.

like seriously

do we even have a single disc priest player on the dev team

what the fuck
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-05-27 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, Priest seems to be the only class that still suffers from Hybrid Tax.
    Mage, Warrior, Rogue, DH, DK, Hunter, etc...almost every other class can excel at both ST and AoE with one spec, but Spriest? lol no, you have crap ST and even crappier AoE, also you have huge ramp-up time, fuck you priests.
    Yeah well, you know, the scapegoat principle? While shadow priests exist in current iteration, nobody can say that all dps specs can excel at everything.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I dont get this pessimist/masochism thing where "they cant buff X without nerfing Y because we will be too good" FUCK THAT, the same mindset was used by the dev in SoO where shadow was at the bottom because the "Multi dot is aoe" and "lol utility" meme from the devs, why shadow has to be balanced differently? currently in live most of the classes are good at everything you throw at them, shadow priest problems can be solved by reworking a few talents but that would require them play the class for more than 1 hour and thats time the dev can spend playing dh.
    It's not pessimism, it's realism.

Obviously Blizzard could fix this shit, but they won't. We know this because we have twelve years of precedent. They could have fixed this problem at any point in the last twelve years, but they have not; the only time shadow has excelled has been when Blizzard did not intend it or failed to understand the implications of the abilities they programmed into the game-- see DoTWeaving and S2M, to name a few.

Deleted
    whats the best talent setup for single target. mostly thinking about krosus mythic?