Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's around 3 minutes for the first phase, 4 for second and then 4-5 for last. "Around" should mean slightly less, but it still comes down to 11-12 minutes. Going much faster would require you to beat some awkward timers, like 3rd harvest or 2nd Empowered Hellfire.

I see the movement to bait empowered liquid hellfire in the Fatboss video, does the liquid hellfire only target ranged dps or does it target healers too?

It only targets range. It does not target healers. I believe it's mentioned in the fatboss video. If you are pushing in 3 minutes though, you don't need to move the boss at all during the entire phase. Move boss to edge to start. Drop 3x hellfire on one side. Then for the second set, drop it on the other side. Time for p2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    I see the movement to bait empowered liquid hellfire in the Fatboss video, does the liquid hellfire only target ranged dps or does it target healers too?
    Only ranged DPS. Healers can stay near the boss. Have them be somewhat spread until bonds though so they don't stack eye damage on the melee camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    It also won't target anyone that is currently in a bonds

What's the best way to handle the phase 1 combo: Eyes->empowered bonds immediately after? As healer's we're scrambling around trying to break people from bonds and not getting enough healing done, but there's also really limited time after those bonds before emp hellfire goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by jayheals View Post
    What's the best way to handle the phase 1 combo: Eyes->empowered bonds immediately after? As healer's we're scrambling around trying to break people from bonds and not getting enough healing done, but there's also really limited time after those bonds before emp hellfire goes out.
    You have to be spread for eyes, even if you land in a bad bonds spot. Hellfire cannot target players who have bonds on them, so spread, kill eyes, get as many bonds as you can with a healer scattering field, wait until the Hellfire is over and keep everyone up, then break in the 20 second downtime after hellfire ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You have to be spread for eyes, even if you land in a bad bonds spot. Hellfire cannot target players who have bonds on them, so spread, kill eyes, get as many bonds as you can with a healer scattering field, wait until the Hellfire is over and keep everyone up, then break in the 20 second downtime after hellfire ends.
    <3333 exactly what i needed

Quote Originally Posted by jayheals View Post
    Have ranged with immunities for their bonds (hunters mages) stand off to the side since they can break themselves out. Have everyone else try to be centralized in a way to get bonds towards the center, but spread out enough for eyes. Healer bubble should be able to cover everyone that got blasted to the middle, tank breaks self, hunters and mages break self.

I've seen guilds just loose stack and SLT, so that's an option.

Otherwise, self-breaks for bonds stand to the far side, people with movement speed (or blinks) next, then slow people in the center. If you get an Eye, you (under normal circumstances) cannot be targeted by bonds. Therefore, the second eyes go out, if you DON'T have an eye, you use your movement to fall into melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    Have ranged with immunities for their bonds (hunters mages) stand off to the side since they can break themselves out. Have everyone else try to be centralized in a way to get bonds towards the center, but spread out enough for eyes. Healer bubble should be able to cover everyone that got blasted to the middle, tank breaks self, hunters and mages break self.
    how can a mage break his bonds solo?

Quote Originally Posted by LacSappy View Post
    how can a mage break his bonds solo?
    There's a macro that essentially is /cast blink /cast iceblock Which makes them immune before the bond damage hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonqopura View Post
    Quick question here. We have roughly 50 pulls so far and have made it to ph2 8-10 times, 3 of which were good tries i.e. everyone was alive and we did not have to use any CR thus far. When would it be optimal to use hero, at the start of phase 1 to try and skip the 2nd add or at the end of phase 2? We did some tries with hero on phase 1 and we still had the 2nd add up (which is pretty much a waste of hero)but we were skipping the hellfires for the most part and the bonds.

What would be the best course of action for the first kill? I keep telling the group that using hero in phase 1 is a waste as it is much easier than phase 2 and the 2nd add does not really do anything. These are the logs from our previous attempts so that you can also see the raid damage. I cannot post links so I am just including the report id: /reports/DMCkLP94Y6y1Gc3f
    If you're getting the 2nd add, then you simply need more dps. Use hero as soon as you position Gul'dan following the pull. Using hero on the 2nd phase is a waste because you never get full uptime on the boss since everybody has to switch to the eye, deal with flames, storm, winds.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-05-27 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    If you're getting the 2nd add, then you simply need more dps. Use hero as soon as you position Gul'dan following the pull. Using hero on the 2nd phase is a waste because you never get full uptime on the boss since everybody has to switch to the eye, deal with flames, storm, winds.
    I don't see how it's a waste if you can deal with phase 1 cleanly, the add doesn't do much. The most difficult parts of the fight now are the eyes after storm, lust through them is a DPS and healing cooldown that should greatly ease p2 progression.

It's a waste if you're looking for good parses I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    There's a macro that essentially is /cast blink /cast iceblock Which makes them immune before the bond damage hits.
    *shimmer

10char

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there something I'm missing about first Nightorb threat? Despite mage easily tanking it until 10% health, it sometimes switches to a healer or a different person (and no, they didn't do more damage), for seemingly no reason. There's no Iceblock/Invisibility or anything that would logically cause such issues. Needless to say, having Barrage in middle of the raid while charging Essence is not fun. It seems to happen right after the second orb starts to cast, but it shouldn't be a problem to tank both at the same time?

I guess we could simply spread healers/one dps who helps with orb 1, but I don't recall this being mentioned as a problem.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-05-29 at 10:04 PM.

Probably the mage doesn't actually have aggro on Nightorb 2, which spawns slightly before you charge first essence.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    Probably the mage doesn't actually have aggro on Nightorb 2, which spawns slightly before you charge first essence.
    He does and it's Nightorb 1 changing targets for 1-2 casts and then going back to him - all while number two is already firing at him. Checking logs, it seems like it happens in quite a few kills, which is why I'm surprised this wasn't really mentioned before.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-05-29 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    He does and it's Nightorb 1 changing targets for 1-2 casts and then going back to him - all while number two is already firing at him. Checking logs, it seems like it happens in quite a few kills, which is why I'm surprised this wasn't really mentioned before.
    Just an rng thing. You can not have 2 night orbs fixated on you at the same time (they apply a debuff to their fixate target and if you already have the debuff you're not an eligible target). So when you have 2 night orbs up, 1 will automatically be on someone else. Usually this doesn't matter because you're headed for the bubble anyway. But if you're worried about it just have one of your tanks hit the 2nd Nightorb and hold the aoe cleave away from the group when moving into the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Just an rng thing. You can not have 2 night orbs fixated on you at the same time (they apply a debuff to their fixate target and if you already have the debuff you're not an eligible target). So when you have 2 night orbs up, 1 will automatically be on someone else. Usually this doesn't matter because you're headed for the bubble anyway. But if you're worried about it just have one of your tanks hit the 2nd Nightorb and hold the aoe cleave away from the group when moving into the bubble.
    I don't actually think that's true. Went over my logs just to make sure - you see our mage having 2x fixates here:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...46&view=events

Here:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...43&end=6381013

And one where they aren't applied in the same milisecond:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...46&end=5332441

Two of them are same milisecond applied so that COULD have been it, but one has .2 miliseconds of time difference, proving fairly well that the orbs can fixate on the same target twice. That's not the issue at hand. Nowadays we don't cut it nearly as close to the second orb spawning as we did back on those earlier kills, and have different mages doing it, so I can only find Lensi managing to do it over our 8x kills, but realistically, it doesn't seem like the debuffs' mutually exclusive.