Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aisatsana View Post
    Find how much calories you burn using a calculator...
    And fail...

Calorie counting doesn't work because it very much matters what the calorie is and what it's for. It is also the case that many people start making bad choices to squeeze in bad foods under their calorie limit. And precisely how is counting EVERYTHING easy? I mean, are you weighing foods down to the gram and then taking a best guess off the internet? Yeah, no slippage there...

Stop eating crap.

Eat high quality fats to about 65% of macros. Eat moderate amounts of high quality proteins to no more than 30% of macros. Eat around 7-10 ounces of good dark, leafy green vegetables every day to around 5% of macros for carbs. You won't worry about this amount of carb, it will most likely be around 30 grams or maybe even less.

You will eat no sugar, no bread, no pasta, no grains, no milk, no starchy veg, no fruit to speak of except maybe berries. You will eat coconut oil, olive oil and other high quality fats from animals that are caught free or grass fed. You will eat 85-100 grams of meat/eggs/cheese at most meals (that's about the size of a deck of cards). You won't count anything, or weigh very much - but perhaps just a few times to understand what normal human portions are supposed to look like. If you need further assistance here try measuring the right amounts of whatever and then eat them from bowls that fit that amount of food. You can easily find glass storage bowls with rubber lids in almost any size, and they clean and stack easily for storage. Once you measure say a salad get a bowl of that size, then just keep using the same bowl to eat that salad. Get a few bowls so that you aren't worried about just the one.

You will not fall for hype food fads like MCT oil unless you are actually under the instructions of a doctor to do so. You can't hack your body, it's not a computer and sees you coming. The body can be strangely resistant to anything you may be trying to do. It doesn't want to change, it wants the same old routine even if it kills you. Esp if the same old routine meant you were giving it sugar (aka crack to the brain).

Basically, you will eat like your grandparents or great-grandparents did, more or less.

I knew some folks that used to have eggs, bacon, and sausage every breakfast. They had heavy cream in their coffee. They grew abundant vegetables and herbs in their own backyard garden. They ate very little bread, grains, or pasta - not going to claim none here. They indulged sweets only very occasionally. But generally speaking they were naturally eating what human beings should eat. This couple lived to advanced years and died basically of old age.

So just do that. Your case will be more extreme at the start because you need to take back the damage that has been done. But eventually, you could just casually follow this basic plan and stay in range.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-05-26 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Keto meme bandwagoners are just as bad the low fat advocates.

Athletes, bodybuilders, models, actors, celebrities(without an agenda) all eat well balanced diets, but apparently they're wrong and fedora redditors and overweight guys who read a keto article apparently know this miracle diet that defies physics that just happens to be a super secret.

Even better when they do the "caveman" arguement, yeah, society really fell down the shitter when agriculture started, those stupid romans didn't know what's up, fred flinstone definitely fared better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Greetings everyone.
    My name is John and I would like to share a story.

So I am quite overweight. It has not troubled me in my everyday life but I 1 year ago decided to change my life to the better and that included trying to loose a little weight.

1 of the things I decided to do was to stop 100% with drinking cola. For me that is not hard, I have yet to touch it since I started. I instead decided to drink water a fuck ton of water. I have a problem that I easily get dehydrated. So I always has something to drink nearby. In my current case that is 1½ liter bottle that I refil 4-5 times a day.
    Another way I decided to go at was to bike to school every day instead of the bus 3½km each way.
    A third way was to watch what I ate. Aiming for 2000 kalories or less every day. At this point in time only 9 days out of 365 have I passed 2000 kalories.
    According to the app I have when tracking food over the last year my average was 1472 kalories per day.
    My weekly schedule isplease note this directly translated over google)
    Morning: Either Oat meal or corn flakes.
    Noon: 2 Rye bread with eithe sausage or pâté.
    Dinner: Either of the following 7: (150 gram of fish + 200 gram of rice)(250 gram of pasta bolognesse)(200gram roasted pork + 150 gram potatoes + halonesse sauce)( 250 gram of macronette)(200 gram rice + 200 gram of vegeble mix)(300 mL homemade tomate soup)(125 gram french fries(oven heated) + 200 gram of meatloaf)

While I could do more to loose weight, like I said I was in no haste and what I had read on the internet, yes I do know the internet lies all the bloody time. But when my doctor said that an a guy around my weight and status had a daily burning of 2000 kalories I would have to believe her.

Yet in this 1 year I have lost weight that is true but I lost 1,8 kilogram. So I am kinda confused cause when I was drinking 1-2 liter of cola everyday, beforhand I kept me weight around the same every year. And yet now after I actually try to you know do healthy things I don't seem to loose weight.

So my question for you MMO-Champ. Is there something wrong with me and my body? Or do I need to cut even further down on food? Was the problem actually Cola like so many homepages kept saying?
    Your on a good diet, you cut out soda/pop (cut out soda/pop), and you bike to work.....maybe you should do what I do and go do something physical like(walking, jogging, exercise,etc) for a 1 hour or 2 at least 2 or 3 times a weak, but whatever you do don't go hard from the start because you can hurt yourself. Just start light and ramp up you exercises slowly....of course I'm not a doctor or professional but I did play football in school so I know a lil bit.

Deleted
    What is your height? Weight?

Get your fat % measured asap, have a physical therapist estimate what your daily intake of kcal should be. I'm a lifter myself, in my first year i went from 30% bodyfat to 12%, which is by no means very impressive.

Although carbs and fats are essential to any well balanced nutrion plan, I'd say that yours has too much of both. If you want to lose bodyfat at a reasonable and healthy pace you should strive to have a nutrion plan consisting mostly of protein, with a degree of starchy carbohydrates and healthy fats. Eat low fat meat (chicken, beef) and vegetables.

Exercise! Working out will increase the amount of kcal you burn per day, thus speeding up the pace at which you lose weight.

Good luck op

Source your food better. I'm going to guess you buy most of this stuff pre-made or are you whipping up a holandase on the fly? Even your fruits and vegetables you need to source better, I'm blessed to have a place that sells only certified organic food and uses mostly local producers that follow those paths and pretty stringent requirements on their farmers. Eating whole foods is good, monitor your fruits, stick to lower sugar higher fiber fruits. Simple sugars like fructose aren't going to destroy your diet. Don't over eat, one or two a day isn't going to cause a lack of weight loss.

Prepare your foods yourself so you know exactly what is going into them. Anything in any prepackaged form is stuffed with salt, hidden sugars, and excess dead calories. You want your calories to be whole food calories (don't actually shop at whole foods, but from your weight scales I'm guessing you are from EU and that doesn't apply). Salt looks to be the reason you are drinking an insane amount of water, as others have noted, and the reason you are probably retaining weight.

Also, drop your carb intake or at least move to a better card, whole grain brown rice, whole grain pasta (actually move to a veggie pasta and never look back). Carbs are essentially long term sugar. Killing carbs is king for weight loss, again weight loss, you can eat carbs if you are just maintaining and doing some exercise. Carbs are evil to people trying to loose weight quickly and get cut, unless you are doing high activity workouts everyday, but a good carb isn't going to wreck you at all and probably will help you have a healthier transition.

Really, knowing your food is important unless you are going to increase exercise. You can always stick to the basic of weight loss, if I burn more than I bring in I'll loose weight. But is your goal weight loss or health? Because that isn't the healthy way, unless your bring in is all healthy foods. Don't buy shit fruit and produce seek out the good shit in your region. Learn your local foods and who produces the clean and whole version. Know what fruit is a just a sugar ball and which one is some sugars yes, but fiber and lower on the sugar scale. Increase your veggie game as well. Can't go wrong with solid vegg, great fiber, great vitamins, and normally make you feel fuller. Keep good fats as others have said. Balance is key in diet for health/weight loss.

Last if you really want to loose weight increase exercise. Your bike ride over the year is a good start, but the same small activity with no increase, that is really a light exercise, isn't going to be enough. Walking it would help a lot or just taking a 30 min stroll everyday is great. 30 min of good exercise a day is perfect, you don't have to be intense, you just need a good exercise each day.

For me, I eat what I want, but I'm picky on the restaurants I eat at, the beer I drink, and do my best to fight the urge to eat my favorite food (french fries). I hover at 185 to 190lbs at 6'1. I'm no means perfect, but not bad off, my goal this summer is drop some fat and increase my exercise as my desk job is start to catch up on me as my muscle mass is down and my fat mass is up. As others have said get your body fat checked, loosing body fat >>>>>>>>>>>> weight. Weight is a number that doesn't tell you enough.

Here is my anecdote about eating and exercise. My grandparents eat whatever they want, BUT my grandmother makes all of it from scratch except maybe bread. They walk 3 miles everyday after dinner or in the mid afternoon depending on weather and have done so since I've known them. They don't drink soda at all, ever. Water, tea, coffee, and a small liquor drink every other day maybe. They've never been over weight, my grandfather has always been very lean (he's about 6'2), my grandmother is like 4'10 so she never looks lean anyways . But she is thin for sure. They eat the best produce they can find locally sourced, never use any packaged foods (outside pumpkin pie filling at thanksgiving) and they do well. Knowing your food and knowing your exercise is key. You don't have to be a gym rat to stay healthy and happy. Oh, they never get sick....ever...its fucking weird.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-05-26 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Keto meme bandwagoners...
    What's not balanced about fat, protein and veg as one's main sources of food? My main source of food is vegetables. If one eats mainly leafy greens which are full of vitamins, minerals, collagen, fiber, etc. one can stuff down almost 20 ounces per day and still be under carb macros. The main focus is cutting out the worst of the various forms of sugar. If the body needs more glucose it can make it.

What I don't eat is highly processed crap.

Maybe you haven't thought about this enough.

How much do you weigh OP and how old are you?

Averaging 1400 calories a day is extremely low especially if you are on the heavier side. The diet I'm on I started at 220lbs and have been losing a pound a week on 2240 calories a day. I also go to the gym regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking chrome crashed and lost big response post I wrote earlier.
    Not going to sit 15min writing it Again so here is a summary of what I wrote earlier in dot-form.

* Heavily overweight at 136,6 kg now was 138,4 1 year ago.
    * Age 27 height 173 cm
    * Still in school due to social anxiety and depression.
    * Still have above mentioned problems. But I am getting better according to my doctor.
    * Will reduce Water intake and talk to my doctor about it.
    * Weighted and prepared my own food. Very few times lasy and bought pre-packaged food used to eat frozen pizza all the time back in the days. Now only if at party with friends.
    * Don't drink any alkohol any longer since its a no go with my medicin.
    * Based on advice by louisa I will eat vegebles every day now instead of once or twice a week.
    * In regards to cola alternatives. Have not drank any for the last year. Good at stopping addictions.
    * Used to go to the gym. Got fat-shamed a couple of times so stopped bothering with going now. walks every other saturday when I have time. (max 45min)
    * Trying to figure out how to Work more excercise in every week
    * Currently I am suffering from lack of Vitamin D According to the test that was run. My body is generating next to none. And when they found out I was forced asap into Vitamin D pills.
    Used to take 70 microgram per day when they found out now I take 35 microgram per day and need to do so for the rest of my life.
    * Current pills I am forced to take on a daily basis (doctor and psykiatric decission)(no overruling):
    Vitamin D 35 Microgram at dinner, Mirtazapin 30 miligram before bed, Phenergan 25 miligram before bed.
    * I have astma as well to top everything up.

All in all I will take many of these advice with me.
    If anything else can be adviced based on above summary I would be immensely grateful.

Best Regards,
    John.

p.s. written in notepad cause chrome crashed for 2nd time. it and mmo-champ hates each other.
    pp.s. Haven't had time to be online before due to exam preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Do you happen to have any family history of hypothyroidism or diabetes in your family?

Also are you experiencing any headaches and feeling tired even when not doing anything?

Lastly do you feel thirsty even after drinking water and find yourself peeing a lot?
    Overlooked this at first:
    hypothyroidism No clue what this and no to diabetes. Both my dad and granddad suffer from astma like I do. In addition I have been tested for Diabetes and the doctor said I was not.
    Headaches quite often but I got used to ignore it.
    Tired yes actually quite often. Often Associated it with me being fat.
    Yes to Water and maybe to peeing, think about average 6 a day but I would not know don't Count it
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2017-05-26 at 09:23 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    And fail...

Calorie counting doesn't work because it very much matters what the calorie is and what it's for. It is also the case that many people start making bad choices to squeeze in bad foods under their calorie limit. And precisely how is counting EVERYTHING easy? I mean, are you weighing foods down to the gram and then taking a best guess off the internet? Yeah, no slippage there...

Stop eating crap.

Eat high quality fats to about 65% of macros. Eat moderate amounts of high quality proteins to no more than 30% of macros. Eat around 7-10 ounces of good dark, leafy green vegetables every day to around 5% of macros for carbs. You won't worry about this amount of carb, it will most likely be around 30 grams or maybe even less.

You will eat no sugar, no bread, no pasta, no grains, no milk, no starchy veg, no fruit to speak of except maybe berries. You will eat coconut oil, olive oil and other high quality fats from animals that are caught free or grass fed. You will eat 85-100 grams of meat/eggs/cheese at most meals (that's about the size of a deck of cards). You won't count anything, or weigh very much - but perhaps just a few times to understand what normal human portions are supposed to look like. If you need further assistance here try measuring the right amounts of whatever and then eat them from bowls that fit that amount of food. You can easily find glass storage bowls with rubber lids in almost any size, and they clean and stack easily for storage. Once you measure say a salad get a bowl of that size, then just keep using the same bowl to eat that salad. Get a few bowls so that you aren't worried about just the one.

You will not fall for hype food fads like MCT oil unless you are actually under the instructions of a doctor to do so. You can't hack your body, it's not a computer and sees you coming. The body can be strangely resistant to anything you may be trying to do. It doesn't want to change, it wants the same old routine even if it kills you. Esp if the same old routine meant you were giving it sugar (aka crack to the brain).

Basically, you will eat like your grandparents or great-grandparents did, more or less.

I knew some folks that used to have eggs, bacon, and sausage every breakfast. They had heavy cream in their coffee. They grew abundant vegetables and herbs in their own backyard garden. They ate very little bread, grains, or pasta - not going to claim none here. They indulged sweets only very occasionally. But generally speaking they were naturally eating what human beings should eat. This couple lived to advanced years and died basically of old age.

So just do that. Your case will be more extreme at the start because you need to take back the damage that has been done. But eventually, you could just casually follow this basic plan and stay in range.
    Holy shit you're an idiot. You are spewing Gary Taubes nonsense. How about you read what top medical organizations such as WHO, American Dietetic Association, Harvard Medical School, etc. have to say? Spoiler alert: they say that calories are what matter. Yet here you are debating it. If you track everything and make sure you are below your calories, you can literally eat pop tarts and lose weight. It is true that it's easier to overeat junk food, but if you track it and DON'T OVEREAT, they you will lose weight.

Calorie counting is not difficult. I've done it many times and I'm doing it this summer. You just need a scale and a phone. Let's say you're making eggs, toast with peanut butter and fruit for breakfast. Put in 3 eggs in the app. Scan the packaging for the bread. Put your plate on a scale and put 50g of peanut butter. Put plate on a scale and measure how much fruit. Enter all that in an app. Takes like 1 minute to do once you're used to it.

I'm not going to argue with you about the whole "my ancestors ate this, that's why they were so healthy". You are plain ignorant. I suggest you stop getting your information from an author trying to sell books, and actually read what reputable organizations have to say. Bacon is not a healthy food, no matter what the fad of the month diet says. See studies like https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22412075/
    There is a reason why plant based diets have been linked with so many health benefits and reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, etc.

Consider informing yourself from reputable medical organizations like WHO or Harvard Medical School and their consensus rather than from one guy, because there are a lot of sketchy doctors/authors out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    @OP

Talk to your doctor and make him test you for thyroid issues.

Anyways, you should exercise more. As you are heavily overweight, walking and swimming are good stuff for you. Walk every day - an hour is a good amount. If you have body image issues etc. it's understandable that you don't want to go swimming, but swimming is fantastic for weight loss and working out your whole body, and it doesn't fuck up your joints.

Keep your diet as it is and walk every day - fast paced walking for an hour... make yourself sweat. An hour of sweaty walking is probably around 600kcal at your weight. That alone is a 1kg fat loss every two weeks.

I don't really understand how you said you only have time to walk 45 mins on every other Saturday. What's that all about? How you don't have an hour of free time every day to exercise? Those are rhetorical questions by the way. Because I know it, and you know it, that it's bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to sit 15min writing it Again so here is a summary of what I wrote earlier in dot-form.

* Age 27 height 173 cm
    * Still have above mentioned problems. But I am getting better according to my doctor.
    * Weighted and prepared my own food. Very few times lasy and bought pre-packaged food used to eat frozen pizza all the time back in the days. Now only if at party with friends.
    * Based on advice by louisa I will eat vegebles every day now instead of once or twice a week.
    * In regards to cola alternatives. Have not drank any for the last year. Good at stopping addictions.
    * Used to go to the gym. Got fat-shamed a couple of times so stopped bothering with going now. walks every other saturday when I have time. (max 45min)
    * Currently I am suffering from lack of Vitamin D According to the test that was run. My body is generating next to none. And when they found out I was forced asap into Vitamin D pills.
    Used to take 70 microgram per day when they found out now I take 35 microgram per day and need to do so for the rest of my life.
    * Current pills I am forced to take on a daily basis (doctor and psykiatric decission)(no overruling):
    Vitamin D 35 Microgram at dinner, Mirtazapin 30 miligram before bed, Phenergan 25 miligram before bed.

If anything else can be adviced based on above summary I would be immensely grateful.

Best Regards,
    John.

p.s. written in notepad cause chrome crashed for 2nd time. it and mmo-champ hates each other.
    pp.s. Haven't had time to be online before due to exam preparation.

Overlooked this at first:
    hypothyroidism No clue what this and no to diabetes. Both my dad and granddad suffer from astma like I do. In addition I have been tested for Diabetes and the doctor said I was not.
    Headaches quite often but I got used to ignore it.
    Tired yes actually quite often. Often Associated it with me being fat.
    Yes to Water and maybe to peeing, think about average 6 a day but I would not know don't Count it
    Talk to your primary care physician whether you might have diabetes insipidus since your symptoms raise suspicion for it. I can't see your charts so can't really tell you anything more. Also ask him/her whether your thyroid function tests are normal as it doesn't hurt to check.

As for your weight, Mirtazapine has a very well documented side effect of gaining weight. It's possible that's what keeping you from losing it so talk to your physician about changing that to an anti-depressant without that side effect such as Burpropion.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

* Age 27 height 173 cm

Best Regards,
    John.
    There is seemingly one of two problems here:
    1) You're not counting calories correctly, and adding lots of them without adding them to your calculations.
    2) You have a serious health issue.

You need to go to the doctor or some other professional to get this sorted out straight right now.

Here is the information you've given:
    • Height: 173 cm
    • Weight: 138,4 kg down to 136,6 kg
    • You drink between 6 and 7½ liters of water a day
    • You aim to go below 2000 calories a day, your average in the last year has been 1472 calories per day. Only 9 days out of 365 has been above 2000 calories
    • Random online calculators put your brm at between 2.325 and 2647 calories per day. This is if you are inactive all day long.
    • You don't drink any alcohol or fizzy drinks (cola included)
    • You're driving 3½ km two times a day on bicycle
    • Vitamin D supplement 35 mg/day, Mirtazapan and Phenergan 30 and 25 mg/day
    • Asthma

Healthy weightloss is about ½-1 kg per week depending on your size ofc. You're obese, and you've only lost 1,8 kg in a YEAR. (The bigger you are, the bigger the healthy weight loss will also be. Cannot remember the rough % atm)
    Quick myfitnesspal search for how many calories you eat per day(read: highly inaccurate):
    Oatmeal is ~375 calories/100g and then you add milk.
    Total: oatmeal + milk

2 slices of ryebread (No brand given, mine are usually 70-80 g/per and going with Herkules: 300 calories), with pâté I suppose you mean leverpostej I usually have 40-50 grams per ryebread and if you do the same its about 212 calories
    Total: ~512

200 g roast pork (450 calories), 150g potatoes (126 calories) and then hollandaise sauce which is 98 calories/100g according to this
    Total: ~576 calories + sauce.

Now this is all roughly within your daily average, but that is still a ~1000 calorie each day for a year if you compare to your brm. And you haven't lost weight. Unless you snack 1000+ calories a day, then something is wrong.

TLR:
    Disregard most of the advice on here, and go speak with a professional now as there is definately something wrong and whether that be your calorie counting or a medical issue is only something that can be guessed at by posters here and at worst you might end up worse if you follow any of the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by aisatsana View Post
    How about you read what top medical organizations such as ... Harvard Medical School, etc. have to say?
    You mean like: http://www.health.harvard.edu/health...-protein-diets

[edit: if that link doesn't work for some reason try this google search for the url, it's the first hit in the result set:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=http...tf-8&oe=utf-8]

???

Kinda looks like I got most everything right, mainly because I am not so fat and protein obsessed that I forgot the enormous value of huge amounts of vegetable matter to balance things out. But there are some things I would leave out of the final recommendations from the Harvard site because I think they are simply untrue. And I never waste a single carb gram on food of little to no value because I simply refuse to eat sugars of any kind. I am eating healthy carbs mainly as leafy green vegetable matter: lettuce, spinach, kale, endive, cabbage, saurkraut with active cultures, etc.

Sadly, you seem to think the Lipid Hypothesis is gospel. Which it really isn't. Most health claims of any kind have very little scientific support, most are based on idiotic studies using pitifully small sample sizes and participant recollections of their dietary habits. That's less than useless.

Further, you seem to think that doctors would seem to be the great fonts of wisdom on what to eat. How about you go find out how much they study nutrition in medical school. You might look here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430660/
    "Only 40 schools required the minimum 25 h recommended by the National Academy of Sciences. Most instructors (88%) expressed the need for additional nutrition instruction at their institutions."

Kinda looks like doctors don't know very much. I mean, I think I have more than 25 hours of research in this area as someone interested purely because I am a human being that eats but also does not happen to be a complete idiot that grasps at authority figures for what might pass as knowledge that they do not, in fact, possess.

More on calories and its failure as any kind of meaningful count of anything:
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...are-all-wrong/
    https://nutritionovereasy.com/2011/0...trition-facts/

I mean, food calories depend on so many variables that there's a huge degree of slippage in what you are actually consuming. Certainly, it helps if you cook everything yourself from whole foods, which I do well over 95% of the time. But the slippage remains a huge problem. Inaccuracy abounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Lies, Damned Lies, and Medical Science
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...cience/308269/
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-05-29 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I wanted to quote the closing section of the above link and expand on my points of disagreement with an article from a supposedly credible authority like Harvard. So here's what they said behind their subscription wall and my comments in bold italics:
    The Bottom Line

Beware of closely following an Atkins-type diet for an extended period of time. At the same time, beware of the amount of refined carbohydrates in a typical low-fat/high carbohydrate diet. They cause people to become unhealthy and overweight.
    Comment: Way to vacilate. So which is it? Looks like a prescription for planned helplessness.

We come back to the same old trusty recommendations, continually borne out in the research, with some new twists:
    • Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
      Comment: Reverse that to 10-20 ounces of vegetables a day and fruit only sparingly, probably just berries. Fructose is still just empty, pointless calories.
    • Whole-grain carbohydrates with a low glycemic index are part of a healthy diet.
      Comment: Why? Is there something you can ONLY get from grains? Answer, no there is not. Further carbs are not a macronutrient for which you actually have to consume anything to maintain a healthy body. Healthy human beings can make glucose in a process called gluconeogenesis.
    • Eliminating refined carbohydrates, which have a high glycemic index, helps you to lose weight and improve health.
      Comment: Okay, now you guys wanna go the other way. Almost all available carbs are going to be highly refined once obtained by the average modern consumer. Short list: bread, pasta, cereals, etc.
    • Choose moderate servings (3 to 4 ounces) of lean protein, balancing animal and plant sources. Poultry and fish are the leanest animal proteins. Beans, nuts, tofu and meat imitators such as veggie burgers are good sources of plant protein.
      Comment: Slippery there. Suddenly Tofu and meat imitators are real food instead of something to avoid? Aren't those kinds of foods highly processed junk? Isn't it a fact that most men should be very careful of consuming soy-based products, especially if they are not fermented? For those not knowing it is thought that soy products can operate as female hormones in the human body.
    • Include healthy sources of fat for nutrients and satisfaction, such as nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive- and vegetable-oil-based dressings, canola oil and trans-fat-free margarines for baking.
      Comment: Good start that turns to crap, same as above. Why are we suddenly including canola oil and margarine on a list of healthy fats? Do your homework, Harvard. There should be a pointed recommendation for fats that provide medium and short chain fatty acids.
    • Limit manufactured, synthetic food products. These are labeled as low-carbohydrate, and are made with sugar alcohols that are not digested and can cause gas, bloating and diarrhea if eaten in quantity.
      Comment: Decent advice except that sugar alcohols are actually naturally occurring and far preferable to actual sugars in almost all cases. So just use Xylitol and Eryhthritol sparingly.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-05-29 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3,5 km and you take the bus? Oh man, that's just... So lazy let alone expensive :-P
    Start running. Running slims you down fairly quick if done in tandem with adjusting your diet. And not just adjusting diet to lose weight, change your lifestyle.
    Don't go for crash diets, they suck. Hold back on X for weeks, lose weight, and start consuming X again is just silly and stupid.

Go take that bike, do some running 2-3 times a week and stop consuming crap. It's so easy, all it takes is some effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    3,5 km and you take the bus? Oh man, that's just... So lazy let alone expensive :-P
    Start running. Running slims you down fairly quick if done in tandem with adjusting your diet. And not just adjusting diet to lose weight, change your lifestyle.
    Don't go for crash diets, they suck. Hold back on X for weeks, lose weight, and start consuming X again is just silly and stupid.

Go take that bike, do some running 2-3 times a week and stop consuming crap. It's so easy, all it takes is some effort.
    Running​ is not an option for a person who weighs 140kg.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Running​ is not an option for a person who weighs 140kg.
    Well, yes have to agree on that one. I didn't catch that in the OP.
    In that case biking is a start, and taking evening walks perhaps.

Skepticism concerning the Lipid Hypothesis is scientifically sound because an hypothesis is just that and not a fact instead. We remain skeptical until we have more information. Perhaps our skepticism increases as support for a given theory diminishes.

Here's a decent interview with Journalism Prof. Michael Pollan:

Michael Pollan Debunks Food Myths
    http://michaelpollan.com/interviews/...ks-food-myths/

Take special note about his comments on the Lipid Hypothesis, inflammation, food imitation rules and nutritional claims more generally. Sure, Michael Pollan might be trying to sell you a book, at the same time he's just asking for a common sense return to real food as the bulk of one's diet. He rightly points out that authorities tried to insist that saturated fats were evil and that trans fats were good, aka eat less butter and use trans-fat margarine instead. Turns out they were wildly guessing and dead fucking wrong about that shit. Now the exact opposite recommendation is being made.

FWIW, all I have suggested is that people look long and hard at how many carbs they are consuming. Good carbs are to be found significantly in vegetables with all of the other benefits they bring. And if a carb gram doesn't also bring fiber, vitamins or minerals with it maybe its a better idea to leave it alone.

Shocking, I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post

I am not taking the bus I am biking
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    There are really only 2 ways about it. Either:

1) You are wrong about your Calorie intake. A lot of people add less amount to applications counting calories or don't add small snacks at all, and this stacks up during the day.
    2) You need to see a doctor

Personally I think its a bit of a factor of both. I'm pretty sure you're not only eating 1400 calories most days, that's less than how much I(1,86m, 77kg) eat when cutting and there's a starvation feeling you should feel in the evening & before sleeping that you are not describing at all.

At the same time, not drinking Cola+ eating better at your weight for a year should of made you lose at least 15-20kgs.