Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    what i've done recently on a toon stricktly levelled with invasions:

-installed the addon to see rares selected the one who drop useful gear for me and killed them, this will boost ilvl near 800
    -installed wq group finder, done invasion and wq who drop spare gear and relics (even pvp quest)
    -gone directly for BS opening scenario, that was the most brutal part the second segment (the ship) is really a pain in the rear but it's necessary because you just need a quest after to unlock AK 26 and boost the artifact
    -used group finder to farm shard from random bosses till 850

after that i was near 850 much depending on luck for invasions timer and wq reward
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

if you have a tank friend have them help you with some mythic+

If by "fastest" you mean "I just dinged and I want to get into heroic raids in 3 days" then you're probably going to have to drop some serious gold on runs/AH gear. If you're more concerned about efficiency, tho, just do invasions whenever they pop up. That's been my preferred method since I've just leveled a few alts up, and I just cycle through 3 or 4 toons each invasion that I'm in game for. 5k shards or so will get you the 12 pieces you can wear that'll all be 850+, and unlocking the broken shore quests will get you the dailies and potential dauntless drops that'll turn into 850 items too. The quest Khadgar gives to clear cathedral awards an 860 relic, too.

I don't recommend doing the final stages of the invasion quests unless you're really trying to push one toon through. You'll get a piece of gear or two from it, but it scales down to your ilevel pretty much unless you get a dauntless piece, and the ~600 bonus shards really aren't worth the time commitment if you're doing a few toons at a time. I've had some really shitty 3 man groups there, but YMMV.

just start on broken shore and do 1 invasion. you get like 4k shards which is enough for 10 pieces of dauntless 850 gear, once your 850+ then you can try farming up more nethershards or bosses or try mythic perhaps if you can get carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboradness View Post
    I can't believe the amount of people so far who have fallen for this thread.....
    Cool story, 11 post bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Only if they leveled by pet battles or something. My latest alt is level 109 at the moment, ilvl 778. He does have two BoE epics from other characters, though. Would probably be ilvl 770 without those.
    I had some toons in the high 600s at 110 since all I did was invasions. Needless to say, I had to buy some gear off the AH before I could knock out the Broken Shore intro quest. (Didn't realize that you could just fly there and access the vendor without doing the intro)

One last thing, o.p. There are a few people who will tell you how "easy" it is to jump right from ~850 to ~900 with just a little bit of work. I've done a bit of heroic raid pugging (and clearing), plenty of normals, mythic +'s, etc, and my main is still 899. RNG is rng, and sometimes you just can't get those 2-3 slots to upgrade no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I had some toons in the high 600s at 110 since all I did was invasions. Needless to say, I had to buy some gear off the AH before I could knock out the Broken Shore intro quest. (Didn't realize that you could just fly there and access the vendor without doing the intro)
    The NPC-s kill/tank the stuff for you if you don't run ahead of them. I recently levelled some alts (including heals) that had about 700 ilvl and did the scenario just fine. It took a bit longer than blitzing through on a well-geared character but it was definitely doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    just start on broken shore and do 1 invasion. you get like 4k shards which is enough for 10 pieces of dauntless 850 gear, once your 850+ then you can try farming up more nethershards or bosses or try mythic perhaps if you can get carried.
    Why do people keep saying this, you don't get anywhere near 4k shards for just one invasion. I just did one and if you only do the four required quests you get 2k shards total maybe.

It's still the best way to quickly level alts though, at least from what I've found. After that just spam Nighthold LFR and fill out the missing pieces.

Dinged my warrior 110 a few days ago, 1 day /played and sitting at 896 now. Not done any raids or Mythic+, but a bit lucky with upgrades from WQ/Nethershards. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ale/delusional

Just make sure to do Invasions when you can, the Legionfall Campaign quests for Nethershards, grabbing Broken Shore rares and chests casually, keeping an eye on world quest rewards and doing/coining world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    With shitty quest gear, I'm sure groups will be jumping to invite me
    Just hit 110 on my priest yesterday, made a group finder grp for mythic MoS, I was like 770ilvl, did quests until I managed to form a group, (took about 45minutes, but i had stuff to do while I waited) yeah some people joined and left, but eventually 4 people stuck, really nice people too, they fed me a lot of loot in the run!

This isn't an out of the blue scenario too, I've done it on every alt, you can easily get people to carry you through a mythic.

After I used my M+ key, got a carry through a 2 nelths, 5 MoS, 8 eye, and i'll go try to get carried through the 11 nelth tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Why do people keep saying this, you don't get anywhere near 4k shards for just one invasion. I just did one and if you only do the four required quests you get 2k shards total maybe.

It's still the best way to quickly level alts though, at least from what I've found. After that just spam Nighthold LFR and fill out the missing pieces.
    i said like 4k, not my problem that i cant count. anyway also make sure to do the treasure hunter daily quest at the end of the quest you end up with a daily WQ where you can get nethershards from the treasure hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    The NPC-s kill/tank the stuff for you if you don't run ahead of them. I recently levelled some alts (including heals) that had about 700 ilvl and did the scenario just fine. It took a bit longer than blitzing through on a well-geared character but it was definitely doable.
    Yeah, I totally took advantage of that. The only issues I had were the last stage where you're on the ship and don't have backup. Those tall thin dudes just had too much damage and health for me to survive at ~675 ilevel. The rest was fine.

make sure you do all the broken shore WQ's and kill the rares whenever they spawn (infernals on the map) work on your worst slot first, buying the cheap dauntless tokens untill your have a dauntless gear piece in all slots (the rares can drop tokens/gear saving you 1000's of nethershards) then start buying the 5K ones. Reccomend relics first as all spells are calc'd off of your weapon damage. I was 850 ilvl on my DH in an hour, without spending a single piece of gold. Do as many of the invasions as you can, I'm limited being in the UK (they usually start early hours of the morning, GG blizz) now on about 5 hours played and my DH is 880 Ilvl, and most of the gear actually has decent stats, I'm doing good damage.