Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Do not conflate alt-left with radicals or main stream liberals. We alt left are lefties who hate identity politics. Far from antifa.
    Mainstream lefties are typically against what the far-left proposes. Alt-left should be a good name for leftists who strayed far into identity politics.

ANTIFA is a alt-left extremist communist group willing to commit violence and arson to silence any opposition.
    They are domestic terrorists, and it's fitting they support lax immigration laws which will allow more real terrorists to get in.

That was a dick move on the prof's part, but I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for trumptards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    That was a dick move on the prof's part, but I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for trumptards.
    A dick move would be destroying his property or throwing water in his face. What he actually did was felony assault with a deadly weapon. If the guy had been knocked out and cracked his head on the cement it would be attempted murder.

Real hard for me to feel sympathy for rape victims too.

Deleted
    He's looking at 9 felony charges, of which 3 assault charges.

3 strikes, you're out!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Basically the fascist/Racist left, i.e. Antifa, BLM
    That says more about you. Don't drink the kool-aid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    This website sometimes lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Can't eyeroll hard enough in response to this.

What the guy did was wrong, it was criminal, and he should be prosecuted. I certainly didn't say that people at Trump rallies deserve to be beat down (being stupid isn't a legally punishable offense in the US, fortunately), but there are certainly groups of people I'd feel much worse about being set on by some dude with a bike lock.

Deleted
    "Alt left" does not exist.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    "Alt left" does not exist.
    Considering the thread creator spend so much time debating pedophilia support on the left perhaps the existence of alt-left or not may have been the smallest misconception

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Considering the thread creator spend so much time debating pedophilia support on the left perhaps the existence of alt-left or not may have been the smallest misconception
    It was the initial topic, so i dared to try to stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I think your response was probably the one we all should have originally gone with.

Anyway, going back to the original story -- I think it'll be interesting to see what history says because both extremes of the political spectrum, both left and right, are getting more extreme. There is a lot of evidence out there that shows the polarization of society along political lines, and that in turn would drive more extremism.

Can't help but wonder if things will gradually relax more back into the middle or if things will snap and we'll have an ugly event that shakes up societal views around politics.
    I think the issue lies in the way we all recieve our information these days as we all end up living in our own little bubbles where we only hear what we want to hear. Even if it's not intentional it's just the way the internet works. It actually takes a lot of effort to get proper information from both sides, something most people aren't willing to do, or perhaps didn't even think of doing as they assume the news they get are correct and unbiased.

It is definitely somewhat worrying the whole us vs them mentality that everyone seems to be having these days, I mean take this post of Sibut's as an example.

Despite not knowing anything about this person apart from his political leaning Sibut is quick to point out that he doesn't really feel sorry for the guy being smashed in the head with a bike lock simply because he represents what Sibut sees as "the enemy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fuck is alt-left?
    Beat me to it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Do not conflate alt-left with radicals or main stream liberals. We alt left are lefties who hate identity politics. Far from antifa.
    >We

Are you seriosly trying to make the 'alt-left' a thing?
    Mainstream liberals are right wing,by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fuck is alt-left?
    The mirror of alt-right I would guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't he teach an 'Ethics' class? How apropos...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Why call him Alt Left

Since the extreme left want to control how you think, talk, and act towards others in a totalitarian like way, call them the Ctrl Left

plus it makes a keyboard joke and we need a good giggle once in awhile
    Ha, that's actually fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Stacyrect decided that pedophilia was a uniquely left wing position.
    There are articles written stating that 'progressive left defends pedophiles'. All one has to do is look this up and they can see and read them for themselves. Stacyrect probably read a few of these. Whether they are true or not and whether people choose to believe them is up to the reader. Apparently he believes them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The boogeyman component comes in when people try to act like this is representative of the left as a whole or even in its entirety and is definitely totally 100% some unique product of the left that proves how incredibly flawed and stupid left wing people are, rather than a rather small subset of violent left wing people that are really only doing these outrageous things in one very particular place at the moment. It's not like there are people running down every street in America clubbing people with bike locks for not wearing a shirt that says "Fuck white people."
    Just like not every young conservative is a member of Richard Spencer's alt right bullshit, but to many on the left they don't believe that. And ANTIFA are far from doing their assaults in one particular place. They're spread far out now. While the MSM doesn't cover them, you can easily find out for yourself with a little research.

Kek...
    More people upset that he was labeled as 'alt-left' than the act itself. Quite telling of their personalities.

At any rate, he will eventually get his day in court. Haters gonna hate I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Alt" is not a byword for "fringe", incidentally. There is no "alternative left" because a lot of the left is already alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

They have basically one tool in their toolbox, and it's this: "loudly accuse your enemies of doing what you are doing".

Trump is that principle in human form.
    You literally just described Antifa. They go around screaming facism and how they hate facism all the while saying free speech should be killed and anyone who isn't on their side jailed. It really saddens me to how so many on the left just sweep Antifa under the rug as if they're not a big deal. These are brain washed kids being taught this bullshit and recruited in their colleges. There's a lot of evidence for this out there, but it's not on the MSM so it's ignored.

As for the phrase alt left? It's stupid, but when so many liberals call anyone conservative and young a member of he alt right then of course they get pissed and want to do the same to you. I mean hell, Richard Spencer's group is smaller than ANTIFA/BAMN.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Just like not every young conservative is a member of Richard Spencer's alt right bullshit, but to many on the left they don't believe that. And ANTIFA are far from doing their assaults in one particular place. They're spread far out now. While the MSM doesn't cover them, you can easily find out for yourself with a little research.
    indeed my vertically challenged friend.