Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink Guardian Mage Tower Challange (need help) :))

Hi everyone i m new here and it s my first title here so i tried the challange like 50 times or so and i made it to krull like 4 times, i have bracers and chest legs and ilvl 899, i dont have thrash relic's. is it a big issue ? bec i feel like i dont have much problem with mechanics but my damage feels like a bit low like, phase 1 finishs like 4 min or more, and also maybe i need some help with tmw to cd's for their skills and also BEEPPPPP sound for kick but idk how to do it or which addon to setup can anyone help me pls, thanks a lot )

Here is my trollolololol

i cant post link since i m new here .... -_- so énica - troll druid - Twisting Nether - Guild: Dernek Lokali Thanks a lot <3 )

I did it with 898 without luffa or eko. Elize and AHR. 2x Thrash relics.

So you should have no issue. You have half a thrash relic more than me since you have Luffa. Go Luffa and Eko, or Eko/Elize or Elize/Luffa. You should be able to hit Inquisitor 100% of the time without taking a single aura tick unless you have to interrupt.

"phase 1 finishs like 4 min or more"

That means you are doing him wrong. With your gear you should be able to kill him in about 2:30 at the most.

You need to work on your positionining. Always prioritize Thrash on him - and thrash timing with the Nether Horrors that spawn. If they spawn - hold off on your thrash just a bit until they reach you, then Thrash > Swipe > Incap / Orb if you have two, Thrash. By then they should be dead.

Use Incarn on pull and the first set of Nether Horrors, then ROTS on the second pack. Thrash > Swipe > Incap > Thrash on third etc.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Deleted
    You shouldnt have any issues because of your gear.

Try to save as many healing orbs as possible for p2.
    Use Orbs, Incap Roar, mighty bash/taifun to delay the annihilates as long as possible.
    Make sure the adds dont kill Velen.
    Dont forget to interrupt Twisting Reflection!
    And most important keep moving around the whole time in p2, not to close to the orbs so he doesnt put shit on them.
    Try to be not to close to him when he leaps, so you can just move out before he lands.

Pretty sure I forgot something, but that's everything I thought of right now.

well, thrash relics are worth 40 item levels without luffa and 60 with. They're also relatively easy to obtain, so yes... I would recommend getting some. talents i used were 3 3 1 1 2 2 1. Pop incarn on pull, thrash away from just outside the dnd. save rots for when the adds spawn to get some free leech. Only use MoU right before his cast hits you. This should allow it to also cover the following cast. Doing that properly will allow you to have MoU up for basically every hit despite having like 60% uptime. Don't die to being stingy with healing orbs.

The hardest part of P2 is honestly the jumps. You can sprint out of them, incap roar him, or grab a healing orb immediately. Failing to do one of those 3 will probably be a wipe. My kill was under 4 minutes so yes your damage is low, but it's still probably doable. I incarn'd on pull and was still in my 2nd incarn when he died so im thinking a 3:45-50 for me. I ran luffa pants and popped drums at the start of P2. Figured if he died quickly enough i could use healing orbs liberally. Make sure you kick his heal thing (twisted reflections?) and stay mobile. I believe i killed the 1st group of adds in P1 with rots then used a orb for every add set after (in P1). 1st add pack in P2 i also killed with rots + incap roar then every add group after was an orb until i had incarn up again which makes killing them a joke.

gl
    Last edited by patrins; 2017-05-24 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you are flasked, use sprint food and use at least a pot and drums at the beginning of phase 2.

I had to intentionally lower my DPS during phase 1 to make sure I could align RotS, Inc, pot and drums at the very beginning of phase 2. Don't be shy with orbs, this phase is very erratic and you can get killed very easily if you are low on HP. Save Inc Roar to interrupt add casts and Skull Bash for Twisted Reflection.

Savage Roar + Dash and the food buff to quickly get away from the puddles as these are one of the biggest issues once you have Annihilate under control.

As a quick tip, if you are able to fend off the second Annihilate without using Survival Instincts, you may be able to survive the 4th with a SI charge + trinket/barkskin/ironfur.

You ilvl should not be a problem, although I'd try to get a Thrash relic or two as a general QoL improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    I did it with 898 without luffa or eko. Elize and AHR. 2x Thrash relics.

So you should have no issue. You have half a thrash relic more than me since you have Luffa. Go Luffa and Eko, or Eko/Elize or Elize/Luffa. You should be able to hit Inquisitor 100% of the time without taking a single aura tick unless you have to interrupt.

"phase 1 finishs like 4 min or more"

That means you are doing him wrong. With your gear you should be able to kill him in about 2:30 at the most.

You need to work on your positionining. Always prioritize Thrash on him - and thrash timing with the Nether Horrors that spawn. If they spawn - hold off on your thrash just a bit until they reach you, then Thrash > Swipe > Incap / Orb if you have two, Thrash. By then they should be dead.

Use Incarn on pull and the first set of Nether Horrors, then ROTS on the second pack. Thrash > Swipe > Incap > Thrash on third etc.
    Dude Im 901 equipped running same leggos 3x thrash relics and I can't get it down. Idk what my issue is but I'm struggling. You dont have a kill vid by any chance do you? Really looking to put it down next reset.

Biggest issue is misjudging the thrash range w/o getting adding stacks to decay and 5-stack thrash falling off losing me tons of dps. Just got my 5th leggo and it was dual determination so looks like either Elize + either AHR or Prydaz are my best options. Out of curiosity what 2nd trinket did you run?

You can tag Variss with moonfire then run to the edge of the platform behind where you and Velen spawn. If you do it correctly and Velen is in melee range of Variss he will melee him for millions of dmg. He ended up doing 15M dmg to Variss when I completed the challenge(Variss only has ~35M health). Only downside to this is Velen will normally spawn the golden orbs inside his dead zone so you have to take care to use them wisely and not have to run back in to pick one up and possible keep the debuff going. Advantage to this strat is obv if you dont have a lot of gear Velen will do over half of the needed dmg to phase to Kruul. I ended up using Brambles and Lunar beam to have some extra dmg on the small adds when they spawn and saved Rage for the start of phase 2. When Variss got low I just focused on cleaning up the adds before I went into phase 2 so I could focus solely on Krull for 10 or 15 seconds. If I remember correctly I ended up phasing to phase 2 in around 1min30s. I prob put in maybe 75 or 100 attempts before I found this strat and most of the time I would die to random fuck ups in phase 1. This strat allows you to get out of phase 1 quickly and focus solely on doing Kruul well.

To the people struggling with this quest, I feel your pain. It took me easily 150 attempts or so before I finally got it and it was by far the most frustrating thing I have ever done in this game. The encounter still has a lot of bugs and RNG CAN screw you. I really believe there is an element of luck to doing this quest. But what worked for me was:

905 ilvl, 47 or so artifact traits (I think, been a few weeks now)
    2 Thrash relics, 1 UE
    Luffa + Elize's
    Horn of Valor + Fang off Tich
    Bear Tartar + Agi Flask
    Incarn, Bash, and Bal affinity were the only changes I used over my normal setup

Pulled Inquisitor to Velen, used Incarn + RotS and pretty much never set foot in the death and decay aside from when I was interrupting. Just used Thrash, Swipe and Moonfire. P2 NEVER STOP MOVING! It's annoying and one wrong button press or mistimed interrupt/movement can kill you, but it can be done. Good luck!

camon man , thanks for all comment but now i got my 2 thrash relic and learn how to do p1, problem is i was killing him close to 4 min, now i m killing him close to 2 min ahahaha then krull comes and my inc on cd and i cant do shit, i was so close to kill him then fcking prophet didnt give me an orb so do u have any tips ? i stuck at 10 m health ( but i m so close i can feel it ..
    Last edited by demirc96; 2017-05-25 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demirc96 View Post
    camon man , thanks for all comment but now i got my 2 thrash relic and learn how to do p1, problem is i was killing him close to 4 min, now i m killing him close to 2 min ahahaha then krull comes and my inc on cd and i cant do shit, i was so close to kill him then fcking prophet didnt give me an orb so do u have any tips ?
    I did the entire fight in around 2:45/3 minutes at 914~ ilvl.
    Best bet killing the fight fast is not using any orbs for the adds just tank them away from the npcs and heal of of infernals with the tich trinket. In p2 you want to try to get korvas hit at least once because he's a piece of shit. If he gets hit at least once it should be a kill no matter how undergeared you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    I did the entire fight in around 2:45/3 minutes at 914~ ilvl.
    Best bet killing the fight fast is not using any orbs for the adds just tank them away from the npcs and heal of of infernals with the tich trinket. In p2 you want to try to get korvas hit at least once because he's a piece of shit. If he gets hit at least once it should be a kill no matter how undergeared you are.

so u say it s rng, and i need to keep trying

Yeah you gotta save some orbs from phase 1. I was usually able to carry forward 2-3, but you have to remember which order the orbs spawn in, because they will despawn if you don't use them in a certain amount of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    To the people struggling with this quest, I feel your pain. It took me easily 150 attempts or so before I finally got it and it was by far the most frustrating thing I have ever done in this game. The encounter still has a lot of bugs and RNG CAN screw you. I really believe there is an element of luck to doing this quest. But what worked for me was:

905 ilvl, 47 or so artifact traits (I think, been a few weeks now)
    2 Thrash relics, 1 UE
    Luffa + Elize's
    Horn of Valor + Fang off Tich
    Bear Tartar + Agi Flask
    Incarn, Bash, and Bal affinity were the only changes I used over my normal setup

Pulled Inquisitor to Velen, used Incarn + RotS and pretty much never set foot in the death and decay aside from when I was interrupting. Just used Thrash, Swipe and Moonfire. P2 NEVER STOP MOVING! It's annoying and one wrong button press or mistimed interrupt/movement can kill you, but it can be done. Good luck!
    I think im topping the charts with more then 400 tries....and still not killed it.
    half of them are just stupid slacking dumb deads,and i can reach P2 fairly easy a while.....but there it goes wrong all the time its so frustrating.
    Im around 905 ilvl and i know it should be no problem but every round something dumb or stupid happening.
    I died the most from the Netherstomps,and the rounds were that wetn well i runned out of defenses for the Annihilate or whatever.
    I have all leggos except luffa's and have 2 Trash relics.
    I use always the the Eko chest and have switched around with legs,sephuz,trink,boots and neck but sephuz feels best for me.
    I tried so many different speccs and gear that i rlly dont know whats the best way,for me it feels that GG works better without Luffa's becasue with incarnation my DPS is not better.
    I pull roughly around 700k each pull.
    Well now i have too wait till the tower is back up again and if i can set my mind again too it because im totally done with it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by demirc96 View Post
    camon man , thanks for all comment but now i got my 2 thrash relic and learn how to do p1, problem is i was killing him close to 4 min, now i m killing him close to 2 min ahahaha then krull comes and my inc on cd and i cant do shit, i was so close to kill him then fcking prophet didnt give me an orb so do u have any tips ? i stuck at 10 m health ( but i m so close i can feel it ..
    I was at your same point and then I realized I need incarnation more for krull than I do with inquisitor. So instead I lust at start and incarn on krull.

took 2 more tries and I got him down. BTW, this was after 200+ wipes previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitiy View Post
    I think im topping the charts with more then 400 tries....and still not killed it.
    half of them are just stupid slacking dumb deads,and i can reach P2 fairly easy a while.....but there it goes wrong all the time its so frustrating.
    Im around 905 ilvl and i know it should be no problem but every round something dumb or stupid happening.
    I died the most from the Netherstomps,and the rounds were that wetn well i runned out of defenses for the Annihilate or whatever.
    I use always the the Eko chest and have switched around with legs,sephuz,trink,boots and neck but sephuz feels best for me.
    I tried so many different speccs and gear that i rlly dont know whats the best way,for me it feels that GG works better without Luffa's becasue with incarnation my DPS is not better.
    Well now i have too wait till the tower is back up again and if i can set my mind again too it because im totally done with it atm.
    Ok as to dealing with Annihilates, remember you can interrupt those with Disorienting Roar, Bash, and Warstomp (if tauren) so that saves you from needing a defensive for a couple. The orbs also interrupt him so that's something you can try to time as well. The Incarn works over GG because it allows you to burst down Inq without having to get into the death and decay. Not having the Luffas is probably your biggest disadvantage though and I'm not really sure how to work around that because I barely got it down when I did it Make sure you're spamming Thrash and not trying to Mangle if you use Incarn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Ok as to dealing with Annihilates, remember you can interrupt those with Disorienting Roar, Bash, and Warstomp (if tauren) so that saves you from needing a defensive for a couple. The orbs also interrupt him so that's something you can try to time as well. The Incarn works over GG because it allows you to burst down Inq without having to get into the death and decay. Not having the Luffas is probably your biggest disadvantage though and I'm not really sure how to work around that because I barely got it down when I did it Make sure you're spamming Thrash and not trying to Mangle if you use Incarn.
    If you're a night elf, shadowmelding will not only interrupt him but also make him cast it on you helper instead. What I did was on the fourth i would shadowmeld and then place Brazier of awakening.
    Yes the Brazier works, so it's a combat res that will reset your annihilate stacks. Though on my kill I didn't die as I used a long time on p1 which gave me no infernals on transition and 3 orbs. I used Skysec's Hold and Sephuz's Secret, and 1 hour after killing him I got Elize pants :E.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikee View Post
    If you're a night elf, shadowmelding will not only interrupt him but also make him cast it on you helper instead. What I did was on the fourth i would shadowmeld and then place Brazier of awakening.
    Yes the Brazier works, so it's a combat res that will reset your annihilate stacks. Though on my kill I didn't die as I used a long time on p1 which gave me no infernals on transition and 3 orbs. I used Skysec's Hold and Sephuz's Secret, and 1 hour after killing him I got Elize pants :E.
    Holy shit, you turned cheesing into an art form.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitiy View Post
    I'd say try and use CCs on Kruul. As much as you have. I had "Gift of Radiance" trinket from HoV and used Bash and Incap Roar to cc krull every time I needed it.
    The stomp was my biggest problem too so I tried to stay as far away from him as possible - while still having him in range for Thrash - so I could move out during his travel time. On my kill I had one hit me, and it got me pretty low on health, then I just bashed him to give me come time to run to the orb. The trinket I mentioned from HoV is really amazing both for Kruul and for the Inquisitor, its ranged stun/interrupt will make your life easier.

Another thing that might help is: use Bear Tartare as your food buff - it will help you on both p1 and p2 - and, if you can get it, Inky Black Potion from Darkmoon Faire (it can be sold on AH too) as it will make the floor brighter and therefore easier to see mechanics on it.
    Last edited by Unbelivabru; 2017-05-27 at 01:25 PM.

Do you have Pawsitive Outlook (new gold trait)? Are you standing close enough to the boss so you always hit him with Thrash and Swipe (esp since you have both Eko and Luffa)?

If so, you should be able to decimate him. I did the challenge with Eko and LATC (Balance Druid shoulders), 880 Urn (Nightbane) and 895 Fang (Tichondrius) as my trinkets, and talents were Blood Frenzy, Wild Charge, Balance Affinity, Mighty Bash (barely used it), Incarnation, Guardian of Elune, Rend and Tear.

Make sure you keep up Mark of Ursol as much as you can and interrupt Drain Life. If you don't, he'll heal for a ton.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

P1 is easy, all my wipes are to P2 Netherstomp. I guess you have to keep jumping?