Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

To you Brits out there, see the film Children of Men

Because this will be the reality of England in 2027. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Men
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

We're going to become infertile??

No, no it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Because this will be the reality of England in 2027. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Men
    Ahh only England, thats fine then I'm up in Scotland. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed the bit where we voted UKIP.

Dystopian future films are called that for a reason, they're imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    We're going to become infertile??
    No not that part but all the other things depicted in the film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheer and utter foolishness if you are being serious. Haha my sides if it was (hopefully) intended as a joke.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    But all the other things in the film are directly caused by the infertility of mankind...

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    But all the other things in the film are directly caused by the infertility of mankind...
    It could also be the cause of economic depression and the rise of a fascist state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, no it won't.
    We are pretty close to it.

We are much closer to that reallity since the film came out, infertility issues aside.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol.

That's what the movie is about.

Or what do you mean, old people smoking weed in a cottage?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Voluntary infertility has the same bottom line as mysterious and unexplained biological infertility -- an end to culture, an end to longitudinal purpose to social order, etc. The non-immigrant fertility rates in a lot of the western world are catastrophically low. I think 1.3-1.4 live births per woman is thought of as the "point of no return"; the most fecund of western nations is only hitting replacement rate of ~2.1. This is actually why Europe has become so solicitous of immigration; its opulent social structures can't function without taxable bodies on hand (which makes economic migration that becomes dependent on social structures instead of taxable batteries for them is a compounding negative, not a help). Nothing beats demography; the future will belong to those who've bothered to populate it, it will belong to those who will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

We are much closer to that reallity since the film came out, infertility issues aside.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure about that, you won't see many foreigners in Bexhill and I would have thought if the RAF were going to bomb anywhere around there they'd choose St Leonards first.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Because I was thinking that this infertility thing might no be so bad, we'd certainly had less whine threads on MMO-C about how babies are so unfair to men.

Deleted
    Lol science education in action.

Everyone is going to come to the UK because it's one of the only remaining stable governments after civilizations collapse from everyone becoming infertile and the economy collapsing?

Well I'll be glad to be in England then if it's one of the only remaining stable governments.

Nice try I guess?

Good film though, I remember that car scene where the women is shot was fucking intense when I first watched it.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-05-27 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to look up the movie and...

"In 2027, after 18 years of global human infertility"

Stopped right there. Sorry but unless someone put up a Suppression Field like in HL2 where people couldn't make babies, humans will continue to make babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    Everyone is going to come to the UK because it's one of the only remaining stable governments after civilizations collapse from everyone becoming infertile and the economy collapsing?

Well I'll be glad to be in England then if it's one of the only remaining stable governments.

Nice try I guess?

Good film though, I remember that car scene where the women is shot was fucking intense when I first watched it.
    Ahem... I think you mean Strong and Stable Government.

To what, exactly?

You mean in 2027 white people will continue to exploit the womb of black women?
    When I initially watched this movie I thought it was strange that they decided that a pregnant black woman was being used and manipulated by a divided group of people. Even the lead character, he didn't care about the young woman he was more interested in her baby. It was a sick fetish.

One thing I admired about the movie however was how it paid homage to America's long and recorded history of medical experimentation on blacks and particularly black women. The Tuskegee experiments pop to mind. And so does J. Marion Sims who denied black female slaves anesthesia while hacking their reproductive system because he preached the black women did not feel pain. There is a statue of this evil man in Central Park which I believe needs to have been taken down decades ago.