Well Witcher 3 has "better" combat than Witcher 2 for certain, but i also heard some people dislike the combat in Witcher 3.
    All RPGs have repetitive combat, honestly.

Even Origins on Nightmare was still spamming the same spells in every fight, that's just how RPGs work. Or Mass Effect's pew pew detonation fest.

Witcher 3's combat can be pushed to nigh-dark souls level with a mod or two, if that's your thing. Rebalances to stamina/vigor usage and damage will make it a proper challenge.

Apart from Dark Souls I can't think of a recent mainstream RPG that REALLY has good combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Man I totally want to play this game, hoping it'll be on sale soon on steam. =(
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/t...e-year-edition

$25 for everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Man I totally want to play this game, hoping it'll be on sale soon on steam. =(
    18$ on GOG (30 hours left)
    https://www.gog.com/promo/20170522_s..._sale_rpg_week

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    All RPGs have repetitive combat, honestly.
    I feel that in Witcher 3 there were too often cheap ways around difficult fights.

In general, Signs are damn OP once they're leveled, even contract beasts like Griffins or Basilisks can be just set ablaze with Igni to victory, basically anything that's flammable presents no challenge.

Humanoid enemies are the same, there you can even resort to Aard spam for instant kill.

Even if you go for Swordsmanship, humanoid opponents are extremely boring to fight, wait for them to attack => counterattack, repeat, attacking them has no point anyway on high difficulties because they dodge / parry anything.

The game could've used a bit more moves outside of Rend / Whirl if you go for Swordsmanship, also perhaps some twists to Signs.

Things like Signs empowering your sword were a step in the right direction.

Witcher 3's combat can be pushed to nigh-dark souls level with a mod or two, if that's your thing. Rebalances to stamina/vigor usage and damage will make it a proper challenge.
    I'd rather not resort to mods just to give me a "Challenge".

Not to discount your point, but it's just how feel about mods in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I feel that in Witcher 3 there were too often cheap ways around difficult fights.

In general, Signs are damn OP once they're leveled, even contract beasts like Griffins or Basilisks can be just set ablaze with Igni to victory, basically anything that's flammable presents no challenge.

Humanoid enemies are the same, there you can even resort to Aard spam for instant kill.

Even if you go for Swordsmanship, humanoid opponents are extremely boring to fight, wait for them to attack => counterattack, repeat, attacking them has no point anyway on high difficulties because they dodge / parry anything.

The game could've used a bit more moves outside of Rend / Whirl if you go for Swordsmanship, also perhaps some twists to Signs.

Things like Signs empowering your sword were a step in the right direction.

I'd rather not resort to mods just to give me a "Challenge".

Not to discount your point, but it's just how feel about mods in that regard.

I am yet to meet an RPG that doesn't become stupid easy once you get a proper build and min max. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, even Dark Souls, they all become trivial after a while.

That's why I use mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    When there are so many people saying it's a great game, and you still aren't convinced, then nothing anyone says is going to change your mind. I'll just consider it your own loss since I consider Witcher 3 to be the best game ever made, not just for the content, but for the way CDPR's business practice doesn't screw over us players.

I was talking about the second game, having not played it yet, not the third game.

~~~~~~~

Sounds like the other responses are saying that the issues I have with the second game are mostly better, so I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-27 at 09:47 PM.

I have abit of a weird question here.... I played 30 hours of witcher 3 like 8-9 month ago and really enjoyed it, and i think i got to world 2, the big city. Then alot of irl stuff came up and got away from the game. Should i start from over and get the whole story/control and feeling again from new, or try and just jump into the game to see if i can get things together where i am????

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I have abit of a weird question here.... I played 30 hours of witcher 3 like 8-9 month ago and really enjoyed it, and i think i got to world 2, the big city. Then alot of irl stuff came up and got away from the game. Should i start from over and get the whole story/control and feeling again from new, or try and just jump into the game to see if i can get things together where i am????

Thanks
    I'm biased here, but I liked the game so much that I started from scratch after taking a break from it before.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I was hesitant to play this game because I thought Witcher 2 was only so-so (haven't played the first). So the hype was kinda lost on me. But I bought it after watching a little bit on Twitch, and oh baby. Finished it up last night, and I don't think I've ever been this emotionally invested in a video game or its characters until now.

I got the "good" ending, and am moving on to the DLC. But out of curiosity I looked up the "bad" ending on Youtube, and holy shit. If I got that ending after playing this game, I would honestly feels suicidal. No joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwy View Post
    I was hesitant to play this game because I thought Witcher 2 was only so-so (haven't played the first). So the hype was kinda lost on me. But I bought it after watching a little bit on Twitch, and oh baby. Finished it up last night, and I don't think I've ever been this emotionally invested in a video game or its characters until now.

I got the "good" ending, and am moving on to the DLC. But out of curiosity I looked up the "bad" ending on Youtube, and holy shit. If I got that ending after playing this game, I would honestly feels suicidal. No joke.
    I remember when I got up to Ciri on that island the first time... I had done basically all side content, had dozens upon dozens of hours in the game and just seeing Geralts reaction to thinking Ciri was dead was like 0-0 holy fuck.

It's a thousand times stronger if you read the books before.

Geralt tried to find Ciri for around 4 books, only for their reunion to be cut short.

He's only seen her for a few hours in almost 8 years and the first time he finds her he thinks she's dead

10+ Year Old Account

Geralt tried to find Ciri for around 4 books, only for their reunion to be cut short.

He's only seen her for a few hours in almost 8 years and the first time he finds her he thinks she's dead
    I watched a few of the *Everything you need to know before starting Witcher 3* before I started the game. I am SOOOO glad I did. There are so many things one would miss if they didn't know the back story.

The whole amnesia bit must feel very *WTF Are they talking about?!* if you didn't know what happened in the previous games, and the books.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I watched a few of the *Everything you need to know before starting Witcher 3* before I started the game. I am SOOOO glad I did. There are so many things one would miss if they didn't know the back story.

The whole amnesia bit must feel very *WTF Are they talking about?!* if you didn't know what happened in the previous games, and the books.
    mind posting the video ? i still dont know what caused the amnesia

10+ Year Old Account

and it still got to me because I just spent dozens of hours playing as this awesome character and him going on sick adventures and all of a sudden ;-;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i'll try to find it, but it was long ago before the game came out.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    Geralt and Yennefer are taken to a paradise-like isle at the end of the books by Ciri.
    A sort of heaven.

The Wild Hunt finds them, steals Yennefer. Geralt chases them, teams up with Letho and co., fights the Hunt. They can't win, so Geralt trades himself in for Yennefer. He becomes part of the Wild Hunt until Ciri busts him out and leaves him at Kael Morhen before Witcher 1 starts.

Geralt loses his memories due to the event.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-06-08 at 10:40 AM.

The Witcher 3 is still probably the best game I have ever played. The feels from the story.....sooooo good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny looking back at the old comments from this thread to now. This whole thread is like a time capsule to Witcher 3
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I've not played Witcher 3 for some time now, since the last DLC was released I think. It's easily the most immersive and 'real' game world I've ever experienced. The world is so well fleshed out and the characters are memorable.

Going to start a new playthrough and hopefully get the non-Witcher ending for Ciri. Last time I went with a signs build and Griffin armor but I think this time I won't bother with crafting, I'll just go with whatever I find and buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'm biased here, but I liked the game so much that I started from scratch after taking a break from it before.
    I did this like 3 times before i finally finished. Dude its a big game. Found i would get burnt out on it. Its rare that i can sit for that long playing a game though.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.