Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Just join a guild matching your needs in the first place, maybe? If YOU manage to join "antisocial" guilds at every turn and have been for the past 14 years, it's a you problem.

I've never had antisocial experiences in guilds, but then I actually make sure to match the guild I look for with what I want from the game. Your idea is rubbish in many ways but mostly due to just how unnecessary it is.
    Did you even read his post? He's not saying the people in the guild are antisocial, just that the problem is that you can only be in one guild... one excludes the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Guild chat will annoy raiders who hate pvp when its filled with pvp chat and vice versa
    So as stated its a YOU problem and NOT a guild one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMartigo View Post
    Did you even read his post? He's not saying the people in the guild are antisocial, just that the problem is that you can only be in one guild... one excludes the rest.
    One doesnt exclude anything there are anough guilds that do raids AND pvp its just him being an antisocial one.

Guilds for the most part are just a chat channel and a shared bank location when it comes to game side stuff. They are more about the people and the people should be what makes them what they are. Now I might not argue that the recruitment side of things could be vastly improved. Third party options are pretty much the only option beyond trade chat as far as I am concerned. It shouldn't be that way.

Social Circle? You mean like servers were in Vanilla?

Also Guilds are anti-social, people in the guilds are if that's the case.

I loved guilds back when there were real incentives to be in guilds. Unless you're pushing Mythic progression there's very little real reason to be in a guild.

I would like the following:

a) A revamp of the guild recruitment tool.
    b) The introduction of communities, i.e. gigantic circles of friends for whatever - city, regional, hobbies, etc.
    c) A revamp of the guild interface and guild system as a whole, e.g. more tools for officers, more options, a Blizzard version of web hosting and VoIP.
    d) Regardless of their faction, let me play with my friends (I need to find some beforehand). For example, if someone is on my friend's list then I should be able to group with them for dungeons, raids, battlegrounds.

P.S. Remove LFD and LFR.

What if they did away with guilds and reimagined them as google-style circles. You can join multiple circles at the same time and they overlap. This would allow you to join a raiding guild, a pvp guild, a leveling guild all at once as each would be its own circle.
    To start with ,most people only either pvp or raid. I know some pvpers that like to raid also, but i've never heard of someone joining a guild entirely for leveling - that just sounds weird.

So lets discard the leveling part. As for pvp and pve guilds, well you don't really need to be in a guild for pvp. Real ID is the 'guild' of serious pvpers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also would like a system allowing me to join several guilds. I enjoy my raiding guild for raiding and mythic+, but I also would like to join my friends' guild for the social aspect of it. Guild wars 2 does this is a pretty good way. You can join several guilds, but have to choose to "represent" one. Meaning the one under your name and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    To start with ,most people only either pvp or raid. I know some pvpers that like to raid also, but i've never heard of someone joining a guild entirely for leveling - that just sounds weird.

So lets discard the leveling part. As for pvp and pve guilds, well you don't really need to be in a guild for pvp. Real ID is the 'guild' of serious pvpers.
    Hey I'd never discard the leveling part. Leveling is a CORE part of an RPG. If you dislike leveling, you probably aren't even an RPG fan to begin with. They've gutted leveling in this game which is pretty sad when it could be great.

Ideally, if I was running WoW, I'd have 3 separate progression paths:

1. End game raiging / dungeons
    2. PvP
    3. leveling

Each with their own epic rewards.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Hey I'd never discard the leveling part. Leveling is a CORE part of an RPG. If you dislike leveling, you probably aren't even an RPG fan to begin with. They've gutted leveling in this game which is pretty sad when it could be great.

Ideally, if I was running WoW, I'd have 3 separate progression paths:

1. End game raiging / dungeons
    2. PvP
    3. leveling

Each with their own epic rewards.
    leveling is not a core part of this MMORPG. You can outright skip it if you choose, and if you don't want to do that, well worry not, it only takes around a week to level to cap w/o looms. Call 'leveling guilds' what they truly are - essentially a gold botnet via cash flow

So there is a game called Trove by trion which has unique "clubs" system: you could join up to 5 guilds at one time and it worked great, most common thing was to join: 1. Native language guild to socialize, 2.highend tryhard pve Mode, 3.building stuff 4. Carry service/mini games Club, 5.pvp or personal Club (lots of inventory space). It could work here aswell, just join pvp, pve, 3rd whatever and you should be good.

Blizz has talked about revamping their social system to allow multiple affiliations. They talked about this back around 7.0 and said the new system wasn't ready yet. Not sure what's happened with that since.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

xrealm circles, i do run some premades for bgs and other stuff and it sucks having to communicate through battle net or discord when typing.

I really don't see how guilds are preventing what you're wanting to do.

I know you're saying it does, and I'm reading your reasoning, but I just don't see how it adds up. I don't see what's "clunky and awkward" about literally just typing "/join KokolunPVP" (or whatever you want to call the custom chat channel).

And for crossrealm, well that's just a general problem, nothing to do with guilds.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The guild I am in is part of a "circle" of guilds that shares members and has multiple raid teams. You don't have to limit yourself to one guild.
    This. Mine also consists of 2-3 friend guilds who all do stuff together.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Blizz has talked about revamping their social system to allow multiple affiliations. They talked about this back around 7.0 and said the new system wasn't ready yet. Not sure what's happened with that since.
    If i had to guess, the release of destiny 2 on bnet means they will turn bnet into a steam app with all activision titles. Once they merge everything, then they roll out a revamped guild system that works for all activision games.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't like that guilds are so restrictive and confining to the entire playerbase. While it was good for the initial launch of the game, it needs massive updates and possibly needs to be rebuilt, as a social system, from the ground up. The issue of guilds is actually one of the larger concepts that I think currently hinder the potential of the current game, as well as being one of the initial things that I was very excited about both at the announcement of WoD and Legion... neither of which touching guilds since Cataclysm's update.

Guilds are the main aspect of socializing in WoW, as well as most MMOs in general (just under different names, but the same concept). The fact that WoW's guild system is so archaic is a truly sad state of affairs on the matter, truly. Guilds are the first and last stable social ground for the majority of players, and the potential of it has been direly wasted for so many years.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!