Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Weren't there plenty of witness's that disputed that he was body slammed? I've pretty much heard all he did was smack the microphone being shoved in his face away.
    Surely some one had to get it on video.
    However, let me venture a guess. One group that supports one side of the political spectrum states he did one extreme thing. While another that supports the other side is saying he did something not quite so extreme. I'd wager the actual truth is somewhere in between.

Weren't there plenty of witness's that disputed that he was body slammed? I've pretty much heard all he did was smack the microphone being shoved in his face away.
    Fox news had 3 reporters in the room who confirmed the story, dude.

Are people just making up their own reality as they go? This is some really low effort gaslighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you listen to the audio recording? That's a lot more than a microphone being shoved away.

Either way since charges are now filed the police will round up the eyewitness reports and that'll be that.

But the fact he was even charged with assault indicates it's quite likely he didn't just swat the microphone away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Surely some one had to get it on video.
    Why would you say that? As far as I know there weren't any cameras rolling and it's unlikely (although possible) they have security cameras in the office.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Are people just making up their own reality as they go? This is some really low effort gaslighting.
    I dunno, I don't watch fox news

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Did you listen to the audio recording? That's a lot more than a microphone being shoved away.

Either way since charges are now filed the police will round up the eyewitness reports and that'll be that.

But the fact he was even charged with assault indicates it's quite likely he didn't just swat the microphone away.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you say that? As far as I know there weren't any cameras rolling and it's unlikely (although possible) they have security cameras in the office.
    Because quite literally practically everyone has one on them nearly all the time.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I did and it sounds like someone batted a microphone away. Although, I can say I don't know what being body slammed sounds like on a microphone of such low caliber or at all really. I'd imagine if he was body slammed there would be more to that audio that just isnt there.

I dunno, I don't watch fox news
    Neither do I, but I read the article they posted about it because I don't shut out information that doesn't conform to my world view.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Neither do I, but I read the article they posted about it because I don't shut out information that doesn't conform to my world view.
    Thanks for the share and tell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because quite literally practically everyone has one on them nearly all the time.
    ??? Do you keep your cameraphone running 24/7? I'd totally be on board with your theory here if this was an altercation that lasted more than 20 seconds. The eyewitnesses said they were surprised/shocked so it wouldn't surprise me that no one thought to turn on their phone until it was over.

But I do hope there is video, that'll make it all clear.

- - - Updated - - -

I did and it sounds like someone batted a microphone away. Although, I can say I don't know what being body slammed sounds like on a microphone of such low caliber or at all really. I'd imagine if he was body slammed there would be more to that audio that just isnt there.
    Well, as I said we'll likely find out, but it seemed to me the audio lasted far longer and was far more muffled than just batting a microphone away. It seemed more physical than that.

Doesn't make much sense to me why the journalist would lie about being body slammed and having his glasses broken. And I really don't quite follow the whole "he grabbed my wrist and then I spun and he spun and we both fell down" defense.

Not to mention the witnesses backing up the journalist.

There really is no reason to believe Gianforte's version of events over quite literally everyone else's.

Considering he is saying that people of the "alt-left" are pedophiles, yeah I don't listen to someone that thinks bullshit like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What about it? Do those cities not pay taxes? Do those cities apply private rights to federal land?
    They pick and choose what federal law to follow too.
    you cant complain about some cities ignoring some federal laws and ignoring other cities ignoring other laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Embarrassing for the US that a man can commit a violent crime the day before the election he's running in and he still likely wins.
    I used to lean right, and still think I do in terms of self reliance and fiscal responsibility, but sweet fucking Christ, what has become of the Republican party?
    Partisan nihilism. It's appalling to look at now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    They pick and choose what federal law to follow too.
    you cant complain about some cities ignoring some federal laws and ignoring other cities ignoring other laws.
    Who said anything about ignoring? I think the issue is exposed in comparing. I asked questions to compare the two, not ignore them. Your reply, ignoring my questions... is... well... ignoring. When you actually compare sanctuary cities to Bundy's land grabs on anything other than emotional crap, it shows it as a disingenuous comparison at best.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Grab her by the pussy president says this isn't a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Who said anything about ignoring? I think the issue is exposed in comparing. I asked questions to compare the two, not ignore them. Your reply, ignoring my questions... is... well... ignoring. When you actually compare sanctuary cities to Bundy's land grabs on anything other than emotional crap, it shows it as a disingenuous comparison at best.
    No it isn't.
    Just because you happen to dislike one and like the other does not mean that they aren't the same.
    Do those cities not pay taxes?
    DO those states follow federal immigration law?

??? Do you keep your cameraphone running 24/7? I'd totally be on board with your theory here if this was an altercation that lasted more than 20 seconds. The eyewitnesses said they were surprised/shocked so it wouldn't surprise me that no one thought to turn on their phone until it was over.

But I do hope there is video, that'll make it all clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, as I said we'll likely find out, but it seemed to me the audio lasted far longer and was far more muffled than just batting a microphone away. It seemed more physical than that.

Doesn't make much sense to me why the journalist would lie about being body slammed and having his glasses broken. And I really don't quite follow the whole "he grabbed my wrist and then I spun and he spun and we both fell down" defense.

Not to mention the witnesses backing up the journalist.

There really is no reason to believe Gianforte's version of events over quite literally everyone else's.
    People are videoing events quite often. Especially when there are people in the government government around. There were also many reporters there as well with cameras. Surely one of them got it on camera. They are professionals after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Grab her by the pussy president says this isn't a big deal.
    Laughable that people think he did this rather than just say this in a private conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are videoing events quite often. Especially when there are people in the government government around. There were also many reporters there as well with cameras. Surely one of them got it on camera. They are professionals after all.
    Except my understanding is they had set up all the camera equipment in the other room for the interview and they were in a different room getting ready. No reason to have the cameras out when you were about to go on camera. I really don't understand why you think people just video everything 24/7? That's not what happens, especially not in this scenario where the interview was about to take place in the other room. As far as I know they weren't interviewing him or anything so they had no reason to roll cameras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No it isn't.
    Just because you happen to dislike one and like the other does not mean that they aren't the same.
    Yes, it is... not because of anything I said, but because of what you are saying. Until you can actually state a reason, it will remain as such.

DO those states follow federal immigration law?
    What states? Is Bundy a state or city? I bet it's a state of mind...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Are people actually still disputing that Gianforte assaulted Jacobs? Gianforte admitted it and apologized. Why are you still pretending this is an issue?

Except my understanding is they had set up all the camera equipment in the other room for the interview and they were in a different room getting ready. No reason to have the cameras out when you were about to go on camera. I really don't understand why you think people just video everything 24/7? That's not what happens, especially not in this scenario where the interview was about to take place in the other room. As far as I know they weren't interviewing him or anything so they had no reason to roll cameras.
    People seem to get an awful lot of other incidents on camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Are people actually still disputing that Gianforte assaulted Jacobs? Gianforte admitted it and apologized. Why are you still pretending this is an issue?
    Feel free to find a quote where I disputed it.
    As usual, unfounded accusations abound.