DAPL has leaked 3 times

DAPL has leaked 3 times before even being fully operational. Obama did nothing when protesters were being beat up. He basically ignored the issue saying it would resolve itself. However right before leaving office, he finally took a stand. This move was nothing more than to save face since he knew what would happen after leaving office. Trump resumed construction of the project almost immediately after becoming POTUS.

We were told that this pipeline will be made out of "state of the art steel" that is supposed to never leak...

I just thought that I would post since its pretty much not being covered.

https://www.ecowatch.com/dapl-leaks-2418962379.html

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    DAPL has leaked 3 times before even being fully operational. Obama did nothing when protesters were being beat up. He basically ignored the issue saying it would resolve itself. However right before leaving office, he finally took a stand. This move was nothing more than to save face since he knew what would happen after leaving office. Trump resumed construction of the project almost immediately after becoming POTUS.

We were told that this pipeline will be made out of "state of the art steel" that is supposed to never leak...

I just thought that I would post since its pretty much not being covered.

https://www.ecowatch.com/dapl-leaks-2418962379.html
    Two of the leaks happened when Obama was out of office... They took place this year but stay woke.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-05-27 at 03:36 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pipelines leak. That's why many people are opposed to them. Not sure what there is to discuss here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Pipelines leak. That's why many people are opposed to them. Not sure what there is to discuss here.
    The argument was that some "new age steel" that doesnt leak was going to be used. It was the main argument for allowing the pipeline to be built. The fact that its leaked 3 times before even being completely built is troubling. Also, no major news source is carrying this story. You basically have to be in one of the states affected by the leak to have heard anything about it.

I hated the fact that this pipeline was allowed to be built. I hated that Obama did nothing to stop protesters from being beaten. I very much am ashamed of Trumps views on the environment.

Still this was more informational that something for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    "very clean coal"

"very safe pipelines"

It was pretty much expected that he would move forward with short term thinking regarding ecology for short term profits and long term losses also in matter of economics, since i'm not even sure that pipeline will pay itself especially if we include the costs of sanitizing the ground around it among other things, but i guess it will probably be the taxpayer ending up having to pay for the clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You're upset about a 100 gallons during construction. Do you have any idea how insignificant that amount is?
    Do tell. How long would it take you to consume 100 gallons of oil in your drinking water, at a pace where it doesn't kill you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You're upset about a 100 gallons during construction. Do you have any idea how insignificant that amount is?
    The point is there are already leaks during the testing and construction phase of a supposed "very safe pipeline", what will be no different than any other and will eventually create a spill that will be harmful.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not even finished yet. If it leaks after it's finished, then it's something that's news worthy. Probably why no one has covered it because it's a lame topic

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The point is there are already leaks during the testing and construction phase of a supposed "very safe pipeline", what will be no different than any other and will eventually create a spill that will be harmful.
    Isn't that what testing is about?

Checking that everything is in order and nothing is leaking, and if it is leaking to fix leaks during construction so that it doesn't cause spills with real load?

Yeah and Trump is going to replace Obamacare with something that's cheaper, covers more people and is higher quality. Oh, and he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Also, before I forget, he is going to soundly and swiftly defeat ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Yeah and Trump is going to replace Obamacare with something that's cheaper, covers more people and is higher quality. Oh, and he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Also, before I forget, he is going to soundly and swiftly defeat ISIS.
    He knows the best people, the best people to the FBI, CIA, ect want to talk to about things! huge things!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    AND he will insist that the DAPL be made from American steel!

*checks EO on the subject*

Motherfucker!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Do tell. How long would it take you to consume 100 gallons of oil in your drinking water, at a pace where it doesn't kill you?
    (Misread the question) You could drink the water normally. That's literally so little oil (Two barrels) that even if it were dumped into a water reservoir, while certainly 'not good', it would barely be dangerous.

It should also be noted
    -It's in the construction phase, stuff like this happens
    -It was cleaned up. Nothing was harmed
    -It was joints and flanges, not 'the pipes'. People seem to interpret 'a leaking pipe' as literally a pipe having cracks or something, and 'steel that doesn't leak'. These are not the same concepts.

In the same article, it mentions: "Similar to DAPL, the Rover Pipeline is also under construction and has been condemned by opponents for its multiple spills and accidents, including a notorious discharge of 2 million gallons of drilling fluids into wetlands in Ohio last month."
    THAT'S a huge deal. That's a massive problem. This thing, which the article is based on, 100 gallons, is literally statistically, scientifically almost nothing.

While I don't condone most of the stuff going on, I think it's important for people to also keep perspective as well.

EDIT: I actually research a bit on consuming oil. It's not that dangerous at all, actually, so maybe 'drinking water and oil' is a poor argument regardless. It's still awful for the environment and animals, but not really that much for consumption.
    Last edited by chazus; 2017-05-29 at 06:43 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab