Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You mean that Antifa Ethics professor? No need to sugarcoat it. Hope he gets maximum sentence, then he might even understand why it's not ok to just "punch a nazi". Seriously, the infantile lunacy of these people is mind-boggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    There are articles written stating that 'progressive left defends pedophiles'. All one has to do is look this up and they can see and read them for themselves. Stacyrect probably read a few of these. Whether they are true or not and whether people choose to believe them is up to the reader. Apparently he believes them.
    What's lost in the knee jerk reaction to pedophilia is that there are those on the left who do not think people should be punished just for having attraction to children. They recognize that those people need support and therapy to not act out on those impulses, not to be vilified and shunned.

That is NOWHERE near the same as saying you support the actual act of pedophilia where a child is abused. There are very very few people who would support that and most of those folks support it along the lines of lowering the age of consent to something more in line with European laws.

It's real easy to just go "hurr durr leftists support child abuse" when the reality is way way more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    What's lost in the knee jerk reaction to pedophilia is that there are those on the left who do not think people should be punished just for having attraction to children. They recognize that those people need support and therapy to not act out on those impulses, not to be vilified and shunned.

That is NOWHERE near the same as saying you support the actual act of pedophilia where a child is abused. There are very very few people who would support that and most of those folks support it along the lines of lowering the age of consent to something more in line with European laws.

It's real easy to just go "hurr durr leftists support child abuse" when the reality is way way more complicated.
    It is real easy to do that. Yet people on both sides of the political spectrum believe all sorts of outrageous things simply because they are popular and fit their agenda. I believe the term is "drinking the Koolaid". People drink a lot of Koolaid on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    You mean that Antifa Ethics professor? No need to sugarcoat it. Hope he gets maximum sentence, then he might even understand why it's not ok to just "punch a nazi". Seriously, the infantile lunacy of these people is mind-boggling.
    Maybe

from what I've read the guy comes from a very privileged family (shocking) who are already retaining the services of expensive lawyers to defend him and they are already threating lawsuits on the plaintiffs.

I've also read that his family thinks he's a pain in the ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It is real easy to do that. Yet people on both sides of the political spectrum believe all sorts of outrageous things simply because they are popular and fit their agenda. I believe the term is "drinking the Koolaid". People drink a lot of Koolaid on this forum.
    You and your false equivalency bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    not sure what false equivalency is here.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    How is a false equivalency? Do not both sides of the political spectrum believe in outrageous claims? Or in your opinion is it just the "other side"?
    You may be getting ready to prove something else for me with this answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So you are saying cultural marxist groups like bamn, antifa, pedo's, etc are apart of the mainstream liberal norm?
    No, I'm just saying that alt-left isn't a thing. Neo-modernist / marxism are real things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Does violence make someone "alt"?
    When a prevalent ideal is peace and tolerance I would say violence is pretty alternative.

That said, the 'alt' prefix in this context is just a buzzword. There are obviously more appropriate titles for violent demonstrators who only target political opponents.
    Last edited by turboether; 2017-05-27 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    not sure what false equivalency is here.
    Making a comparison at all. Everything is a false equivalency these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Making a comparison at all. Everything is a false equivalency these days.
    Making a comparison is not the same thing as making an equivalency. The problem isn't saying "the left and the right both have extremists" the problem is saying "both the left and the right have the same amount of extremists." Get it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Aren't alt left those guys that really hate trash cans for some reason?
    Since the alt-left is not a thing, nope.

Making a comparison is not the same thing as making an equivalency. The problem isn't saying "the left and the right both have extremists" the problem is saying "both the left and the right have the same amount of extremists." Get it now?
    I don't think that's a false statement, both sides have many lunatics. I'd even argue that the left has more lunatics willing to commit actual acts of violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that's a false statement, both sides have many lunatic. I'd even argue that the left has more lunatics willing to commit actual acts of violence.
    Tony...c'mon. You just said "I don't think that's a false statement". And then you just said "the left has more"

You contradicted yourself in two sentences and proved my point. You also think it's a false equivalency.

Tony...c'mon. You just said "I don't think that's a false statement". And then you just said "the left has more"

You contradicted yourself in two sentences and proved my point. You also think it's a false equivalency.
    no sir.

I said I'd argue that the left has more, there may be an argument for that, im not saying that's definitive.

Not you personally, but I feel many on this forum are willing to "drink the koolaid" and pretend like the left either has less extremists, or worse, their extremists and their violent actions are justified.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fuck is alt-left?
    An uncommon keybinding.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said I'd argue that the left has more, there may be an argument for that, im not saying that's definitive.
    That's kind of my whole point -- equivalencies are rarely definitive. That's what makes them false. You, yourself, stated that you do not think that the left and right have equal issues with extremists.

Thus, you are agreeing, that it's a false equivalency. My whole argument is that people should stick to comparisons only unless they have actual evidence that things are equal on both sides. Which...is pretty much never.

That's kind of my whole point -- equivalencies are rarely definitive. That's what makes them false. You, yourself, stated that you do not think that the left and right have equal issues with extremists.

Thus, you are agreeing, that it's a false equivalency. My whole argument is that people should stick to comparisons only unless they have actual evidence that things are equal on both sides. Which...is pretty much never.
    fair enough mr. lenonis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Since the alt-left is not a thing, nope.
    If the alt right commonly aludes to extremists in that side of the spectrum - at least that's what it seems to be - what would then be the issue with labelling their counterparts on the left as Alt-Left?

Except the post called false equivalency is the concept that lots of people here, no mention of left and right, drink the koolaid on this forum.

Can't see what's false about that.

- - - Updated - - -

And that turns your argument into "No one is allowed to be compared to us". Because it will never be the same to people like you.

Whammy question: Can you actually find anyone on this board calling themself alt-right? Because that "self given" title shit doesn't mean a thing if people actually call themselves that.