Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    So, the crusaders where not true christians?
    It's all perspective really. In their eyes, they are faithful to their religion (or interpretation). To others that practice the same faith, radicals are demeaning and twisted.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the belief that only one truth is the real truth. They don't try or even want to convince anyone, they want to enforce the vision they have for everyone else.

They use their own personal convictions and turn them into a greater goal - something greater than themselves. They then move on to either abduct, convert or kill opponents.

It's really that simple. And it's also why it's unstoppable and dangerous.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    It wasn't anti-christian like muslim extremism, but don't let that fool you into thinking religion wasn't involved.
    Extremist doesn't just attack Christian.
    They kill everyone, including "peaceful" Muslim and non-religion Asian.

WW2 is based on Darwinism.
    A strong race should kill a weak race.

According to Darwinism, Germany/Japanese should kill everyone, but they didn't.
    I bet if Muslim is in control, it will kill everyone.

No one. They are trying to eradicate those they dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It surely can't be the victims or their families. And what are they trying to convince us of? What is the point in spreading their [insert god here] by murdering people? Has anyone actually tried to understand their logic or is it completely nonsensical?

Aside from the obvious barbarism I don't think I've ever read anything that touches on the mentality of these people. I know religion is brainwash and these people are afflicted at a young age but what is the end game? Are they really told they get 40 virgins if they suicide bomb or what?

It seems to me that they have no issues corrupting the natives so I don't think that's it.
    I have been told that unlike Christianity where belief in Jesus is the one way to heaven, Islam has one surefire way to get into heaven and the other is maybe you will get into heaven. So the surefire way is to kill as many non-muslims as possible to basically impress their god. If you do kill a bunch and die in the process he lets you into heaven and rewards you as well. The other way is that you just do all the other things the Quran says and maybe their god will let you in. So if you dont think you have done enough on earth the 2nd way to be let in and dont want to risk going to hell, then blowing yourself up or dieing fighting non-believers is the way to go.

The majority of Muslims believe both ways are true. Most take their chances with the wishy-washy way while another % of the population go with the killing of others way. So your not going to convince them otherwise. Its a part of their religion to act this way and its been like that for thousands of years. The best way to deal with it is to keep it on their side of the globe and dont let it infiltrate your country. But since everyone wants to be inclusive now and be buddy buddy with everyone regardless of their views, then your going to have to accept that a muslim believes that killing you is a free ticket to heaven.

Normal muslims, among others.

They want to harm other faiths, yes, but in doing so they seek to turn outsider's hatred toward their own, to try to make muslims feel outcast, which would lead to them banding together, and they believe they will be seen as the leaders who were always right about the evil westerners, they'll gain power, status and armies to try to conquer more territory, etc etc.

There's a reason it's largely acknowledged that treating average muslims as suspicious is considered helping the terrorists. It's part of what they want. It'll increase their own power, prove their "prophecies" right, give them credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It surely can't be the victims or their families. And what are they trying to convince us of? What is the point in spreading their [insert god here] by murdering people? Has anyone actually tried to understand their logic or is it completely nonsensical?

Aside from the obvious barbarism I don't think I've ever read anything that touches on the mentality of these people. I know religion is brainwash and these people are afflicted at a young age but what is the end game? Are they really told they get 40 virgins if they suicide bomb or what?

It seems to me that they have no issues corrupting the natives so I don't think that's it.
    What other options do you think they have to retaliate against Western World that bombs them into submission on a whim, and tries to subvert their way of living, traditions and history with non-violent but no less overbearing or destructive means that lead to fractured and devastated countries in places where people could largely thrive before?

They are not trying to convince anyone, they are just trying to justify themselves.

Same as a petty thief stealing. He isn't trying to convince others that he is poor or needs a job, but just a justification for his actions being poor and without a job. He would do it again and again until being caught. And after being caught think of a recourse.

Sadly, in these people's cases. They are very much in their perceived "land of holy virgins" to be caught up in any thoughts of recourse.

To understand such darkness one is required to peer into the darkness.

You will find no answer, you will be confused and then angry. And thus bear more hatred towards them. But it doesn't end there, for such thoughts seed such hatred you begin to hate others who are slightly related to such groups who want nothing to do with these extremist. The cycle then continues. Your projection of hatred plants the seed of the next extremist because you socially take it out on anyone you "believe" to have anything to do with "them" in a "generalized" manner.

Will you still want to try to understand them? A void who has already shut everyone?

This cycle has already been running it's course within their community, we are still new to their internal strife. Our interference in trying to understand them, will be misinterpreted by one of the sides as favoritism to the other and spark more radical actions.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2017-05-27 at 04:30 PM.

Lol.

Its just a few educated people , leading the masses for their gains, whatever the muslim priests are called down there.

They let the masses die and do all the war stuff while he/they "lead" while having the benefits, in their case the raping of women etc etc.

Has nothing to do with extremism, its literally a few people taking advantage of the idiotic masses that are created by religion.

Thats why this started the last -few- years instead of years ago, its just a few educated people, using the idiots to their advantage.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-05-27 at 04:33 PM.

Nobody seems to understand what the real issue is. It's the inbreeding which has been proven to drop IQ levels over time.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In order to understand what terrorists want you should stop generalizing all terrorists together.
    They have a hierarchy.

There's the top terrorist group the c-suite if you will with a ceo. They have specific goals unknown to the rest of terrorists and to us, we can only speculate but it's probably geopolitics and they work with some state actors or even are agents of said state actors like Bin Laden was.

Then there's the middle management groups - they do it for money and because they like it, it's a special kind of human being. Obviously.

And then there are the bottom feeders - suicide bombers and the rest of the field agents. The terrorists as you know them.
    They mostly do it for ideological reasons, that's certainly the case for most of suicide bombers. But some of them do it for money too, including suicide bombers - money goes to their families, or so they are told.

What you want to know, really, is what the "Bin Ladens" want - or their masters.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Easy, two answers tbh.

1st: To get hate on Muslims. Ain't very smart.

2nd: They want genocide on Western Culture (like Amercia, or Europe). But a certain group will never admit, or "think" about this problem. That Certain group is known as S.J.W. But hey, if they wanna live like that sure. But they should, they are on the losing side.
    so you're going to argue that ''sjw'' thinks that terrorists dont want to kill people? nice strawman really reaching there bud.

you might want to be able to differenciate between fundementalist terrrorist groups and regular muslim citizens i know it's hard.

They either want you to submit and convert to their very rigid interpretation of Islam or kill you for rejecting it.

It's pretty simple

Deleted
    The party i vote for is listed under that category, and we do not burn gays or hate women.
    Actually, there is no country in the world that is being ruled by a "civic nationalist party". And at the end a none-xenophobe nationalism is also not going to work.

There are varieties within nationalism, and yes, putin is a nationalist. Hitler was claimed to be a vegatarian, that does not make every vegetarians jewhaters. Just like not all nationalists want gays to burn or women to return to the stoves.
    You are trying to create a fallacy, while there is none. Nationalism actually always lead to war and xenophobia in the past. If you focus entirely on the nation and even put it among the individual, you always will reason for any action, be it positive or negative, with national pride.

Your idea of a civic nationalism is the same as like communism: An utopic idea.

Nationalists like to see nationalism as like communists like to see communism. But in reality, they are not build upom humans, but upon ideas of how to make humans. And that never worked and never will work. There has not been one example of civic nationalism in the past.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-05-27 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Actually, there is no country in the world that is being ruled by a "civic nationalist party". And at the end a none-xenophobe nationalism is also not going to work.

You are trying to create a fallacy, while there is none. Nationalism actually always lead to war and xenophobia in the past. If you focus entirely on the nation and even put it among the individual, you always will reason for any action, be it positive or negative, with national pride.

Your idea of a civic nationalism is the same as like communism: An utopic idea.

Nationalists like to see nationalism as like communists like to see communism. But in reality, they are not build upom humans, but upon ideas of how to make humans. And that never worked and never will work. There has not been one example of civic nationalism in the past.
    USA is heavily influenced by civic nationalism. That's why anyone can become american unlike in countries which are influenced by ethnic nationalism, where outsiders will never be one of the people.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    Well, I was born a muslim and have had a long study on theology.

you see, Religions sell things that are not delivered until afterlife, the payment for each reward is different. if you dacrifice your life to kill infidels, its rewardes with almost all possibl moves on a tube site, a big garden and rivers of wine.

best business ever, pay and get the product after death!
    Which is funny, because most other religions preach that life is worth living and that living long is the end goal. What kind of stupid person would believe in a religion where killing yourself is the main goal of life? There is no life in death, we must live long and prosper.

- - - Updated - - -

So, the crusaders where not true christians?
    The Crusades were a series of Holy Wars. They were, for all intents and purposes, for scouring Islam from the face of the earth. In many ways, they failed to rid parts of what we now call Eastern Europe, Russia and Africa, from the scourge that was Muhammad's military rule and religious indoctrination. Now, I think it's far too late.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    USA is heavily influenced by civic nationalism. That's why anyone can become american unlike in countries which are influenced by ethnic nationalism, where outsiders will never be one of the people.
    Trigger someone else, friend.

If you really want to tell me american nationalists arent ethnic nationallists, you should read trumps campaign speeches. American nationalists are completely driven by xenophobia. Their economic politics are protectionistic.

USA is heavily influenced by mexicans- and muslim-hatred. That is the truth about american nationalism.

If you really want to tell me american nationalists arent ethnic nationallists, you should read trumps campaign speeches. American nationalists are completely driven by xenophobia. Their economic politics are protectionistic.
    I said USA is heavily influenced by civic nationalism, as can be seen by their laws and culture, where people born there get citizenship, where people who move there will become american. I didn't say there are no people that are into ethnic nationalism.

To get citizenship at birth in countries that haven't been so strongly influenced by civic nationalism you need to be born to a citizen. It's likely you will never be referred to as being one of the people there too.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-27 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I said USA is heavily influenced by civic nationalism, as can be seen by their laws and culture, where people born there get citizenship, where people who move there will become american. I didn't say there are no people that are into ethnic nationalism.
    You have no idea what you talk about. Americas laws and culture are based on immigration as a main source for their country. America was built based on immigrants from all kind of other countries. There is no one single element of the american culture that is based on a protectionistic civic nationalism. Actually, the nationalism america currently shows is deeply ethnic, based on people with other skin colors and religions.

You have no idea what you talk about.
    Yeah, I do.

Y
    Actually, the nationalism america currently shows is deeply ethnic, based on people with other skin colors and religions.
    That does not erase the laws or the culture influenced by civic nationalism. Move there? You become american. Move to somewhere like South Korea? You don't become korean to the people there. Be born in USA? Citizenship. Be born in South Korea? You don't get citizenship just from that.