Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    And i didnt get any skins. Are the drop rates that low?
    Don't get too upset but i opened something around 8-10 boxes and got old reaper Mariachi skin ( already owned this one) , the Oasis Symetra skin and the Zarya Cyberean skin. pretty lucky , in past events i barely got 1 legendary from smth like 20+ boxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten the Lucio and Zarya skin that I remember on top of my head. Might've been another.

How does badluck protection work on these boxes? What % does it add per box w/o leg opened?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    How does badluck protection work on these boxes? What % does it add per box w/o leg opened?
    Bad luck protection? What, did you think this was wow?

Each box is guaranteed one event item (that may be a dupe) during an event. That's it.

10 boxes 1 pharah and 1 bastion skin ... pretty ok imo.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Bad luck protection? What, did you think this was wow?

Each box is guaranteed one event item (that may be a dupe) during an event. That's it.
    I'm pretty sure there is a bad luck protection in place, just like with Hearthstone.

At least I swore they said there was, but at the moment, it's speculation it seems
    http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Loot_Box#Details

If you don't play enough OW to have 10k+ gold banked every time a new seasonal event occurs, get your wallet out

Incidentally, the chinese law thing... persumably there is no law that states that the percentage chance has to be the same in every region. So why does it matter what odds the chinese have? In EU or US the algorithm can be totally different, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you don't play enough OW to have 10k+ gold banked every time a new seasonal event occurs, get your wallet out

Incidentally, the chinese law thing... persumably there is no law that states that the percentage chance has to be the same in every region. So why does it matter what odds the chinese have? In EU or US the algorithm can be totally different, right?
    Given that OW isn't actually region locked, it will have to be.

regarding law - a lot of countries have some weird anti-gambling laws. buying a loot box, and i doubt many will argue against this, is gambling. just curious.. what is the exact wording in the t&c's that allows them to circumvent that?

or is it like some wow stuff and people from x/y/z countries just can't do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Idk, I feel like the drop rates are way lower for this event compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Given that OW isn't actually region locked, it will have to be.
    But when you are opening loot boxes you aren't "in game" - theoretically they could have "Main menu" servers that are regional? Or not? Note: At this stage I'm merely asking hypothetically, I don't doubt that it is the same all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to just make it so that you can't get old legendaries in event boxes but... that's not gonna happen. ($$$)

But I did get Dvas skin and Bastions so that's cool. I want Soldier and Pharah and I'll be content.

7 boxes: skin of Symmetra and Lucio's dance. I will buy 10 boxes and see what happen (i want Soldier and Mei skin).

Seems unlikely maybe you didn't get one you wanted instead? I opened 124. Got plenty lol. Only 2 dupes (Tracer skin)
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a bad luck protection in place, just like with Hearthstone.

At least I swore they said there was, but at the moment, it's speculation it seems
    http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Loot_Box#Details
    An earlier post said you are guaranteed to get 1 orange per 20 boxes, so i assume theres some kind of blp.

They need to make dance emotes regular loot after the event, that would help a bit. Really tired of seeing 3 grey loot discs and a blue in 15 out of 20 boxes. I am sitting on 6k gold so I will get the 2 skins I want in the end but I have been playing for a year+, I have a lot so I get lots of gold but my kid just started and she can't make gold if she tried.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been really lucky with the event, opened maybe 80 boxes total, got the hanzo, tracer, symmetra, pharah, soldier, and by the end had enough to buy the Genji one. Happy with the event mostly because I got what I wanted.

I have opened 2 and got 3 skins. It's just rng.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    An earlier post said you are guaranteed to get 1 orange per 20 boxes, so i assume theres some kind of blp.
    Yes random person saying random things with no source makes it so.

It is believed to be 1 in 20 chance to roll a legendary, but that is each box, not cumulatively.

Blizzard has never confirmed, afaik, that there is bad luck protection in OW.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-28 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Yes random person saying random things with no source makes it so.

It is believed to be 1 in 20 chance to roll a legendary, but that is each box, not cumulatively.

Blizzard has never confirmed, afaik, that there is bad luck protection in OW.
    Literally every other Blizzard game with RNG for loot has Bad Luck Protection to some degree.

It would make no sense at all for Overwatch to not.