Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Why would it be delayed when he said some time in May and May ends 31st.... still some days left, don't panic mate lol
    No panic here, was merely making an observation. I also wrote may is ending *soon*, meaning I'm fully aware 6 days remain.

Release will be the 21.06.17.

Why? Cause midsommar is at the coming weekend then, and ofc we cannot miss 2 days of mythic raiding, because 90% of the swedish ppl will be drunk as fk.

CONFIRMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I had a conversation with a couple of people who DON'T play any blizzard games really, they made comment on how every company does it, but most try to hide it while Blizzard doesn't, and that makes them a larger target for it.
    Not sure how another company bar Blizzard can hide it when they too will plaster their game in marketing and quote their release dates. These are inclusive of moving or still adverts everywhere.
    I get your point but you can't pretend another company hides it when they clearly can't. Only way to hide it is never announce the date in the first place and no marketing scheme will ever do that.

How soon can we hope to see ToS closing cinematic/outro?

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It's not that simple my friend, there are established communities to be considered. For smaller realms and guilds struggling to keep the Mythic numbers rolling, summer raid releases are a catastrophe, always have been. The super-hubs will barely be affected of course.
    Games old, you have to compromise somewhere. Either you get to keep your communties or you raid, not every realm can support both.

And would you rather we sit on the same raid for another 3 months just so it's not released in the summer? Every release date is bad for someone, I'd rather they adhere to their 5-6 mo between raids they talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Patch day will be 6/13 and raid will be 6/20. No source just my gut based on previous release habits.
    dont forget a dev q&a on 6/8 where they tell us the patch will be dropping on the 13th....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamz View Post
    Release will be the 21.06.17.

Why? Cause midsommar is at the coming weekend then, and ofc we cannot miss 2 days of mythic raiding, because 90% of the swedish ppl will be drunk as fk.

CONFIRMED!
    Can we stop with the writing of dates in that way?

JUNE 21st, 2017

And I think the ability to enter and raid the Tomb of Sargeras will happen a little earlier than June 21st.

I'm thinking more like June 13th. 6-13-2017 is my prediction.

7.2.5 06.06.2017
    ToS 20.06.2017

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

JUNE 21st, 2017

And I think the ability to enter and raid the Tomb of Sargeras will happen a little earlier than June 21st.

Same way you do June 21st, 2017 -> 6.21.17 you could as easily say 21st of June, 2017 -> 21.06.2017, so get off your high horse.

Imo, the raid is still at least 3 weeks away, since it's probably gonna release a week after 7.2.5 drops and a patch tends to be on the background downloader/pre-download for about 2 weeks.

Deleted

JUNE 21st, 2017

Most of the world uses D-M-Y.

Also please be reasonable and change to the metric system. Thanks

JUNE 21st, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Stop being a special snowflake, most of the world uses DMY.

OT: The sooner the better, even if the actual raid is delayed an extra week or two into the patch. Want my class changes ASAP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um. How do you "hide" release dates?

Either way releasing a raid in June is horrendous. Firelands culling of guilds, here we go again.
    The world doesn't revolve around your summer and HFC was also released on June 23 and it was fine. If your guild is dying due to the weather there's other issues at play.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably around June 20th. That's when FFXIV:Stormblood releases.

Blizzard loves to hijack competitor's release dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The world doesn't revolve around your summer and HFC was also released on June 23 and it was fine. If your guild is dying due to the weather there's other issues at play.
    I'd rather say if nobody in your guild has extended leaves of absence during summertime it's made up of kids and unemployed people, but ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Games old, you have to compromise somewhere. Either you get to keep your communties or you raid, not every realm can support both.

And would you rather we sit on the same raid for another 3 months just so it's not released in the summer? Every release date is bad for someone, I'd rather they adhere to their 5-6 mo between raids they talked about.
    Summer releases have been historically bad for completion rates and in general. And yes you don't have to point out the obvious @ realms etc. Sometimes there are actually nice communities of adults you enjoy playing with, that isn't just thrown away easily for progress for some. If all you care about is hanging on twitch and getting the right progress each Tier, your choice is easy. Some people actually build worthwhile friendships and teams.

Whatever the date, it already feels like it has take a bit too long.

Deleted

JUNE 21st, 2017

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Whatever the date, it already feels like it has take a bit too long.
    While I am definitely looking forward to a new raid as well I'd hardly say it's taking too long, 5-6 months of a raid is a pretty good amount of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather say if nobody in your guild has extended leaves of absence during summertime it's made up of kids and unemployed people, but ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Summer releases have been historically bad for completion rates and in general. And yes you don't have to point out the obvious @ realms etc. Sometimes there are actually nice communities of adults you enjoy playing with, that isn't just thrown away easily for progress for some. If all you care about is hanging on twitch and getting the right progress each Tier, your choice is easy. Some people actually build worthwhile friendships and teams.
    Quite the opposite. Adults take their vacations on the weekends and work during the day so they have plenty of time to attend raids at night. It's the college kids and teenagers that are out partying. Or in my case taking a day off and going out on the lake during the day. My nights are still wide open. Holidays are far worse than summer for people disappearing.

Most of the summer raid patches are near the end of the expansion so attrition has already hit pretty hard and people are bored and ready for something new.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-05-27 at 10:18 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If we dont get any news till monday, then I expect patch live 20th and raid 27th, with mythic opening in july, 13th is basically two weeks and a weekend away and usually we get atleast 2 week notice I think, especially when arena season ends.
    This makes no sense. On the first point Blizzard has made patch date announcements less than a week in advance (ex. patch 7.2). Mythic on July 13th makes no sense because it's a Thursday. Also 2 weeks between raid and mythic makes no sense because mythic raids have always opened 1 week after normal/heroic.