Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I just dont understand anyone would legalize it as consumer drug. No matter if its not as dangerous as alcohol or tobacco, it still creates psychological issues if consumed a lot.
    But the same argument exists for alcohol. Alcohol also causes psychological issues if consumed a lot. It's clearly not where you draw the line when it comes to whether something should be legal or not.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Disgusting habit. Think people who indulge in recreational drugs to get high want a level of escapism which is ultimately cowardly. Regardless of intelligence or functionality- at a base level the desire to get "high" is a kind of comfort to their cowardice and fears.
    yet you indulge in a fantasy about a character called "fencers". see the dichotomy between what you are saying and what you are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Exactly. Countries that have decriminalized drugs were extremely successful with this strategy. The US on the other hand have one of the highest incarceration rates on earth and people still use drugs. What a big surprise.
    will do

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I just dont understand anyone would legalize it as consumer drug. No matter if its not as dangerous as alcohol or tobacco, it still creates psychological issues if consumed a lot.

It should only be available as medical aid for people who suffer from pain.
    the so called psychological issues existed before the drug use
    Last edited by metzger84; 2017-05-27 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What a ridiculous argument.
    It does not matter if you disagree with my point of view. The thread asks for our points of view. No formal argument is presented- expressed are my thoughts on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Playing video games for hours upon hours in fake virtual worlds isn't "cowardly" escapism?
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What's your opinion on people who smoke Marijuana?
    Do you avoid them, despise them, indifferent to you?

If you smoke, share your stories, if you have any.

If you don't smoke, tell us what you think.
    "They're sick and perverted people that deserve to be executed." - Jeff Session

Ive tried Weed a few times didnt much care for it

If people enjoy it and it doesnt harm anyone then i fully support its legalization.

This war on drugs needs to stop and instead we need a grown up solution to drug use such as targeted legalizsation and harm reduction strategys.

Keeping it illegal just means more money into El Chapos bank account instead of into the governments treasury which can be used to fund rehab clinics and schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    That solves literally nothing. They can still fine you for it and it's still illegal to grow and sell. It's a cop out to legalization.
    It solves the issue with having to burden the courts and prison system for possession charges.

Sale, manufacture, distribution I feel ought to be penalized. Heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    yet you indulge in a fantasy about a character called "fencers". see the dichotomy between what you are saying and what you are doing?
    I am pretty certain I am real. Or at least as real as my senses communicate an understanding of the world to my mind.

Fantasy typically involves the unreal. In the macro.

I hate marijuana. It's foul.

Regardless, my work has end of week happy hours which include free liquor, baked goods, etc. so my opinion of its users is quite indifferent.

Don't really care but smoking well...anything is bad for you but I know some people take Marijuana using other means than smoking.

Marijuana can also cause some other psychological issues but can help with some other issues so people can make what they will of that.

Doesn't bother me, except the smell when people smoke it.

Smells like shit.

Also if they legalise it then I'll be mad if they don't make it illegal whilst driving, it does have immediate affects on reaction time, cause varying levels of psychosis particular to the user, lower level of coordination that will affect driving.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-05-27 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Some people under legal age are already sexually mature. Forcing everyone to fit socially acceptable norms creates problems
    Got what I was looking for.

Close the thread guys. There is nothing wrong with doing anything as long as its ok elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Well weed isn't a narcotic ( in the medical sense of the word atleast).
    Also are you sure narcotics are Haram? Im asking that because I know people consume opiates openly in some muslim regions ( mainly Afghanistan/ Pakistan).
    Maybe I should say intoxicant?
    I've asked around and /it is*/. Though they usually skip the wine analogy, and go for how it damages your body and social capacities. Before you note that there's no evidence of whatever damage: I'm aware of the talking points. But jurisprudence is settled in a very conservative manner, so they'll bring up every conservative talking point.

* If I'm to explain this in western terms, I'd say that it's haram for me, because that's my personal interpretation. But this is a bit conflicting, since jurisprudence is supposed to not be derived from the individual, but from our texts.
    I wasn't aware of Muslim communities that consume opiates. But it doesn't surprise me that this is considered differently elsewhere. We, after all, have different creeds and faiths. I am aware of hashish being abundant in Morocco, though, and it's certainly not uncommon to find young Muslims doing weed in Spain either.
    So, it's perhaps more correct to say that it's haram in my specific community.
    Last edited by mmoc003aca7d8e; 2017-05-27 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    People who disapprove of weed/hash in any way but drink more than occasionally are the worst people in my eyes.

I smoke and drink on occasion and I say live and let live. Weed is less invasive and dangerous than alcohol. I'd take a bunch of potheads (as dumb as they may be) over a group of alcoholics any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Because it does, only differently.
    then it doesnt do it like alcohol if its different right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty harmless substance. Netherlands needs to make growing the stuff commercially legal already, with the expertise we have in plant breeding it could be a very profitable sector indeed. Too bad the regulation has been ass backwards over here the last few years.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by yFrost View Post
    People who disapprove of weed/hash in any way but drink more than occasionally are the worst people in my eyes.

I smoke and drink on occasion and I say live and let live. Weed is less invasive and dangerous than alcohol. I'd take a bunch of potheads (as dumb as they may be) over a group of alcoholics any day of the week.
    True, you've got people who will shun pot smokers but say nothing to drunks that drink almost everyday or every weekend in large amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is.
    You don't find any hypocrisy in that?

Unless it's for medical use, they're losers and should be in prison for using the drug too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then do it. Prove me wrong. I know a great many people who said the same thing and were smoking again within a few days.
    I quit cold turkey after 7 years of heavy smoking and didn't smoke for 1 year during my last year of studies.

You can always quit smoking weed. I now use it recreational every few weeks.

Other people go into a bar or club multiple times per week getting smashed. Weed smokers usually don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    You don't find any hypocrisy in that?
    No. Seems pretty straight forward.

I use pot to deal with depression/severe anxiety and im actually able to lead a normal life and leave my house.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like them even if they don't generally hurt anybody.