Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    people in 920 gear be warned you can only expect this from blizzard Nerfs.
    What I don't understand is why, in the context of M+ and scaling tech, Blizzard is making a challenge that can be overpowered through gear. Wouldn't it make more sense to preserve the challenge, and thus the reward, by making the difficulty consistent no matter what your iLVL is?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Agreed, but they are adamant with bad decisions, and unlike some other devs, they avoid aknowledging mistakes.
    They're actually historically very good about acknowledging mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I'd say the Mage Tower appearances should no longer be obtainable but by the end of Legion they are going to be so easy to get everyone that wants them will be able to get them, all they'll need is 7.3 LFR gear.

In either case, I'm working on getting the ones I really want now because even if they are 100% confirmed to not be removed, I'm just not going to feel like going back to Legion to grind them out.
    I have every class at 110 and am working them up in gear and skills, but it's utterly unrealistic to think I'll have gotten challenge done on however many all those specs turns out to be. While I can prioritize the ones I like best, in reality it is not a "skill" check it is a "skill relative to current gear" check, and that's already being made gimp by certain levels of gearing/class combination.

There's no harm in leaving them available. More content to do on alts is always a good thing for this game. Past the first few weeks there's no prestige to the damn skins anyhow, so anyone feeling butthurt about extended availability needs to get a life.

I believe Blizz will just leave the Skins alone and just allow you to collect them after the xpac is done.

Blizz said that the chally mode skin will be overpowered at the end and that the achieve is what will matter and i believe that achieve will become a FOS and possibly reward a title like the lock quest did ala 'of the black harvest'

But i doubt they will remove the questline.

I truly do believe and you can mark my words that each skin will still be obtainable in 8.0

Deleted
    I think you will be making a "Huge mistake" if you don't get the appearances you want before they go away.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I agree as it already takes quite a lot of effort to go along and unlock each appearance for each spec. People, years in the future, that true wish to go back and perform long and tedious Legion expansion grinds and achievements for such appearances should be able to get them still, in my opinion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Whats the big deal? Can you use those appearances in a transmog or something? Or are they only able to be used on the artifact weapons themselves? Like, if I used my hidden skin on my BM bow, could I then transmog that skin onto another bow? If the answer is no, then who Cares? You're not going to use the artifact weapons past legion. Its literally a non issue. There is nothing shocking about this, they have said from the start that artifacts wont go beyond legion. The past legendary items are unobtainable beyond the expansions "mop and wod".

I just don't see how this would be a mistake to take away skins for weapons that no one will use anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I don't think they should remove anything, or at least most of the appearances, but I think they need to hurry up and give us a clear, iron-clad answer already. The unknown is very frustrating.

It's like flight in WoD all over again; the subject of debate is almost less aggravating than not knowing which side of the side is what's going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Whats the big deal? Can you use those appearances in a transmog or something? Or are they only able to be used on the artifact weapons themselves? Like, if I used my hidden skin on my BM bow, could I then transmog that skin onto another bow? If the answer is no, then who Cares? You're not going to use the artifact weapons past legion. Its literally a non issue. There is nothing shocking about this, they have said from the start that artifacts wont go beyond legion. The past legendary items are unobtainable beyond the expansions "mop and wod".

I just don't see how this would be a mistake to take away skins for weapons that no one will use anymore.
    They said from the outset that after Legion any appearances you earned during the expansion from artifacts can be mogged onto normal weapons.

Later they said they were still thinking about whether the "during Legion" part will still apply or if you'll be able to earn them as transmogs after Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I still find it amazing that even well worded arguments on this forum get summed down to 'bitching.'

Is it whining when Blizzard says they can't do something due to technical, time or story limitations?
    Well when you're literally finding the absolute most trivial thing to find a problem with, yea that is bitching. Artifact skins in future xpac's is pretty much as trivial as it gets.

They should keep all of then, not only would be stupid to do so since it would be something less keeping people sub, but also the sheer amount of work you need to do to get all appearances and colors its Insane.

There are 36 artifacts with 80 appearances in total plus the color variations.

If one desires all skin they have to: (Not in any order.)

Cap all 12 classes.

Complete all Order Hall campaigns, complete "This side up" achiev which should take 4 months alone but its Account-Wide.

Pray to RNG and get all Hidden artifact skins.
    (Some will make you run a dungeon Hundreds of times before you can get the appearence.)

Kill 12.000 players while using a Hidden artifact skin

Complete 360 Dungeons, 30 each characters this can take longer if you are a Dps or only have the Hidden artifact skin for Dps.

Complete 2400 WQ with the hidden artifact skin.

Reach Prestige 14 with all 12 Classes.

Reach Exalted with Valarjar two times.(Warriors and Priests)

Reach Extalted with Dreamweavers (Druid)

Complete 12 times Balance of Power which means, getting revered with the Nightfallen 12 times.

Beat 8 world bosses that appear randomly every week and can repeat.

Complete a Mythic +15 dungeon 12 times.

Get Glory of the Legion Hero.

Do the Broken shore scenario 12 times.

Complete all 36 quests and artifact challenges,

Kill all Legion Dungeon bosses(again) 12 times.

Win 10 Rated Bgs 12 times.

Kill Kil'jaeden Heroic guess what....12 fucking times.

All of this with the constant reminder if you do not complete everything, you will never be able to get them if Blizzard decide to remove them.

Personally I don't mind if the artifact skins are kept as exclusive transmog appearances to players who got them in Legion.

If you want a the skin just starts working your way towards it. The expansion is not over yet, and won't be for a long time. There will definitely be people who'll do a last inning for the BoP skins the last few months of Legion.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-05-28 at 04:30 AM.

What makes it any different than after pandaria or after draenor? You can't do those quests anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    What makes it any different than after pandaria or after draenor? You can't do those quests anymore.
    Pandaria was 4 cloak appearances. WoD was 0 ring appearances. Legion is over 840 weapon appearances.

They shouldn't have removed the legendary questlines from those expansions, either, they had good lore. And in WoD's case it was important to the cohesion of the expansion itself. They basically removed the middle chapter. They should have at the most removed the legendary rewards, cut down the grinding and kept the questline in the game.

Nope, keep things exclusive.

As of right now, the only really prestigious/difficult skins to obtain are the Mage Tower ones, and maybe the higher tier PvP Prestige ones. By the end of Legion, both will probably be easier to obtain. I don't consider Balance of Power terribly difficult - almost anyone can beat normal Nighthold - but I will concede that a 15+ keystone is also a decent challenge.

I don't really see an issue with allowing the skins to remain obtainable, if people really want to be able to say "I did this when it was hard" they have a date on their challenge appearance achievement. Or maybe Blizzard could leave the skins but give a Feat of Strength for completing the Mage Tower bosses at 110 pre-8.0? Like they did with the green fire questline. Maybe add titles for them, too; Agatha's Bane, Killer of Kruul, Xylem's Apprentice, etc.

Just my 2 cents. For context I've completed all 3 challenge bosses for Rogue, as well as Fury Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Nobody should care about some useless skins. In fact, Blizzard should give them for free. (temporary) Power, not looks should be what separates the good players from the others.
    This is a weird post, because I agree and disagree with chunks of it.

I think no one should care about skins in the sense that they should be exclusive timed rewards.

I don't think Blizzard should give them for free, you should have to earn them. There just shouldn't be a time limit on doing so.

I agree that player power should be the mark of what separates player in terms of skill. I can't beat another player's DPS in a raid or in PvP, I know they're a good player. As much as I enjoy collecting, I literally do not take notice of other player's characters enough to even identify if they're wearing a tier set, let alone if it's Mythic current raiding gear, so their outfit doesn't mean anything to me in terms of how skilled they are.

If I ever DO see a nice armour set and look it up, nothing makes me stop caring/more bitter than realising I can never obtain it. I don't think "wow, that player's really good, I want to be like him/her", I think "great, more rewards no one can earn anymore" and move on, frustrated at the artificial value added to the appearances to appease the minority who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    What does that have to do with the topic of this thread?
    Absolutely nothing, because I posted it in the wrong thread. Ooops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think..

If you have unlocked the criteria for an artifact appearance on one character, then you should be able to unlock that same criteria on all other characters post-legion.

So if you got all 4 of the Balance of Power appearances on a Druid, for instance, post-legion, you'll be able to unlock them on your Monk reroll. But if you failed to get your last prestige unlock, then you can never get it on any character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I think..

If you have unlocked the criteria for an artifact appearance on one character, then you should be able to unlock that same criteria on all other characters post-legion.

So if you got all 4 of the Balance of Power appearances on a Druid, for instance, post-legion, you'll be able to unlock them on your Monk reroll. But if you failed to get your last prestige unlock, then you can never get it on any character.
    I'm totally fine with this, too. At the very least it will stop the screwage that comes from people changing main classes and being unable to use the equivalent appearances, or even earn them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    right, you don't have any cite. You're making shit up, as usual.

Hint: it's up to the person making assertions to support them. Not the rest of us.
    And I cba proving anything to strangers on command so cry me a river

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they suddenly make stuff unavailable like that it goes against their years of keeping content available.

Anyone remember the whole black/plagued proto drake Immortal/Undying case? Mounts were removed to be a big unique reward for people who completed it.

Huge backlash, and further Glory of the X raider mounts been in the game ever since Ulduar.

Removing artifact appearaces is like removing mounts. Also they'd have to make pretty much every legion class hall/artifact appearance achievements feat of strengths if they change the system so drasticly.