Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    it doesnt intoxicate peoples mind. And it doesnt hamper thier ability to reason. If your going to shit on it either use the proper terms or learn what it does.
    So you don't get high when smoking weed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yes, and yes.

The very first time I smoked actual good weed, I didn't drive. More out of anxiety than anything. But I was reasonable enough to know it would affect my driving at that point. After getting more comfortable with it, driving while high wasn't any different than driving while not high. It really doesn't affect you in the way non-smokers seem to think.
    Try telling that to a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So it doesnt, as he said
    Or, you could read the sentence as if it was written in english and that's a language you understand, because the correct parsing of the sentence is clearly:

"Where do you people get this idea that smoking a joint impairs your driving [,] like alcohol" as opposed to your contention that it should be "Where do you people get this idea that smoking a joint impairs your driving in the exact same fashion as alcohol"

Or you could just admit you didn't communicate effectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend vapes weed daily, I'd rather her not but she says it helps her with her anxiety and ADHD. I agree with her that weed is healthier than taking prescription drugs for those issues (Xanax & Adderall), however I do believe that weed will make her anxiety worse and become even more of a crutch long-term.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

getting high=/=intoxicated. It's not even close to the same thing.
    It is the same thing. Your state of mind is altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hair tests usually go back 90 days, at least that was the case when I had one 6 years ago.
    It can go back 3-4 months. Piss test can go back a month.
    Depends on how much you want to spend.

Do you honestly wanna know? Potheads, should be self explanatory. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Can you drive while high? Are you in full control of your mental capacity while high?
    Can you while on pain medications, or alcohol?

Yet both are legal

i judge them the same way i judge everyone else i either like you or hate you which one it is depends on how you act not simply a substance you use

What kind of argument is that? I'm not saying it's legal or that it should be legal to smoke while high because a lot of people probably are affected by it.
    Wait, I thought it was harmless.

I know I'm not because I've done it for literally 4 years and have never even had a traffic citation. I'm telling you that it doesn't impair you as much as you seem to believe. Not sure why telling that to a cop is relevant, like they'd know if they haven't smoked either.
    You think you are. Just because nothing has happened does not mean it can't. And admitting to criminal activity does not really help your case.

Not to the same severity though. Not even close. Being tired is probably more detrimental to your driving ability than being high.
    Other things being more dangerous does not mean weed isn't.

That is pretty nuts, I didn't realize so many people where failing drug tests. To boot a lot of it is for heroine/methamphetamine's etc. In regards to pot, I find it odd how some employers handle drugs tests considering how long it stays in your system.
    *shrugs* Most employers have to be sensitive to liability issues.
    Doubtful. Most jobs don't care about if you did drugs a year ago, just if you're doing them now. Hardly anywhere will do a hair test.
    You can doubt my experience as much as you want. But I work with heavy machinery and I sure as hell encourage surprise drug testing as often as possible. (and their all hair tests)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs* Most employers have to be sensitive to liability issues. You can doubt my experience as much as you want. But I work with heavy machinery and I sure as hell encourage surprise drug testing as often as possible. (and their all hair tests)
    Same could be said for alcohol, they should be testing to see if you're under the influence while at work not what you do in your free time (in regards to stuff like alcohol/pot).

I should add that I agree with you, most higher paying jobs do a hair test, at least around here, but I work in IT so we don't have random tests.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It can go back 3-4 months. Piss test can go back a month.
    Depends on how much you want to spend.
    A number of Elite Australian football players have recently been picked up with possession of a small amount of Cocaine while nightclubbing in the Cities.

These well paid Footballers know a snort of Coke will be out of their system within 2 days .

Also , Australian footballers tend to escape conviction for drug possession. Unlike the plebs who support them.

Saying that, the reason they do deadlier Coke and Ecstasy, is because if they smoked a joint , it would still be traceable for a very long time.

Yet Marijuana is less harmful. And sports people get drug tested all the time.

Marijuana does NOT increase your performance on the field. In fact Marijuana can help pain from a sports injury.

I think the doping system of Sportspeople should be more Lenient on Marijuana smoking Athletes.

Maybe the system should look at Michael Phelps the USA 28 Gold Medal Swimmer, who admits to smoking Marijuana.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anthon..._11525628.html

Same could be said for alcohol, they should be testing to see if you're under the influence while at work not what you do in your free time (in regards to stuff like alcohol/pot). I should add that I agree with you, most higher paying jobs do a hair test, at least around here, but I work in IT so we don't have random tests.
    Dude, if you're drunk you're fired...no need to test that at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'd be interested in listening to those smoking marijuana against anxiety.
    After years of anxiety, depression, and especially insomnia, I tried some after my friend got his card. For the first-time in at least 3 years, I felt normal. I wasn't high, just had enough to feel okay with things and slept soundly. Not passed out, just regular sleep.

It scared me a little bit later on when I realized exactly how messed up i normally am, but it felt good to live without anxiety for a couple hours.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont mind em really, i find alcohol worse tbh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Dude, if you're drunk you're fired...no need to test that at all.
    Yeah I know and agree with that, point being just like they won't fire you if you drink in your spare time why is pot any different?

That's idiotic though. If someone goes a vacation for a week and decides to smoke some weed and then has an accident at work while completely sober a month later and fails a hair test they're fired for failing a drug test. That's really shitty.
    Liability issues are a reality.
    And an accident usually means a lawsuit. A lawsuit that they'll lose because of a failed test.

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure why anyone takes Elba seriously he's proven time and time again to not be worth the time to speak to
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

I think they're lame as fuck and weak. I think people who drink alcohol are the same, if it's any condolence.

Yeah I know and agree with that, point being just like they won't fire you if you drink in your spare time why is pot any different?
    A guy I used to know signed out a bunch of material and equipment worth a little over half a million one morning. He never wrote anything down. Smoked a bone during lunch and forgot everything...including who he dealt with. Half a million dollars worth of equipment...missing...Manager was furious, fired him on the spot. And flat out told him he was lucky he didn't do worse...(Like make him pay for the lost stuff...we eventually did find it all, so that was that)