Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Polyamory is more natural than monogamy if we look at how humans evolved. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

Monogamy is an outcome of a society that demands two things: extensive labor, and nuclear families. Both give large societies an advantage over those that don't adopt these obligations because an assumption of labor allows for mobilization of force, while nuclear families allow for control over individuals due to a mitigated threat of faction formation.
    I am not sure what you are implying either, but it is a fallacy to assume that something is optimal because it is natural. Humans have evolved to this point for a reason. I don't have anything against the poly community, but when they say their way is better than everything else it makes me face palm.

Quote Originally Posted by dcschess05 View Post
    but when they say their way is better than everything else it makes me face palm.
    not to argue with you, but when *anyone* makes that claim, it makes me face palm.

I think I should find my own way, and I'm generally open to helping other people find *their* own way.... but even in that, I accept that there's a lot of people/situations, where its best to simply hop on the bus and not argue with the driver about the best route.

But when people unilaterally determine that "their way is the best way" and aren't willing to accept alteration or discussion about certain aspects... it leaves me thinking that they're either running a con and hiding the falsities... or simply willfully ignorant.

Especially in matters of Love, (stuff) gets personal. What works for one person, doesn't work for another.

"I got a puppy for my wife for valentine's day. She loves it. Everyone should get puppies." !@#$ing stupid.

To each its own, but here sounds like the person is incapable of controlling themselves and will cheat even if it didn't reach an agreement with its partner. Sounds more like an excuse to cheating than actually supporting the idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    To each its own, but here sounds like the person is incapable of controlling themselves and will cheat even if it didn't reach an agreement with its partner. Sounds more like an excuse to cheating than actually supporting the idea.
    I would never call polyamory an alternative to cheating.
    Polyamory only works if both people are in it with the same commitment and trust each other.
    It's not a "either it's this way or..."
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    If people feel the need to be with more than one person, maybe they shouldn't be in a serious relationship. Why tie yourself down when you're not ready? But it's not any of my business what others do.

- - - Updated - - -

Polyamory is more natural than monogamy if we look at how humans evolved. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

Monogamy is an outcome of a society that demands two things: extensive labor, and nuclear families. Both give large societies an advantage over those that don't adopt these obligations because an assumption of labor allows for mobilization of force, while nuclear families allow for control over individuals due to a mitigated threat of faction formation.
    So we should all go with what our ancestors did? Because a whole lot of other fucked up things were "natural" too. And many things we do today aren't considered natural. What's load of bs.

Polyamory is a thing I would never be able to comprehend. From my rock love means commiting to someone emotionally which doesnt leave any room for another person. Open relationships however are possible and do exists (they are fucking hard though). It takes two very confident human beings who are content with their emotions and able to completely separate your partner and your "fling" to pull that off.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

My wife had wants and needs that I can’t and don’t want to fulfil.

She gets those needs fulfilled by her boyfriend. I get some things from my girlfriend that my wife can’t or is unwilling to provide. Everyone’s happy!
    This line made me laugh so hard. What a loser.

- - - Updated - - -

Polyamory is more natural than monogamy if we look at how humans evolved.
    I hope you know the "natural way" you are talking about only applies to men right? If we are talking from an evolutionary stand point, men should mate with lots of women and should not share them.

I find this "it is more natural" argument to be a complete horseshit. If you are so about being natural, why use god damn computers? To me, this is nothing more than an attempt to legitimize (in a social way) cheating.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-05-28 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Can we please go back to tennisace being banned?
    so i gues Tennisace is a conservative haha since shes against Polyamory

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This line made me laugh so hard. What a loser.
    What makes him a loser exactly? He seems happy with his life choices.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Somebody can be happy wearing a gimp suit all day every day in a pawn shop basement, doesn't mean folks can't or won't see it as mock-worthy.

seriously, why is a concept of loving multiple people so hard to grasp? I mean, obviously its not for everyone, some people can only be romantically involved with a single person, but the thing is... in the end its love. some people love many - platonicaly. some people love many - romanticaly. do whatever works for you and STOP judging ffs. as long as they are not hurting anyone, what the hell is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Somebody can be happy wearing a gimp suit all day every day in a pawn shop basement, doesn't mean folks can't or won't see it as mock-worthy.
    And he can be in his gimp suit in the basement mocking you for your boring life.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

And he can be in his gimp suit in the basement mocking you for your boring life.
    Yeah, but he's the little pervert in the gimp suit.

Just like the guy in the story, his life he can do what he want, but I find it hard to have a very respectable view of a man who carries on like that.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Yeah, but he's the little pervert in the gimp suit.

Just like the guy in the story, his life he can do what he want, but I find it hard to have a very respectable view of a man who carries on like that.
    We're all perverts in someone else's point of view.

I'm tempted to shit on the OP just for being the usual tabloid reading vaccuous.. well anyway, I sadly do find myself on the side of people that can't help but laugh at all these new proposed lifestyles. I once read some garbage that in the future everyone will be having multiple partners in different cities, which was clearly based on the authors experience as a globe trotter and their utter disconnect with people who have actual jobs that doesn't involve, I think it was displaying photos or somethng like that. Like with many other things I'm utterly disgusted by people that would propse something like that to me, but if it truly floats their boat good for them.

Though I have to admit I usually suspect that people that tout this as awesome are not as honest with themselves as they should be. Rarely does it seem like 2 people with the same mindset find one another and one just goes along with it because they actually love their partner too much. There are various other observations, but in the end it comes to people often lacking the ability to reflect on themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hitler died trying to prevent this shit.

Those lines are full of insecurity. What else do you need to know? Besides, who says all your needs need to be satisfied in a relationship? You are not buying a service...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Hitler died trying to prevent this shit.
    The saddest part of this sentence is the truth of it. He wasn't a hero by any means but your not wrong.

If it's two consenting adults doing that, I don't see why I should care.

I wouldn't, but w/e, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    The saddest part of this sentence is the truth of it. He wasn't a hero by any means but your not wrong.
    I am almost sure you subconsciously think hitler was a hero.