Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    It about time, we need to start working on making good automobiles again like the Jeep. God bless Donald Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean reasonable and logical. This can only do good.

so stupid, no logic and no reason applied.

don't you know when you remove competition you remove the things that make companies make their products better....

the only thing this will accomplish is a trade war that will result in our auto companies getting tariff and taxed to death in other countries.

history has already proven this time and time again

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I really think a lot of this has to do with Merkel and Obama and how close those two are. She made statements after finding out Trump won the election.

“Germany and America are connected by values of democracy, freedom and respect for the law and the dignity of man, independent of origin, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political views,”

It was small poke at Trump. Also, she met with Obama before meeting Trump at their NATO meeting. She says it was scheduled way before the NATO meeting was. Still Trumps fragile ego cant handle things like this.
    Fair guess he watched the enthusiasm Barack H. Obama was greeted with yesterday here in Germany. Donald will never get so much love here.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-05-26 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Forget about cars. Where will I get my TVs from if they tax imports from Asia.
    Practically every electronic device. We will just pay more for the item until a manufacturing base is built. We did it to ourselves starting in the 90's on consumer goods by demanding lower prices.

Should we classify this as racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Or we can file it under man-baby-trantrum-dickish-pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The sexist card soon is soon to follow!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Or we can file it under man-baby-trantrum-dickish-pandering.
    So what ? Of all the his talk: what can Trump really do and what is utter nonsense ?

Deleted
    That'll make them fuehrerious.

Ha ha ha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I know....
    He still isn't setting a very good example. Practice what you preach.
    So if you know that that it's not how it works, why follow up with "practice what you preach"? Are you an idiot?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    So what ? Of all the his talk: what can Trump really do and what is utter nonsense ?
    Are you reiterating my point or genuinely asking?

Deleted
    Well, for me japanese cars are the best cars currently. Even if i am from germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sure, if you actually use those features. I know many environmental liberals who also happen to be farmers, and they own larger vehicles with those features... and it's because they actually use them. It's why I'm certain the combustion engine will probably never completely disappear - there's a use for it, and people have need of those perfectly legitimate uses.

I live in a city of about 120k, with mountains very close by that I love to visit and go hiking/jogging in, as well as the beach not too far away either. We have a bunch of city rednecks and Beverly Hillbillies who buy giant vehicles with those features, then never use them.

Went out camping with some friends one time, and one friend's car got stuck in the mud. One of the people with us was one of said city rednecks who had a massive truck with lots of the accessories. We asked him to use that fancy winch that looked like it had never been used, and lo and behold it had in fact, never been used, and he had no idea how to use it.

Cargo space has never been an issue in any of my cars either, and the only time I can ever imagine it being an issue is for people with actual compact cars and other tiny models.

One reason I'm getting a Tesla once more supercharging stations proliferate - even more trunk space in both the back and the front since there's no massive engine to take up a ton of space.
    A winch isn't that complicated to use, that's unfortunate that guy didn't even bother to make sense of using a winch. It doesn't take that long to know how to use and It only takes a week or even less to master it. Recovering vehicles isn't that hard to do.

It's still good to have it around just in case. I like knowing I have those features and can use those freely and do it myself at anytime, I don't like bothering asking other companies to do it for me, I prefer learning how to do things myself, YouTube usually does a good job at it or I ask someone to help me. Ignore the ones who don't use a canopy for their truck, those are usually the posers.

And those features don't have to be associated with just trucks,
    Dodge Durangos
    ford rangers
    Jeep Grand Cherokees

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The point is, it's not the size of the vehicle. It's the size of the engine and the fuel being used. More power, usually means more emissions. And idk about you, but I see a few of those cars (mentioned in the article) quite often on the roadways, especially the Camaro.
    Since the standards on max CO and CO2 emissions in the EU are lower than in the US, i doubt they produce more emissions... The NOx and PM max emissions however are lower in the US, hence why the whole fuckery by VW happened and why there are less diesels sold in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Since the standards on max CO and CO2 emissions in the EU are lower than in the US, i doubt they produce more emissions... The NOx and PM max emissions however are lower in the US, hence why the whole fuckery by VW happened and why there are less diesels sold in the US.
    Exactly...
    The emissions standards are a lot different in the US. California is the most stringent for example.
    Like I stated earlier in the thread, only about 1% of the vehicles in the US are diesel as opposed the over 50% in Europe. Gasoline is about a 1/3 of the cost here too compared to Europe. $1.99/gallon or about 51 cents/liter or about .57 Euros/liter. And that is before discounts. Diesel is about 5-7% more in my area.

Exactly...
    The emissions standards are a lot different in the US. California is the most stringent for example.
    Like I stated earlier in the thread, only about 1% of the vehicles in the US are diesel as opposed the over 50% in Europe. Gasoline is about a 1/3 of the cost here too compared to Europe. $1.99/gallon or about 51 cents/liter or about .57 Euros/liter. And that is before discounts. Diesel is about 5-7% more in my area.
    Cost plays a role, but it's not the key factor in this discussion, tbh.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Supply and demand Mr. Manchild president.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hillarious how he became president, but then... america. Dont need to say more.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Very unlikely all German cars are built in the US. In addition, more than likely some of the parts are imported. Those parts will receive a tariff.

- - - Updated - - -

I see you edited my quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Putting one's country above others is being "retarded"? Surely your country's leader doesn't place it's own citizens welfare above the welfare of other countries. Is this what you are suggesting?
    Thats far from what l'm suggesting, my post is pretty clear tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Little update on what was actually said by Trump:
    "What he meant was..."

It's worth noting that the original story cites people who are not Cohn, and also, links links to another story that shows that Cohn, as Trump has done, does not know that EU members do not negotiate trade deals separately. That's the point. I'm curious how he thinks he can bully the EU into a better trade situation, while also doing the same to Mexico and Canada. At some point, everyone else will just join China's new "like TPP but without the US" partnership and starve us out for four years.