Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Widow can use cover better than Pharah can, and Pharah can't hear Widow. Widow can very much hear Pharah; from half the map away. It's incredibly rare a Pharah will sneak up on me, and if they do it's because they came hunting on the ground first to avoid making the noise - and in that time, they weren't causing my team any problems, and were at quite a risk of running into others on my team who could give her lots of them.

There's good reason she doesn't dominate the higher end of play; because they can deal with her like this very easily so it's not worth it. People under-estimate at the lower end how easy it is with some practice - particularly when you rightly say, the Pharahs themselves aren't as good.
    I agree that Widow handles her but Pharah does do well at higher levels of play because you can't pick Widow on defense, or in general because higher levels of play is all dive.

An American team has been dismantling most of the western scene because their PharMercy duo is really strong compared to others.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-05-27 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Stacking heroes has not been possible since season 1, almost a year ago. Season 1 SR was also out of one hundred not 5k, so it is literally impossible for them to have been 3k SR apart even back then. If you haven't played this season (and you haven't if your issue is overcoming stacked heroes), you have no SR so your accounts cannot be 3k apart; they are exactly equal at zero.

MMR is invisible so surely you're not comparing the numbers there.

If you want to criticise the game then go for it, but do it based on actual reality and not what you imagine the game is like.
    Technically, hero stacking was a thing in Season 1. For less than a month though, so I highly doubt it affected someone that much.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over.../20746674467#1

That being said, it sounds more like araine's problem is they refuse to try to get their original count higher, and just bought a new one instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Technically, hero stacking was a thing in Season 1. For less than a month though, so I highly doubt it affected someone that much.
    I know, that's what I said - that hadn't been possible since season 1. But even then, stacking 5 torb or 5 symm was never part of the meta (and would have been pretty uncommon in Comp since so easily counter-able), even for those brief two weeks that you actually could have done it. Top end meta was x2 Winston/Tracer/Lucio but even in lower ranks you mostly just saw x2 or x3 of some heroes and five or six stacks were left to Quick Play for messing around.

And he couldn't even be talking about S1 anyway since the rating scale was out of 100 rather than 5000 so even if he was talking about those two weeks like it was still relevant -- and it wouldn't be of course -- it is impossible that his accounts be 3000 rating apart. Maybe thirty rating apart.

Sooooo basically nothing that was said was possible at any time. It has never been possible to stack heroes at the same time it has been possible to get two accounts 3000 rating apart.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know, that's what I said - that hadn't been possible since season 1. But even then, stacking 5 torb or 5 symm was never part of the meta (and would have been pretty uncommon in Comp since so easily counter-able), even for those brief two weeks that you actually could have done it. Top end meta was x2 Winston/Tracer/Lucio but even in lower ranks you mostly just saw x2 or x3 of some heroes and five or six stacks were left to Quick Play for messing around.

And he couldn't even be talking about S1 anyway since the rating scale was out of 100 rather than 5000 so even if he was talking about those two weeks like it was still relevant -- and it wouldn't be of course -- it is impossible that his accounts be 3000 rating apart. Maybe thirty rating apart.

Sooooo basically nothing that was said was possible at any time. It has never been possible to stack heroes at the same time it has been possible to get two accounts 3000 rating apart.
    Oh, I read it as like, "Season 1 and the rest had no hero stacking".

Pharmacy can't be an issue if they both are fething dead.
    Bastion does that just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I've been pulling out Bastion every time I see a Pharmacy or just a Pharah that is running wild on us.

Also a great combo is a Sombra hacking a health pack and Bastion going turret on top of it, between self heal and constant pack respawns Bastion becomes an unkillable death machine to the point that I had 5 people ignoring the Ilios lighthouse control point trying to kill me while my team won the objective.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

So I read Blizz's placement system gets more unsure where you belong after a long absence from the game. Which I'm pretty sure I took after going back to TF2 for a while. Sure enough I've had some amazing wins in the games I've come back to now where I do far better than I normally did before. Guessing the MMR system is placing me far lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I read Blizz's placement system gets more unsure where you belong after a long absence from the game. Which I'm pretty sure I took after going back to TF2 for a while. Sure enough I've had some amazing wins in the games I've come back to now where I do far better than I normally did before. Guessing the MMR system is placing me far lower.
    This is part of the reason I haven't bothered with comp this season (did one placement).
    Season three I did six placements before losing interest.

Thinking next season I may actually do my placements if for no other reason than points for a golden gun. Couldn't care less about competitive after that. Busted my ass season one in a 6-stack with chill people. Season 2 I tried to play with my friends and they get too worked up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    This is part of the reason I haven't bothered with comp this season (did one placement).
    Season three I did six placements before losing interest.

Thinking next season I may actually do my placements if for no other reason than points for a golden gun. Couldn't care less about competitive after that. Busted my ass season one in a 6-stack with chill people. Season 2 I tried to play with my friends and they get too worked up about it.
    Yeah I'm just doing them for the hell of it now. Don't care if I win or lose, just wishing there were less required matches. The sooner I'm out of this toxic hell the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So care to explain how you overcome 5 torb meta or 5 symmetra meta that i got fucked with on my original account that has over 200hrs played by now my new account only has about 150 hrs but should that 55-60 hrs played mean it should have over 3000 better rating the amount of time played is pretty high on both only difference one accoutn didnt get trolled by 5 torb and 5 symmetras in placement matches longtime ago
    5 torb meta? Hero stacking was possible during S1, and back then rating was 1-99 (or 100?).

You're free to take your trolling somewhere else kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah I'm just doing them for the hell of it now. Don't care if I win or lose, just wishing there were less required matches. The sooner I'm out of this toxic hell the better.
    Kinda makes it sound like you're not part of the solution there.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if they are stupid enough to fly to basically melee range where Bastion actually still hits his shots in turret mode. Other than that, no. Bastion will be the one fething dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Wouldn't be the Overwatch forum if there weren't people throwing around assumptions!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Also a great combo is a Sombra hacking a health pack and Bastion going turret on top of it, between self heal and constant pack respawns Bastion becomes an unkillable death machine to the point that I had 5 people ignoring the Ilios lighthouse control point trying to kill me while my team won the objective.
    this is great. why haven't I thought of this before?

S Tier (>=95% Usage Rate): NO ONE !?!?!!

Tier 1 (>80% Usage Rate): Lucio (92%)

Tier 2 (>50% Usage Rate): Tracer (78%), Winston (74%), D.Va (60%), Soldier 76 (50%)

Tier 3 (>20% Usage Rate): Zenyatta (42%), Genji (40%), Ana (40%), Reinhardt (27%), Zarya (23%), Mercy (21%), Pharah (20%)

Tier 4 (>5% Usage Rate): Roadhog (18%), McCree (5%)

Tier 5 (<5% Usage Rate): Sombra (4%), Widowmaker (4%), Mei (1%), Torbjorn (1%), Bastion (0%), Reaper (0%), Hanzo (0%), Orisa (0%), Symmetra (0%), Junkrat (0%)

-

Pretty happy to see this, game looks pretty balanced in pro play so it should be even more diverse in regular comp games.

Sad to see the state of defense heroes but they're mostly fine in MM so it's alright.

Pharah/Mercy basically having the exact same usage is cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 torb meta? Hero stacking was possible during S1, and back then rating was 1-99 (or 100?).

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if they are stupid enough to fly to basically melee range where Bastion actually still hits his shots in turret mode. Other than that, no. Bastion will be the one fething dead.
    You use recon mode on Bastion to deal with Pharah. It's very accurate, better than 76 for about the same DPS, and you have a self heal while moving.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-28 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 out of 10 placements won,

result 1386, totally worth it :/

Sure as sure, because Bastion himself is immovable object and can't choose where to appear, when to attack and plant himself.
    F.e. On Volskaya point B, bastion denies pharah completely. All she can there is to hover somewhere far enough away, which basically alleviates her as a threat to team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    this is great. why haven't I thought of this before?
    Because it sounds absolutely stupid. Why wouldn't the team just ignore that Bastion and go for control point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You use recon mode on Bastion to deal with Pharah. It's very accurate, better than 76 for about the same DPS, and you have a self heal while moving.
    Oh, right. Why not just go for Widowmaker then? Outside of that Pharah nuking, the Bastion is just so much inferior to S76. Widowmaker can actually oneshot Pharah.

Sounds kinda pointless to go Bastion for Pharah.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure as sure, because Bastion himself is immovable object and can't choose where to appear, when to attack and plant himself.
    F.e. On Volskaya point B, bastion denies pharah completely. All she can there is to hover somewhere far enough away, which basically alleviates her as a threat to team.
    Yea, I'll just go with "I'll believe that when I actually for first time in my life see Bastion countering Pharah".

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So care to explain why the 2 accounts have over 3000 rating difference yeah thought so must be that the ranking system works amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, right. Why not just go for Widowmaker then? Outside of that Pharah nuking, the Bastion is just so much inferior to S76. Widowmaker can actually oneshot Pharah.

Sounds kinda pointless to go Bastion for Pharah.
    Bastion is significantly better. He was better before Soldier 76's nerf, for that matter. Here's the stats;

Bastion's damage per shot; 6-20
    Soldier 76's damage per shot; 6-19
    Advantage: Bastion.

Bastion's rate of fire: 8 rounds/second
    Soldier's rate of fire: 8.77 rounds/second

Advantage to Soldier here, but this only applies to full-auto fire, which you don't use against a Pharah because of bloom, so not really relevant.

Bastion's falloff range: 26-50m
    Soldier's falloff range: 30-55m
    The extra 5m will likely edge Soldier's damage up SLIGHTLY, if Pharah's that close, but again, lower bullet damage to begin with. Likely a wash.

Helix rockets aren't really useful due to travel time and the lack of surfaces to splash against, so offensively, Recon Bastion and Soldier 76 are nearly identical, with Soldier 76's advantages in close-range full-auto fire being unhelpful.

Now, defensively;

Bastion's health: 200, with 100 armor
    Soldier's health: 200
    100 armor is a pretty big deal. It's more than a 50% increase in survivability (since it provides damage reduction). Big advantage Bastion.

Bastion healing: 75 health/second, up to 4 seconds, so 300 health total, recharges to full in 7 seconds (can be used at partial amounts, no cooldown).
    Soldier healing: 40 health/second, for 5 seconds, so 200 health total, cooldown 15 seconds.
    Bastion heals 50% more, significantly faster, and can do a full heal twice in the time Soldier gets to heal once. He can also heal as needed, rather than waiting on a single cooldown. Again, hugely in favor of Bastion.

I don't see how Sprint overcomes that kind of survivability advantage at taking out a Pharah. Offensively, they're close to identical (in Bastion's Recon form), but defensively, Bastion's at a major advantage. Unless you're relying on Soldier's Ultimate to take out Pharah, which is a waste.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-05-28 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I did say "if". I do personally go for Widowmaker every time, but some people don't like her, don't have the confidence, or just prefer the automatics. In this case, Bastion is entirely workable as Endus explains.