Thread: Curious Thought

Curious Thought

I had a curious thought

What if the way arcane charges was reversed? So with 0 charges spells would do maximum damage and with 4 chargers they did minimum damage. but Abarr did more damage based on the number of time you casted a spell at 4 charges. The concept provokes thought, dunno if it'd be any good or fun even, but it's interesting to think about.

Deleted
    Makes no sense. You would not be able to quickly burn mana and cast few max dmg ab.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Makes no sense. You would not be able to quickly burn mana and cast few max dmg ab.
    no, but, if it also became cheaper as you gained charges that'd be better

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    no, but, if it also became cheaper as you gained charges that'd be better
    Well, I'm curious as to what your 'thinking about it' has come up with?

What do you see would be better/worse etc?

From what I can see it would remove all 'style' from the game play as you'd pretty much be forced into ABx4/ABar every time with no real choice.

Right now I can ABx10 if I want, or ABx2 ... but under your system the ONLY way to play would be ABxn/Abar where n is a fixed calculable number between 1 and 4.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, I'm curious as to what your 'thinking about it' has come up with?

What do you see would be better/worse etc?

From what I can see it would remove all 'style' from the game play as you'd pretty much be forced into ABx4/ABar every time with no real choice.

Right now I can ABx10 if I want, or ABx2 ... but under your system the ONLY way to play would be ABxn/Abar where n is a fixed calculable number between 1 and 4.
    actually i was thinking Abx2>Abar would be the burn phase with AB spam the conserve phase, though stuff like nova, missiles, orb, weapon and tempest could be worked into the rotation.

abx4>abarr would cost too much mana

abx4>abarr would cost exactly the same and do as much damage in both systems. The difference is the AB damage would peak at the start, the ABarr peak at the end.

However, you would have removed ANY reason to do anything except the ABxn>ABar that the maths says, thus devaluing the rotation completely.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    actually i was thinking Abx2>Abar would be the burn phase with AB spam the conserve phase, though stuff like nova, missiles, orb, weapon and tempest could be worked into the rotation.

Arcane burst is the moment where you try to quickly burn as much mana as u can. 2x AB + ArB would take far too long to do it and it would be almost impossible with kilt. Moreover, all your abilities are designed to generate Arcane Charge so you can keep your dmg high, so with your design generating AC would be dps loss in any situation, and you wouldn't want or even can cast multiple AM in a row, because their dmg would drop. Your new idea of design just makes no sense.