Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just can't bring myself to drive Alistair to just be a drunk by sparing Loghain.

I LOVE HIM TOO MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You don't have to, you just had to do his hardening quest and get him to marry Anora.
    Naw she's a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Ever tried playing DA:O on nightmare mode with a party without a dedicated mage healer, most likely cause Wynne is dead and morrigan wasn't specced into it from the start?

"bit too easy" is putting the strengths of having a dedicated healer mage around pretty lightly.
    Well you can get around it with poultice chugging, but yeah the combat in Origins is clearly designed with a healer in mind.

It's why I was excited for no healing on Mages in Inquisition. In practice Barrier effects were almost as mandatory, but at least you could also use Guard (and +Guard items on Rogues) to achieve a similar end.

I think a good middle ground would be to make healing spells non-spammable. Give them either a long cooldown or punishing resource cost, so that they need to be used at the right moment rather than just a brainless band-aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Naw she's a bitch.
    agreed. Also, her speech was AWFUL compared to AListair's.

The runs where I'm romancing Zevran, I just make him solo king because Anora is annoying.

and..I kinda miss how they added a mini expac in Awakening. Thats probably a pipe dream considering they cna just pump out DLC's now but I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    This was with I went with, while running away into the mirror with Morrigan.
    Yep to raise your dragon god baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    agreed. Also, her speech was AWFUL compared to AListair's.

The runs where I'm romancing Zevran, I just make him solo king because Anora is annoying.

and..I kinda miss how they added a mini expac in Awakening. Thats probably a pipe dream considering they cna just pump out DLC's now but I liked it.
    Different times when Awakening was around. DLC wasn't..if I recall as super common. DLC is far as I know the way of things...(And I really wish it was more decent sized expansions instead)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Different times when Awakening was around. DLC wasn't..if I recall as super common. DLC is far as I know the way of things...(And I really wish it was more decent sized expansions instead)
    those were better times. i wish it was still like that.

that's apparently what the witcher's dlc is like. an expansion. i don't like that game though, so idk what it's like actually.

i hope future dragon age, elder scrolls, and fallout learn that this is what people want the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Never did like the Witcher setting. Just...wasnt for me. Gave 1 and 2 a shot, hated it after a few hours. Not gonna bother with 3 since i just didnt like the setting and Geralt in general.

Different strokes for different folks and all. I like what Bioware does.
    Same here. I had to struggle to get through The Witcher 3. It was obvious it was quality made but I just didn't like it. As you say, different strokes for different folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Same here. I had to struggle to get through The Witcher 3. It was obvious it was quality made but I just didn't like it. As you say, different strokes for different folks.
    Which is fine, personally I think you guys are missing out but ya know liveand let live.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I personally love the setting quite a lot, since I grew up with those myths and legends, but I find Geralt and Ciri to be the least likeable characters in it. Go figure. The second one is one of my favourite games ever, though - the choice was sublime enough for sometimes not to realise how you're making a choice - I never even knew you can side with the elves or Saskia in the second one, and I played it twice.

I like BioWare, too. I was let down by Andromeda a bit, and I've let it simmer for a bit, waiting for patches and DLC to show up. So far, BioWare's damage control has been decent, and I'm hoping that the complete edition at the end, with all bits and bobs will be a good enough game.

I really enjoyed Inquisition's combat, a bit more than Andromeda's. I finished it as both Archery Rogue and the most aggressive mage possible, and was halfway through a Shield Warrior when my last HDD burned out. The difference is enough to consider replayability (after you grit your teeth for the Hinterlands).

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    If you want to go by "facts" Metacritic lists the following RPG's as all higher rated then the Witcher 3:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Mass Effect 2
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Final Fantasy IX
    Chrono Cross
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Personally I feel that the Baldur's Gate series, Planescape Torment, Chrono Trigger, Mass Effect 2, Breath of The Wild and Morrowind are better RPG's then the Witcher 3. That being said both myself and Metacritic consider Witcher 3 as one of the finest RPG's ever made.

Shit like this is why I don't respect critic opinions. Sorry but Oblivion and Skyrim don't even come NEAR Witcher 3. It was also the rating given FOR ITS TIME, when the standards of gameplay/graphics/voice acting was lower.

And how can you consider Mass Effect 2 better when it didn't have any story? It's about Shepard making a squad and fighting the Collectors... in 3 missions. That's it, 3 missions. That's the main quest. It's Mass Effect: The side quest. Has no consequence to the trilogy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    those were better times. i wish it was still like that.

that's apparently what the witcher's dlc is like. an expansion. i don't like that game though, so idk what it's like actually.

i hope future dragon age, elder scrolls, and fallout learn that this is what people want the most.
    The Witcher 3 has 2 expansions, hearts of stone, which is an amazing side story with a brilliant villain and takes about 10 hours. It's one big quest with smaller quests around it and it's probably the best expansion I've ever played.

The second one is Blood and Wine, which adds a new area that's huge. Calling it an expansion is an insult, it's almost a new game. You can spend around 30-40 hours playing it, based on internet rumor ( I haven't played it yet ).

How 'bout we play as a grey warden again (not THE warden necessarily) and somehow we bring gryphons back and ride them?

Through fade, time travel, or just finding them migrated to an island or something. Either way is fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    After DAI and MEA, how can anyone still expect a good game from bioware...
    Inquisition was a very good rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The Witcher 3 has 2 expansions, hearts of stone, which is an amazing side story with a brilliant villain and takes about 10 hours. It's one big quest with smaller quests around it and it's probably the best expansion I've ever played.

The second one is Blood and Wine, which adds a new area that's huge. Calling it an expansion is an insult, it's almost a new game. You can spend around 30-40 hours playing it, based on internet rumor ( I haven't played it yet ).
    yeah, that sounds like good sizes overall. 10 hours for a small dlc, basically a whole other game for an expansion. that needs to happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    How 'bout we play as a grey warden again (not THE warden necessarily) and somehow we bring gryphons back and ride them?

Through fade, time travel, or just finding them migrated to an island or something. Either way is fine.
    wasn't there a story where some greywardens found a few living eggs? or maybe they were darkspawn corrupt, i can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Inquisition was a very good rpg.
    it was, but it needed more. also, no more hard endings. that's what made me hate new vegas, what annoyed me with trespasser, hard endings are annoying as shit. i want to keep playing in the world and see how my actions have changed it.

it can't be too hard to have a few different worlds phased for whatever outcome you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So if it is another CRPG (it most likely will be) what are we expecting storywise?

I think the new game will be in Tevinter, the player character will end up being the Black Divine, will include an all-out war with the Qunari with everyone being manipulated by Fen'Harel; when he deems the Qunari to no longer be a threat he will initiate his plan to completely tear the Veil apart (which likely will destroy the world as we know it entirely).

I also think it would be uniquely opportune to allow a more evil path for the player.
    This may be extreme but I like the direction the combat is going, hope they take it further. That's about it.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So if it is another CRPG (it most likely will be) what are we expecting storywise?

I think the new game will be in Tevinter, the player character will end up being the Black Divine, will include an all-out war with the Qunari with everyone being manipulated by Fen'Harel; when he deems the Qunari to no longer be a threat he will initiate his plan to completely tear the Veil apart (which likely will destroy the world as we know it entirely).

I also think it would be uniquely opportune to allow a more evil path for the player.
    he's basically a god, i don't think anyone's really a threat to him, not even the qunari.

it'll be kinda unrealistic if we have time to gallivant around thedas fighting qunari and whatever. his plans make the story kinda urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which is fine, personally I think you guys are missing out but ya know liveand let live.
    I've played it, I didn't miss it. It was tough for me to get through, almost had to force myself. Anyway, it is doing fine without my seal of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    since DA:I trespasser left such an open ending. It was only a matter of time before a new one would come.

HELLO TEVINTER! here we come
    I have a murder-boner for Fen'harel atm. I want it satisfied. Also going to Tevinter to my bae Dorian. T3T

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I pretty much want the whole game to be about hunting down that magnificent bastard. He broke my goddamn heart and I will have my justice.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yeah I pretty much want the whole game to be about hunting down that magnificent bastard. He broke my goddamn heart and I will have my justice.
    like, with that ending, i wouldn't even mind being the inquisitor again. we should be the inquisitor again i think.

i want to make my boo come home with me and everything be ok.