But why? They've been moderately successful over all if these years without a Stanley Cup since joining the NHL. Just don't see what there is to hate or even really be much of a rival really.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    The.two largest fan bases both dislike Sens from a rivalry perspective. That's the only reason why it seems excessive. I dislike the Caps for beating us in the playoffs this year for example, but that'll go away next year. I hate the Sens and that isn't going anywhere.
    It goes beyond that though, you have to look at the marketing perspective. Before Ottawa came around, the Maritime provinces were strongly supporting Montreal and Toronto. The NHL, in their infinite wisdom, decided to crush that whole market and force the Senators down the throats of the hockey fans on the east coast, in Northern Ontario and Quebec further up the St. Lawrence river. Ottawa basically impeded on the Leafs and Canadien's fan bases as well as their viewers choice at what team they wanted to watch. I know a lot of people from the east coast who hate Ottawa exclusively for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    But why? They've been moderately successful over all if these years without a Stanley Cup since joining the NHL. Just don't see what there is to hate or even really be much of a rival really.
    Played then in the playoffs all over the 90s, their fans developed a real bad inferiority complex. They can't stand the Leafs and we can't stand the Karlsson plus 18's.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played then in the playoffs all over the 90s, their fans developed a real bad inferiority complex. They can't stand the Leafs and we can't stand the Karlsson plus 18's.
    to be fair not many other people in Canada can stand the Leafs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Ugh, the amount of Leaf fans that came out of the wood works this year was insufferable. Like, don't show your fandom when they are winning unless you plan to show it when they are losing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Ugh, the amount of Leaf fans that came out of the wood works this year was insufferable. Like, don't show your fandom when they are winning unless you plan to show it when they are losing.
    the thing about the Leafs that make me mad are some of the fanbase. I want to like the team but certain fans are just too obnoxious and it clouds my judgement

Eh could be worse, try living down here where every troll and moron thinks you grew up on a farm and just started watching hockey. Yeah we've heard for a while, but damn does it get old when you get to listen to it every time you play a northern city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh could be worse, try living down here where every troll and moron thinks you grew up on a farm and just started watching hockey. Yeah we've heard for a while, but damn does it get old when you get to listen to it every time you play a northern city.
    Dang must stink to not live in a traditional hockey region...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    And yet they rarely have a better reason than the super idiotic "the media talks about them a lot". Its becomes easier and easier every year to enjoy watching other Canadian teams end their season but still something extra satisfying when it's Montreal or Ottawa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Im not surprised, but we probably still have one of the most loyal fan bases in the world. Plenty of us supported them through the last decade of disappointment and were constantly called idiots for supporting them. Same thing that would happen to the Habs fan base.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet they rarely have a better reason than the super idiotic "the media talks about them a lot". Its becomes easier and easier every year to enjoy watching other Canadian teams end their season but still something extra satisfying when it's Montreal or Ottawa.
    Yep I'm the same way lol. Only team I'd cheer for is Winnipeg. I'm indifferent towards Ottawa depending on their opponent but I enjoy seeing the Canucks, Oilers, Leafs, Habs all lose in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Lots of people hate Crosby, but not because he is the best player in the world.

I don't think there were many people who hated Gretzky, Lemieux or Jagr....
    All 3 of those players got hate. But Crosby is better than them all. Offensively all 3 of those players were great. But Crosby has an instinct that is borderline telepathic. Lemieux, Gretzky, and Jagr, were players that were so good they could put pucks in the net under any circumstance. Crosby is a playmaker. He is so attuned to his teamates and the cadence of the game, as well as his insane physical coordination that it puts him in a whole other category. People like that draw haters. So people will say things like "Whining". So they can pretend that it's that that makes them hate him. Because it's embarrassing to admit that you're insecure enough to just hate people who are good at things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Because there weren't whiners back then. And one also must remember that during the 80's and 90's, there were guys who existed merely to protect the star players. Whether they fought or not didn't matter, because they made their presence felt on the ice. There are too many sissy boys in the league today who whine and not enough tough guys who will stand up for their teammates against the dirty players.
    Yes there were. You just didn't have social media back then where a hive mentality can build characteristics of people that may or may not exist. Every generation thinks that the new generation are soft and are whiners. There are going to be people 20 years from now where people look back to this time as when "Men were men" and the current generation are soft and whiny. And Crosby has fought more times than many finesse players from "back in the day". Anyone calling anyone in the NHL a "sissy" is projecting. It is not a sport for sissies. Give me a break.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    All 3 of those players got hate. But Crosby is better than them all. Offensively all 3 of those players were great. But Crosby has an instinct that is borderline telepathic. Lemieux, Gretzky, and Jagr, were players that were so good they could put pucks in the net under any circumstance. Crosby is a playmaker. He is so attuned to his teamates and the cadence of the game, as well as his insane physical coordination that it puts him in a whole other category. People like that draw haters. So people will say things like "Whining". So they can pretend that it's that that makes them hate him. Because it's embarrassing to admit that you're insecure enough to just hate people who are good at things.
    Crosby is a great ice hockey player. But he is also a whiner and a rat. The latter sentence is the reason why people hate him. There's a reason why for example Gretzky won the Lady Byng trophy 4 times and Crosby has won it zero times. I don't think Crosby has ever even been nominated for that trophy. Go figure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I was about to say, people don't call Crosby a whiner because they are jealous, they call him that by watching him go cry to the Refs all the time. I don't even watch Eastern Conference hockey that often, and even I saw that pretty quick. The guy is good no doubt, but you can't just toss out his bad qualities because he is good.

Heck even on my own team I call out the bad stuff. Forsberg can score, but when he doesn't it's usually because he is trying to do everything on his own. If he's in a slump that's usually why.

Neal can score, but let's face it, he can be as dirty as anyone and frankly I'm a bit worried he's going to do a bunch of dumb stuff in this series.

Peks is great until he takes his 6' 7" frame and turns it into 4'7". It's the reason so many pucks go in over his shoulders, it's maddening.

Crosby's on ice play is great, but his bad is his mouth jawing like a 4 year old that just got slapped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Dang must stink to not live in a traditional hockey region...
    Yeah but yall don't get the inbred, farmer, redneck, hick, and every other hillbilly stereotype that can come down the pipe. About all I've seen about California is " its too hot for hockey there ". Granted I wasn't around for the early years in LA so don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes there were. You just didn't have social media back then where a hive mentality can build characteristics of people that may or may not exist. Every generation thinks that the new generation are soft and are whiners. There are going to be people 20 years from now where people look back to this time as when "Men were men" and the current generation are soft and whiny. And Crosby has fought more times than many finesse players from "back in the day". Anyone calling anyone in the NHL a "sissy" is projecting. It is not a sport for sissies. Give me a break.
    Seems like nobody else in agreement with you but I absolutely agree with social media and hive mentality. Gretzky would be demonized if social media started back when he was beginning to play.

Dont really see Crosby crying to Refs as much as early in career but he can't get rid of the reputation mostly due to social media IMO.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    really glad Erie lost in the finals there, friggin goofs with their douchy blonde hair dye

Well tonight gets it started, guess we find out if we really have a shot or us Preds fans are just delusional.

Lets go Preds, gotta go for the underdog here

Though really, fuck...Chicago, Blues and Anaheim...maybe the Pens are the underdog this time lol.

I just hope it doesn't turn into trap nonsense
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Lets go Preds, gotta go for the underdog here

Though really, fuck...Chicago, Blues and Anaheim...maybe the Pens are the underdog this time lol.

I just hope it doesn't turn into trap nonsense
    We don't play the trap so I'm not sure why it would.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't play the trap so I'm not sure why it would.
    The Pens will start playing 1-3-1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Pittsburgh, let's go Preds!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.