Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow a college professor says something absurdly stupid. News at eleven.

Deleted
    When it comes to free speech in this forum, every country gets blamed for "doing it wrong", for example when it comes to hate speech laws. The one sentence is always get is, "I don't agree, but I'll defend your right to say what you want". Teaching creationism in schools? No big deal. Justifying illegal wars on Fox News? Your fault if you have "the wrong opinion".

Now somebody says something against the NRA, without threatening anybody, and in come the "freedom police". "Patriot Watch", even sounds like something from 1984. Almost as dangerously stupid as this sentence:

"If it were up to the left, only criminals, the military, the police and the government would have guns. That’s a recipe for a dictatorship. See Venezuela."

This is so fucked up. Seriously, what is wrong with you.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-05-28 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That does not seem like a link I would like to click on.
    You would be right about that. I mean it uses the term 'illegal alien', how low brow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there a picture of Man City fans at the end of the article lmao.
    Also that article is hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    After doing some source checking:

The story in the OP is fabricated and twists words into meaning something else.

What the (retired) prof in this case pointed out was that to americans, the NRA is a greater threat for needless loss of life than ISIS (in the USA!).

You can read his opinion piece here:
    http://www.columbiamissourian.com/op...112895e9c.html
    So propaganda. Denouncing people with complicated opinions. Nice.

A famous person once said, "Henry Ford is more effective in killing Americans than Osama Bin Laden", criticizing the war on Iraq. Should I send an E-Mail to this stupid website, so they can explain to him as well what freedom of speech is?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Unfortunate, but not necessarily unexpected. And these people are molding the brains of our young to believe in this type of stuff.
    you mean just like how the education system is now teaching our children to be accepting of gays?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nah, they don't pay more than I make now. Thanks for the well wishes though.
    Guess i should have figured in snap benefits and medicare. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    you mean just like how the education system is now teaching our children to be accepting of gays?
    Yes, that's exactly what I said. Literally word for word.

Poor kid has me confused with himself, using government benefits to get his education.
    I know right, ain't life great.

Maybe someday ill hire you to work for me, i need someone to wash my motorcycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    so wait, when you regressive left riot because someone​ you don't like is going to speak, that's not a first admendment issue but when someone says your demigod and oracle Chompsky should be sent to reap what he sows he's wipeing his ass with the first admendment?
    And you demanding someone be deported because you don't like what they have to say is somehow superior?

We live in America. People can say whatever downright stupid shit they want. Protesting is also a long-protected right. Rioting is not. You will never and can not find a single post of mine in support of rioting, or Chompsky for that matter.

But that's for painting with a wide brush, it really demonstrates your moral superiority.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The people hysterical about fake news link a site that is filled with fake news

Hilarious. Got any more material for the KKK rally?
    Im an African American why would i want to go to a KKK rally?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing to do is ignore such stupid statements.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Well I mean for the average american its true that Isis is nicer than the NRA because we dont really have to deal with Isis much over here. But if you care about people in other countries and shit then obviously Isis is worse.
    You probably wouldn't know if someone was a member of NRA unless you were at a convention or they told you.

Owning guns doesn't mean you are in the NRA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just take a look at this thread..

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You probably wouldn't know if someone was a member of NRA unless you were at a convention or they told you.

So true. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and voice it on here often. Many would think I am a member of the NRA. But I am not.

always amazed how the right, digs through the sewers of the internet to find some "liberal" saying something stupid, while the "left" just quote the sitting republican officials saying something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post

I know it doesn't I used to own a few guns and was never a member.

i really would make it a law that if you speak shit like this, you'd get shipped out to live with them
    It's called freedom of speech and there's nothing you can do about it.

There are far more serious subjects being talked about in the US without repercussions, like holocaust denial or outright racist slurs.