Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    By that logic lets remove PVP rewards like mounts and tmogs as well that way noone gets them and everyone can be "happy" right?
    You're aware Blizzard has already made every PvP mog available without doing PvP and yeah I think the PvP mounts shouldn't be limited nor exclusive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yes, what makes the "quest of having the item" epic is that not many people have it. Nothing is able to be epic if everyone has it.

Prestige rewards are in every single game and is what makes people continue playing the game after the point of "casually having fun".
    That's why i think they are very important for a game.
    Except when a game exceeds 5 million players that rare mount just becomes uncommon... Whenever I see somebody with a 'prestgious' mount I don't think WOW I just think they have more time and patience than I

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The prestige is getting it before others

- - - Updated - - -

Except people just pay somebody to get it them... I payed 50k for people to carry me for the moose mount as did many
    No prestige is in getting stuff what many will not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No prestige is in getting stuff what many will not.
    And many will not have it for a year or two... so yeah it's still prestigious

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    For you to say "titles are enough" is because you don't care about them and most people also don't care.
    Just as an example, in League of Legends millions of people are playing the game just to get a stupid boarder in the loading screen
    And some people, apparently, like to eviscerate their own arguments on the forums. In the same post, even!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're aware Blizzard has already made every PvP mog available without doing PvP and yeah I think the PvP mounts shouldn't be limited nor exclusive
    *leans into mic*

WRONG
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no individual skill in the rewards he's talking about. None.

You can't individually clear a raid, rated battleground, arena, challenge mode dungeon, world boss etc.

The only thing I can think of in the recent history of WoW that was an individual achievement was the warlock green fire quest. Even then it depended on a some RNG for the book, some further RNG while running it or just a patient wait until near the end of the expansion to faceroll it.

Too much of the "aspire to" things require carries, friendships and RNG of actually hitting a good group. I would say guilds but that follows in the friendship category.

WoW has never been a game of individual skill which makes his argument baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    WoW has never been a game of individual skill which makes his argument baseless.
    Where the fuck was it ever decided that exclusive prestigious rewards can only be handed out for individual skill? Never. This didn't happen. What you're saying ii literally like saying because Cheetos come from a bag and you can sit on the bag and squish it, the air speed velocity of a flying squirrel on fire is equal to the rotational frequency of the earth's circumference divided by 1+-0= ching chang potato³, it's complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Where the fuck was it ever decided that exclusive prestigious rewards can only be handed out for individual skill? Never. This didn't happen. What you're saying ii literally like saying because Cheetos come from a bag and you can sit on the bag and squish it, the air speed velocity of a flying squirrel on fire is equal to the rotational frequency of the earth's circumference divided by 1+-0= ching chang potato³, it's complete nonsense.
    Speaking of things that are complete nonsense, the first part of your belligerent rambling fits that bill rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In the latest post by Ghostcrawler, he says that he is a big fan exclusive, prestige rewards for the best players.

He also mentions that there should be content for all types of players, however he is in favor of time-limited and rewards that people aspire to, but are never able to obtain.

I think the reason he feels this way is because having aspirations in the game make players better. It also gives players goals to go try to achieve.

Back in TBC, I aspired to be a raider and clear BT and Sunwell because of the fact that it was prestigious. It was cool because I liked that other players saw my gear and wanted to become like me and try to obtain the gear that I had. It felt good because the gear was unique and if a player had T6 gear, it meant they were good players.

Now that gear is so diluted, especially since the same look is obtainable in different difficulties, just with different color variations, it loses some of its umph and prestige. Blizzard is known for being wishy washy on their stance, but one stance that I really wish they would go back to is the WoD model of gear, where the tier gear looked different from the tourist gear.

Do you agree with Ghostcrawler?
    You're example isn't what he's talking about, you're talking about gear progression and how it was much more difficult in TBC than now. He's talking about exclusive rewards that you get in a certain time period, so CM sets, mounts like the scarab or plagued drake etc.

He's wrong, and I'm glad he's gone because we don't need that shit in game penalizing people because they join WoW after it's finished or because theres a certain time period they can't play. Not to mention this whole system is completely BS when they introduced non-obtainable items back in the game through the BMAH. It essentially made it "You can get this item now because you're good or you can get it when it's gone because your filthy rich"

In terms of gear progression I agree with you, I was one of those people constantly inspecting people in SW sitting there in full BT gear, and it got me into raiding. I do think we get gear to easily now, but that's just how the game has changed, if we go back to TBC sense of gear progression, I'd imagine the numbers would drop really quickly

Deleted
    Exclusive unique rewards is what makes people connect to their games.

Believe it, its the truth. People enjoy to be unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla didn't even have unique prestige rewards outside AQ mount. Everything else was just straight-up removed content. After Vanilla only server firsts counted as prestige. Even Arena counts as removed content because it's just arbitrary season reset.

If you have to remove content rather than only handing it out to a limited number of players, then it's not prestige content. It's carrot on a stick. It's a fucking video game not the Olympics.

Not sure why Curse is forcing Ghostcrawler's irrelevant bullshit double-speak down everyone's throats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Um... you are able to, if you're skilled enough. If you're not good enough, you aren't able to.

Your money doesn't buy you a free completion of the most challenging content. Cell phone and tablet games may be more suited for you.
    Have fun organizing 20-40 players. Because it's totally possible for every single player to have access to 20-40 players at any given moment.

Oh what's that? You got benched for the server-first kill because your class/spec is no good on the final boss? Tough shit.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

7+ Year Old Account
    The more you work for something the bigger the reward should be. And time limited stuff are nice...like my Immortal title for instance, really nice knowing no one else is gonna be able to obtain it EVER again. Makes it more unique.

You should never ever be able to get a title or mount or anything really without putting the effort to get it, but the technology is not quite there to allow timewalking properly everything.

For instance, the Archimonde mount is now 1%, but it should be guaranteed if you form a group and go do it in timewalking mythic raiding which would also bring you back to what your class was back then.

It's not going to happen, but it's how it should have been.

This way nothing would ever be trivial and people would have TONS of content ahead of them.