Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Helya lost my sympathy when she gave Illidan's soul to the Legion.

Which is apparently a thing that happened. Before I was aware of that, I felt bad for her. I still do, sort of.

Odyn is a prick though, yes. He was/is obsessed with his idea of the Valarjar to the point where he was willing to ditch his Titanic siblings and force his own "daughter" into eternal unrest.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Helya lost my sympathy when she gave Illidan's soul to the Legion.

Which is apparently a thing that happened. Before I was aware of that, I felt bad for her. I still do, sort of.

Odyn is a prick though, yes. He was/is obsessed with his idea of the Valarjar to the point where he was willing to ditch his Titanic siblings and force his own "daughter" into eternal unrest.
    If I recall correctly, his soul was given to Helya from the legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The lore in 7.2 being Word of Odyn in his class hall, of course hes not going to put himself at fault.
    7.2 also caused two Alliance military leaders to forsake their faction because Odyn is oh so great. The warrior storyline continues on with retcons involving how The Halls of Valor is ran and Odyn's history with mortal races (going from no mortals ever going there and him not knowing how strong they are, to him having been running an annual tournament, inviting people into the Halls, and watching with awe as they kick his Vrykul's collective asses).

I cant help but think this lore, even if written by Odyn, is what is the actual lore. Do remember, by blizzards own admission lore is based on "If there is a contradiction, the newest stuff is true"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    7.2 also caused two Alliance military leaders to forsake their faction because Odyn is oh so great. The warrior storyline continues on with retcons involving how The Halls of Valor is ran and Odyn's history with mortal races (going from no mortals ever going there and him not knowing how strong they are, to him having been running an annual tournament, inviting people into the Halls, and watching with awe as they kick his Vrykul's collective asses).

I cant help but think this lore, even if written by Odyn, is what is the actual lore. Do remember, by blizzards own admission lore is based on "If there is a contradiction, the newest stuff is true"
    Id say if its out of game lore sure, but this is in game and the way its worded leans heavily into unreliable narrator.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    What europe did to germany after WWI makes them the badguys, not hitler.

Nice logic you have there mate.
    Yours isn't much better it seems
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

It does not logically follow that evil deeds from a character must consequently generate oppositions from others to make for a well-written character. It depends entirely on the context of the situations and the positions of the interacting characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Vereesa's children that are so memorable even she once forgot about
    I laughed at that.

On-topic: Odyn is a jerk but I think it was the point of the character? People were meant to hate him and Blizzard succeeded with that.

I don't like the whole general idea of stealing the norse gods mythology for the watchers of azeroth :/

The lore in 7.2 being Word of Odyn in his class hall, of course hes not going to put himself at fault.
    Everyone knows that Helya shot first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Everyone knows that Helya shot first.
    You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
    Holy shit lol

Kil'jeaden is a terrible character. He is selfish, evil and wants us dead, and, of course, a character being a dick makes them badly written by default.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    Kil'jeaden is a terrible character. He is selfish, evil and wants us dead, and, of course, a character being a dick makes them badly written by default.
    Kil'jaeden is terribly written but for different reasons.

This guy is supposed to be a deceiver, master manipulator, yet his every machination turned against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If that was the case, Helya wouldn't be who she is and well the aspects might be different if Odyn wasn't so proud. Along with being on Azeroth this whole time. His flaws did have consequences.
    You mean, a piece of dead meat because the Horde and the Alliance jumped on the Odyn bandwagon without a care in the world and did his dirty laundry for him just like that? Yeah, Odyn's flaws contributed so much to that story. Sure ting.

For the record, the issue with Odyn isn't the Chronicles lore, it's how he's presented in WoW and how his WoW portrayal is disjointed from what we know about him from Chronicles. His flaws are contained to the Chronicles alone and in WoW they play literally no role whatsoever.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-05-29 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    He is an old good patriarch type. He does as he wishes and wenches should obey. I really like him. One of the best characters of Legion.

If I recall correctly, his soul was given to Helya from the legion.
    That was Allari's or Xe'ra's speculation. What is known for sure is that it was stolen from the Nether by Helya.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It does not logically follow that evil deeds from a character must consequently generate oppositions from others to make for a well-written character. It depends entirely on the context of the situations and the positions of the interacting characters.
    Opposition? No. Perhaps that's why no one limited this to just opposition. Any reaction whatsoever, any recognition of them being a thing? Sort of. Even that aside, the issue of flaws not guaranteeing good writing on their own either remains, so the defense of Odyn as a character that's merely "Odyn-senpai is so flawed and that alone makes him a great character" (i.e. the majority of the posts that do defend him in this thread) doesn't have much to stand on.

"Breath of fresh air" comments even less so, since I'm still not sure which major characters are supposedly flawless for Odyn to positively compare here. Even Anduin has his naivety. And lo and behold, it affects how he interacts with the world and how the worlds interacts with him in return. Odyn's flaws on the other hand exist only in the ether as far as Legion is concerned, with everyone around him choking on his VALORous erection whenever they get the opportunity.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-05-29 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    He is an old good patriarch type. He does as he wishes and wenches should obey. I really like him. One of the best characters of Legion.
    He got locked in his kitchen. By a goddamn woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Kil'jaeden is terribly written but for different reasons.

This guy is supposed to be a deceiver, master manipulator, yet his every machination turned against him.
    Yo, KJboy is trying his best. I heard that in tomb of sargeras he will manipulate us into killing him, so perhaps his first true victory is nearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He got locked in his kitchen. By a goddamn woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, KJboy is trying his best. I heard that in tomb of sargeras he will manipulate us into killing him, so perhaps his first true victory is nearing.
    More like a dining room. Considering all the bodies laying around in Helheim, I would say it is the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You mean, a piece of dead meat because the Horde and the Alliance jumped on the Odyn bandwagon without a care in the world and did his dirty laundry for him just like that? Yeah, Odyn's flaws contributed so much to that story. Sure ting.

For the record, the issue with Odyn isn't the Chronicles lore, it's how he's presented in WoW and how his WoW portrayal is disjointed from what we know about him from Chronicles. His flaws are contained to the Chronicles alone and in WoW they play literally no role whatsoever.
    Exactly this. We only know that Odyn is a shit based on the chronicles stuff, which the game seems to either be ignoring or flat out re-writing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    More like a dining room. Considering all the bodies laying around in Helheim, I would say it is the kitchen.
    It doesn't really matter, he got bitch handled by a woman. He isnt even male anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It doesn't really matter, he got bitch handled by a woman. He isnt even male anymore.
    It would be true if it was not an universal truth. All men get 'bitch handled' once or twice. What matters is that he found brave champions who served their purpose. And it is not as if Harlotya defeated him, she merely sealed the doors to a luxurious party. Truly a promethean figure.