Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You are doing something very wrong if you are letting healers solo you. Complaining about healers in Legion is also not a display of great acumen tbh. Just let it go. Maybe save your tears for next expansion when healers likely will get some of their pvp power back.
    The "learn 2 play" card. Everyone knew that was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I like world pvp. The main things I do in game are quest, random BG's, work professions, and world pvp. I do not gank low levels, but if a player is the same level as I am it is definitely one of guilty pleasures to engage them while they are killing quest mobs.

However, the one thing that I have disliked for a long time in this game is that healers are immortal in 1v1 combat. It just feels boring and unfair that a if I see a healer out in the world I may as well good the other way because they are impossible to solo. However, healers can solo me over a certain period of time.
    A healer should be unkillable 1v1, maybe even 1v2 if the healers good enough. What shouldnt be though, is the healer be unkillable, but also be able to kill you because you can't out heal the damage they do.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Good job expecting to be told to play better when complaining about a healer soloing you in Legion. Others would be shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandar View Post
    Maybe because they can't really kill anyone, not in a realistic time frame, even 1v1. And forget killing multiple players.
    Dont tell them that. Deathknights gotta stay immortal at least and kill multiple people while they're at it.

Maybe because they can't really kill anyone, not in a realistic time frame, even 1v1. And forget killing multiple players.
    I kill people as Disc all the time > Even excluding Overloaded with Light, I rofl at people that attempt to kill me in the sewer as I'm checking the bmah. They don't live very long. If they leave me alone, I leave them alone, but it's fair game and if you attack me, I'll fuck your day up.

Anyways, if you want to go cry about people being immortal, go attack a blood dk or a guardian druid. Not only will they kill you, they'll do it quickly, while remaining at 100% hp, even with all those quest mobs on them. MY guilty pleasure is heading into the sewer with Overloaded with Light, looking for that one asshole tank actively engaged in attacking someone, and 1shot them.

It HAS backfired before... a 9mil spell reflect to the face had me /facepalm and walking away shamefaced.

- - - Updated - - -

You made a post to complain about not being able to 1v1 a healer. Of course it was coming, and you should have expected it. Did you expect that you should be able to 1v1 everyone as a dps?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I would be game for giving healers some more damage and reducing their healing output.
    Why not the opposite? Less damage, more heals!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Because if one person could kill them then imagine how hard it'd be for them when there's 2 or 3 on them in an arena match - No amount of peeling would do anything.
    /thread. For balance reasons.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exept they can. Disc, and holy paladin specially do insane amounts of dmg in wpvp situations. Only thing they lack is slows which makes it easy to run away from them. But you are done for if shockadin gets a stun on you and you don't have trinket ready.

I really hate how retardely OP healers are in BGs. Almost unkillable (as long as they got CDs ready) even when there is 3-6 players tunneling em and if there is 2 healers you might aswell give up and go kill some fair targets. Hots up on my rdudu and bearform = unkillable until hots are dispelled or ends, rehotting takes 2 seconds and you can always outrun most of the classes.

Healers and Tanks are some of the most bogus mechanics in PvP right now, especially for all DPS specs which had their self healing reduced to barely existing levels (or lack it completely). That your best bet to avoid damage is to lag around your target is also kinda poor. No wonder WoW PvP will never be a proper e-Sport .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    If healers could not even outheal/survive 1 DPS, what would be the point of bringing one?
    They can't in HotS, a single DPS will shit all over a healer, yet they are still absurdly important characters there, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same way in WoW. Healers don't need to be the most durable characters in the entire game to be good, they werent always in the past, and they don't need to be now.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-29 at 05:27 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

It's true though. If a competent DPS is wailing on me I can hardly spare a GCD to damage them. Even if they'll hardly crumble under my 30k flame shock ticks and occasional 200k lava burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    It's true though. If a competent DPS is wailing on me I can hardly spare a GCD to damage them. Even if they'll hardly crumble under my 30k flame shock ticks and occasional 200k lava burst.
    That's because you're a Resto Shaman, one of the 2 healers that is actually reasonable and actually has to rely on their teammates to not be borderline invincible (the other being Holy Paladins).
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They can't in HotS, a single DPS will shit all over a healer, yet they are still absurdly important characters there, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same way in WoW. Healers don't need to be the most durable characters in the entire game to be good, they werent always in the past, and they don't need to be now.
    Hrmm, in HoTs, it varies depending on the healer. Kharazim, for instance, will shit over any mage, and a good number of melee/ranged. LiLi can kill pretty much any melee, but can't chase them when running away, and she's dangerous vs mages/ranged. Rehgar shits on mages/ranged, but needs to carefully kite some melee. Tyrande just needs to avoid CC, and she can eliminate anybody 1v1.

Different games too. Most team fights in HoTS are over in 30 seconds. In WoW, you can expect even fights with healers on both sides to last for 9, 12, even 30 minutes before the changes to Arena. With 2s for pure dps, fights will generally last for a minute or two. In HoTS, 2 dps slugging it out with another 2 dps will result in a death in 10 seconds. HoTS is significantly faster paced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

1v1(and world pvp, in general) isn't balanced. they pvp balance around 3v3 i believe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Because if one person could kill them then imagine how hard it'd be for them when there's 2 or 3 on them in an arena match - No amount of peeling would do anything.
    Oh no, it's almost as if support roles are meant to be squishy and require the aid of their team in order to survive, and not be the tanks that they are in WoW PvP.

Arena is probably the worst thing to ever happen to WoW PvP, a ridiculous death match of last man standing when the game engine doesn't support interesting small scale combat resulting in pillar humping and a game of, who can use crowd control with burst cooldowns faster than the other? At least battlegrounds have objectives and maps large enough to be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    If healers could not even outheal/survive 1 DPS, what would be the point of bringing one?
    Healers/support characters are incredibly squishy and unable to kill anything on their own in pretty much all other games, their very role, support, is meant to be weak alone, as they enhance the strength of their allies thereby supporting them. The point in bringing them is that your team as a whole becomes stronger, your dps will be able to survive what they otherwise would not and it becomes less of a game of who can burst down the other faster.

WoW's healers wouldn't need to be as tanky as they are in PvP if it wasn't for arenas, in battlegrounds it wouldn't matter as much if they died for as long as they could keep others alive. But in many ways WoW's combat just isn't suitable, there's too many ways of cancelling out distance to get close to the enemy on top of guaranteed hits with every attack, there is no means of avoiding or dodging them short of hiding behind a wall.

Try playing Dota, HotS, Overwatch or anything else with a support role and you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    But in many ways WoW's combat just isn't suitable, there's too many ways of cancelling out distance to get close to the enemy on top of guaranteed hits with every attack, there is no means of avoiding or dodging them short of hiding behind a wall.
    You also can't intercept an enemy, so your only way of "defending" a player is to stun the enemy or heal/buff the player. That players have no collision check with one another is also just the most superficial issue, plenty others around as well, like flanking is utterly meaningless for example, or the fact that there is no punishment for running past someone without defending. Wow combat is extremely floaty, I get that it's fast paced but otherwise I never got why people give it so much praise.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-29 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    To be fair in HotS healers may not be able to out heal 1 dps without big cool downs, but they can (In most cases) do lots of damage and reliably get kills on their own (love soloing bad Assassins as Brightwing), and they tend to have the best CC's / Stuns in the game. This is in contrast to wow where they usually have less CC / worse then the average DPS, and their damage is most times ignoreable. Not to mention the fact that most DPS in HotS are a lot more squishy. I will say that druids tend to be on the "A bit to immortal" (As well as a bit to dam much utility) side of things, but hopefully one day they wont end up as top dog (Cant remember the last time they took spot 4 or 5 on the healer tir list.)
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-05-29 at 07:36 AM.

Healers are far from immortal in 1v1, you're just bad.

I like world pvp. The main things I do in game are quest, random BG's, work professions, and world pvp. I do not gank low levels, but if a player is the same level as I am it is definitely one of guilty pleasures to engage them while they are killing quest mobs.

However, the one thing that I have disliked for a long time in this game is that healers are immortal in 1v1 combat. It just feels boring and unfair that a if I see a healer out in the world I may as well good the other way because they are impossible to solo. However, healers can solo me over a certain period of time.
    for the same reason tanks are absolute Gods in world pvp - because blizzard tuning team is incapable of doin their job correcly - if you gathered bunch of 15 year old they would probably do it better

my theory is that all those who got into blizzard through family connections and nepotism are put into tuning team because nothing else could explain that level of shittnes they do as tunners

Deleted
    Healers are too strong in pvp right now.

No idea why they keep letting this happen once again, it's sucking all the fun out of pvp.