Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's racist.
    Statistically speaking, he's not wrong though...
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-05-29 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The police's job is to arrest suspected criminals and prepare evidence of their crimes for trial. If a person is to be killed for their crimes its up to a judge and jury following the laws laid down by elected officials.

Their job isn't to kill people. They are literally paid money to take the high road. Otherwise they're just a lawless vigilante gang.
    It also our job to win the fight and take the idiots to court. Of course if they get violent or resort to weapons shooting and/or killing someone is also part of the job. There is no high road of let them hurt you or get away just because they fight. Part of the background is being asked if you could shoot someone if the situation required it and a no answer wil get you DQ'd.

It looks like Slc is on a lucky streak where no aholes have forced them to shoot them. Good for them. As others have said, its super easy to not get shot or hurt by the police. Unfortunately we rarely deal with society's brightest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Almost all departments already do de-escalation tactics. That's pretty universally taught at law enforcement academies. So it's not like SLC is doing something new and revolutionary. It's far more likely that they just have been fortunate enough to go a couple years without a situation where lethal force had to be used. It's not like SLC officers are going to let themselves get shot at. My high school best friend is a SGT in the SLC area police force, and if you don't think they'll shoot if their life is threatened I can tell you that's definitely not the case (on or off-duty for that matter).
    Someone gets it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Someone gets it.

So out of 300+ million people in America. ONLY Salt lake city people have stopped being assholes enough to stop themselves from being shot. Not to mentioned it just so happened to coincide with a change in department policy.

The amount of hand waving by some people is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So out of 300+ million people in America. ONLY Salt lake city people have stopped being assholes enough to stop themselves from being shot. Not to mentioned it just so happened to coincide with a change in department policy.

The amount of hand waving by some people is astounding.
    Im sure SLC isnt the only place that hasnt killed someone in 2 years. I bet you there are probably 100s of other similar departments. Im sure there are many that have gone even longer than SLC. There isn't a set pattern for agencies. Some may go years and not have an fatal OIS, some may go months. And yes, i'm saying the change of department policy is just a coincidence because if someone starts shooting at or brandishing a gun at SLC officers tomorrow, he's going to get shot and possibly killed. The change in policy isnt going to change the reaction. It just means no one has forced the issue in the meantime.

The lack of critical thinking by some people is astounding.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salt Lake City is not Chicago or New Orleans. duh. It really does not have anything to do with following the PD departments there, but more about the type of environment they have to deal with. Move that same PD to the two other cities mentioned and they would have the same issues they deal with I bet.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Im sure SLC isnt the only place that hasnt killed someone in 2 years. I bet you there are probably 100s of other similar departments. Im sure there are many that have gone even longer than SLC. There isn't a set pattern for agencies. Some may go years and not have an fatal OIS, some may go months. And yes, i'm saying the change of department policy is just a coincidence because if someone starts shooting at or brandishing a gun at SLC officers tomorrow, he's going to get shot and possibly killed. The change in policy isnt going to change the reaction. It just means no one has forced the issue in the meantime.

The lack of critical thinking by some people is astounding.

You should probably look up crime rates before you make your assumptions. I agree with your last statement.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ut...ake-city/crime
    http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city...salt_lake_city
    http://www.areavibes.com/salt+lake+city-ut/crime/

Also just to prove you never read the link. Officers have been in said situations at least 37 times.

In 37 instances since June 2016, officers have managed to de-escalate situations in which they might otherwise have been justified in using lethal force, Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown told KSTU. To emphasize the importance of this approach, officers in those incidents have been given the department’s new de-escalation award.

You should probably look up crime rates before you make your assumptions. I agree with your last statement.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ut...ake-city/crime
    http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city...salt_lake_city
    http://www.areavibes.com/salt+lake+city-ut/crime/

Also just to prove you never read the link. Officers have been in said situations at least 37 times.
    And? Thats going to be true of every where. No one hears when we dont shoot someone but it happens more than people know. Officers shoot someone in fsr less than 1 percent of encounters.

Edit. I never said they didnt have crime. Im not sure what you think you know from this but it isnt what you hoped.
    Last edited by triplesdsu; 2017-05-29 at 02:52 AM.

White folk that were being shot before 2015. Again fail to see your point.
    I think he's saying cops only shoot black people.

Fucking SJWs, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

White folk that were being shot before 2015. Again fail to see your point.
    It would be more interesting to see how many shootings they have had there over the last 10-20 years.
    If they happened to have some case 2 years ago and otherwise they don't have any then that was just one outlier. That just means it's a very safe "neighborhood" in general, so that's not exactly a big achievment compared to living in a shit hole like chicago with gang crimes etc.